“Great hotel, great service.”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have stayed at Larkspur Landing in Sacramento dozens of times over the last five years. On two occasions, our stay extended from two to four weeks. During all these visits, we have consistently experienced service excellence. The front desk staff (Ryan particularly) is polite, efficient and eager to help. The Housekeeping staff, led by Estella, is amazing. They are happy to provide whatever you need to be comfortable.

I highly recommend this hotel. The location is perfect for any shopping and across the street from miles of walking/biking paths. I love the variety of daily newspapers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Larkspur Landing Sacramento

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I had originally reserved the hotel and paid for a no changes or refund policy rate through AMX.. I had a sudden medical emergency, the day of arrival at the hotel. I called the hotel after 9:00 PM after being treated at Urgent Care. I asked if there was any possibility to change my no changes reservation,because of the medical emergency. Not only did the hotel agree, they helped me to contact AMX.and get the reservation changed. We arrived the next day and the staff was so concerned with are well being. I asked for and was given a top floor corner room. The room was a 1 bedroom suite. It was spacious,spotless and a great value. We had originally planned on only staying 1 night. We needed to say a second night and the staff found me an even better rate then the one I had paid for the first night. That's why this property is number #1 on Trip Adviser..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2012

A decent chain hotel in a good location with an excellent front desk staff. They have an exorbitant pet fee ($75!) which I was not informed of when I booked the hotel on Orbitz. They knocked it down to $25, but beware, they may not do that forever. The room was good in that it had a full kitchen, etc., otherwise nothing special and the bed was a queen, not a king. The bedspread had a bad stain (which I complained about because I was afraid they were going to blame it on the dog,) which they replaced promptly. Breakfast was mediocre, but again, the breakfast staff was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I arrived at the hotel at almost midnight. The front staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel room has a perfect setup for business travelers. Everything is within reach. The Wi-Fi works well. The alarm clock had a docking station for iPod/iPhone and the bed is quite comfortable. The morning breakfast has a good variety of choices. The business center has printers readily available to print out the flight check-in passes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The hotel staff here are unbeatable! Every time a staff member passed us in the hall, they greeted us with smiles and asked how we were, if we needed anything, etc. The room was spacious and was more than we'd anticipated. The only negative was that our refrigerator made noise half of the night. No big deal, we just turned the temperature down.

This hotel was everything a mini-suite should be. Free Internet access was an added bonus! We came for the American River 50 Mile Run and the reception staff were completely knowledgeable about the location of the start line, the finish, and how to navigate the course. I didn't get to enjoy the free breakfast, and I wish they'd had a "to go" runner's breakfast, but that's really minor.

Bottom line, the hotel staff was wonderful, the room was spacious and clean, and I had a wonderful experience at the Larkspur. I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CLUBCHICK
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were especially pleased with the delightful staff that clearly love what they do. They were available 24-7, resourceful, and pleasant. You can tell the General Manager of the hotel works hard, sets a positive example and is good to his staff. The rooms were clean and supplied us with all that we needed, even cooking utensils and nice dishes in the kitchen. And, the room set-up, with the kitchen, separate bedroom and desk/work area, was perfect for our family. On top of it all, we never had any issues with noise (doors slamming, guests in the halls, etc.), like we seem to usually encounter at hotels. Plus, the location of the hotel seemed ideal - near downtown, but not in it, close to a big mall for shopping and nearby plenty of eateries. We had a wonderful visit and would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Good experience, but not sure how this hotel can be rated #1 on Trip Advisor. The front desk person was friendly at check-in, the beds were comfortable and they offer complimentary continental breakfast. There was just a few places to sit in the breakfast area, so we opted to carry everything back to the room (the have small plastic trays available). The room was clean and they offered free wifi. The property is located about 5 minutes from the S-50 freeway and tucked away in a parking lot behind several restaurants. Parking was not a problem and the location felt fairly safe.

On the downside, our room was smaller than expected, although the front desk person said that we were in one of the largest rooms in the hotel. The aircon/heater in the room was somewhat loud when it kicked in and the refrigerator constantly gurgled throughout the night. I am a fairly light sleeper, so this was a problem for me. Additionally, housekeeping failed to replace one of the towels one day . . . not a big deal, but noticeable nonetheless. Lastly, I emailed the property to ask a question before booking and never heard back from them. I finally just called instead.

Overall, a good stay, but again, I don't understand how this property is rated #1 on trip advisor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family