“Nice weekend in Sacramento”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Petaluma, California, United States
“Nice weekend in Sacramento”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very friendly staff greeted us and helped throughout the weekend. The bed was comfortable and having a bedroom door so that the rest of the suite could be used while one person slept in, was great! The kitchen has a full-size refrigerator and a two-burner stove so you can cook up some food if you want. The breakfast spread was nice for those who like carbs, so I fixed my own breakfast in my room. The hotel is in a good location to get to various sight-seeing places.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Hebrew first
Louisiana
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here for the weekend. Executive suite room was very nice, large. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Eating area was small, but buffet was sufficient and readily restocked. Hotel located in quiet, easily accessible area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Love this place! The front desk clerk, Tanya, greeted us warmly and insisted upon meeting our dog. She introduced us to another dog owner. It is very important to us that our dog is truly welcome in dog friendly hotels.
We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite. Yes, the bedroom is a little tight, but with the living quarters it was perfect for us. The layout is very well thought out and roomy. Even though the address is on busy Howe Ave, the hotel is at the back of a shopping center parking lot; quiet.
We will come back here for all future trips to Sacramento.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Gambrills, Maryland
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was a good place to stay for a long weekend visiting family and then a couple days of business. It was clean and friendly. I had some difficulty with the wi-fi. It was hard to find the first time--very low key signage. Breakfast was good--but eating space was limited. No pool and hot tub right at front door. Smokers gathered in the gazebo at the front--not great. The room was comfortable and bed was too. Everything worked in the kitchen and coffee was provided. Coffee also in lobby and cookies showed up in the evening. I like having a fridge with a freezer--went to grocery just up the street and got ice cream. The hotel shares a parking lot with 3 restaurants but many others are a short drive away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Oakland, Ca
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our stay was terrific. The kitchen in the room was well equipped. Could have used another chair or sofa in the room. The staff was excellent! Friendly and kind. We will definitely stay here again. The cost was almost as low as much lower end motel but this place was like a sweet motel version of Doubletree

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife an I made a quik trip to Sacramento for a family wedding. Our sister-in-law made reservations at Larkspur Landing as it was near her home and would be convenient for us. Being from the mid-west we were not familiar with this small chain. We were pleasantly surprised and
thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning-not elaborate,
but filling. Two sports teams were staying at the hotel while were there but we heard no noise.
Excellent staff and facilities

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kagnew64
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for a few nights on business. I chose the hotel based on the reviews here, but either I was very unlucky, or they are getting some "insider" reviews.

I booked a studio, which I was told was spacious and had a queen bed. I am not sure of their definition of a queen, but the bed they had was not that. I could hardly fit in it, and I am no giant.

The room does come with a nice TV and has a DVD player in the room. It also has a very noisy fridge and nearly as noisy A/C.

the bathroom was not great either. The shower/ tub is small, and the curved shower curtain was so poor that more water ended up on the floor when I showered than in the tub.

I asked the front desk to have maintenance look at the issue along with the flickering light in the "kitchen", but they did not.

All the lights in the room are very dim. The lamp on the desk, which is meant to have 3 levels of brightness, had a bulb that only let out one level and that left my straining to see my notepad.

Basic items that you would expect form a hotel are missing, like a notepad and pen, or a guide to the hotel and the local restaurants etc.

I took a look at breakfast but thought better of it. Decided to just grab a hot beverage and go. However, the to-go cups were smaller than I had ever seen, so you could not get much to go.

Wifi was free but slow. You can pay more for faster if you want, but it hardly seemed worth it.

Noise from other guests was noticeable as well. Especially from the smoking area outside, which considering I was on the 4th floor, suggests that either people were being very loud or the windows are not noise insulated.

All in all, this hotel is terrible. The only thing going for it is location. There are a few decent places to eat within walking distance, and it is not far from the freeway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business