“Awesome Stay”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 February 2010

The price was right, the rooms were great and the staff was super friendly. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk person, which is always important to me. I was pleasantly suprised by how nice our room was. Will definitely stay again and recommend it to everyone. I do sort of wish they had another hotel like this in downtown sacramento, if it did this hotel would be by far the best one there!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 January 2010

The Larkspur Landing was a great deal and they offered a government rate. When I walked in my information was already printed and ready to go for check in The reception staff was friendly and efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Sacramento on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We are local people, but my husband was recovering from hip replacement surgery and we needed someplace with handicap accessible feature. We found that our room was just right. We stayed two weeks until his medical team cleared him to go home to our two story house.

The staff was outstanding and the facility very nice. I cooked our meals most of the time and the kitchen functioned very well. I loved the diswasher! I did need to ask for a sharp knife, but other than that it was well equiped.

The only thing I would change is that we had trouble keeping the bedroom at the right temperature. The airflow seemed undersized for the space. Running the fan all the time helped. Since we were there in the fall I would suggest that visitors in the summer need to get a room on the back side of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to South Lake Tahoe from San Francisco and picked Sacramento as it was halfway. We didn't know much about Sacramento or where to stay so we found this hotel by accident and my husband was sold on the free 24 hours Starbucks coffee!

Anyway, we got there about 9pm and the receptionist was really nice and helpful. The room was huge and had a kitchen area - we had booked a standard room so didn't expect a kitchen. Big flat screen LCD TV and very comfy bed. The Healthy Start breakfast was very nice as well and it was included in the price.

We would've happily stayed here for much longer and will definitely use the Larkspur Hotels again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

The Larkspur is an example of a great hotel that is also a value. Other hotels could learn a lesson from them. The staff is always extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the decor is lovely. They have good breakfast offerings too. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I really enjoyed the craftsman/mission decor, the welcoming apples and cookies, and the breakfast was quite good. Only recommendation would be some low-carb options - in either the yogurt or juices. My room was clean, quiet, & cool - just the way I like it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I stayed here on a business trip because my company has a corporate rate with Larkspur Landing; I had never heard of the hotel before, and so was a little bit skeptical of the place - but I didn't have much of a choice to stay here or not. However, I found that the Larkspur Landing was very nice; is a nice neighborhood, lots of trees around, lots of restaurants. The room was very spacious, full kitchen, large room. The people at the front desk were some of the nicest I have met in a hotel, both at check in and at check out.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business