“Wow, what a pleasant surprise”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Probably the best value I've had in a hotel in a long time. Very friendly and helpful staff. You can even barbecue. Only criticism is that the parking lot comes too close to the front. If they had a little lawn or garden in front it would be just perfect. Close to a little 9 hold golf course. I'm staying here again for SURE.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
btaormino, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

Dear Occasi0nalTraveller1, Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience. I’m pleased that we were able to WOW you! We look forwarded to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

I have stayed here before because it is very close to Sac State. Arrived with a reservation, clerk was helpful and check in was quick. The whole hotel is decorated in the mission style which is very nice. The room has a tiny kitchette with a desk adjacent to the kitchen and then a bed and a nice TV. Kinda of awkward arrangement. The kitchen cabinets looked very 1990 s- plain door with the wood trim that was so popular back then. The rest of the room was decorated nicely in mission style colors and furnishings. Bedroom had another bed in it which was king size, but it's really too large for the room. Kitchen floor had some kind of stain on the floor - looked like wine. Urine on base of toilet. The curtain rod was falling out of the wall and there was a tiny leak behind the toilet. Garbage picked up early in the morning woke me up. My bed was too soft, but the smaller bed in the living area was firmer and more comfortable. Wall AC was pretty load.

The room does include a free breakfast but it is pretty meager. Bread and bagels to toast, peanut butter, jelly, hard boiled eggs, cereal, miffins, milk, OJ and yogurt. Coffee is very good though. USA and Sac Bee newspaper were available. Fitness room is a treadmill and an elliptical, some free weights and a bench - cute but very very small.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
btaormino, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

Dear Travelinmom07,
Thank you for your feedback. I like the craftsman décor too. I find it to be very warm and inviting. I’m happy to hear that you found our service to be efficient though I am very sorry to hear of the areas where we fell short. We pride ourselves in providing a consistently clean and well maintained accommodation. Your feedback will be put to good use towards that end. Our complimentary Healthy Start breakfast includes fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal selections, breads, bagels, and pastries fresh from the bakery each morning, yogurts, juices, and more. I’m sorry to hear that this did not meet your expectations; I am glad you enjoyed the coffee! I’d be happy to personally show you some room type alternatives should you return, in an effort to find one that might better suit you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. I hope we’ll have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2010

Larkspur Landing on Howe near Fair Oaks is in a great spot -- near Arden Mall, Cal Expo, CSU Sacrmanto, the American River Bikeway, to name a few nearby places of interest. And, a simple, public 9-hole golf course next door, Campus Commons Golf Course. Larkspur Landing includes an extensive cold breakfast, coffee and tea in the lobby all day, and cookies in the evening. The room has a full kitchen, comfortable beds and a great desk with free wireless or cable internet access in your room. Small jacuzzi too. Very nice staff; reasonable room prices.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

This place was AWESOME!! It's like an Extended Stay but WAY better! The staff was polite, the rooms are clean & decorated nicely, the location is perfect (close to the freeway, restuarants, and shopping), and the rate is totally reasonable! They had awesome little perks like the free laundry room, warm cookies in the lobby in the evening, fresh start breakfast in the morning, free internet & DVD movies, and they even have a free service to take care of your grocery shopping for you and have it in your kitchen when you come back at the end of the day. I even saw a BBQ grill outside that I think you can use as well!

Everything was clean, taken care of, and modern. The bed was soooo comfy too.

I would have to say there were a few drawbacks (which were totally minor)
1. There was only one night stand so only person could put their drink, glasses, etc next to them in bed
2. The hallways & lobby temperature was very warm
3. Not all the TV stations came in (I didn't bother letting them know as we didn't spend that much time in the room, but if we had, it would have been annoying)

We are staying here every time we come to town and plan on being on that side of Sac. We are actually staying at the Roseville one in a month for a wedding as well. I will look for these hotels first when I'm staying somewhere! No more crappy Extended Stay hotels for me, if at all possible!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
btaormino, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I am pleased that our services exceeded your expectations. Upon your return, you might select a one bedroom suite, as the layout of that floor plan features the double nightstand arrangement that you mentioned. You are right; our guests are free to utilize our barbeque area any time. In fact, the shopping service that you pointed out and the barbeque area seem to go pretty well together! I’ve passed all of your notes along and I thank you for the opportunity to follow up. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I've stayed at the Larkspur over 7 times for work related activites, every time I went I had the best stay. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are huge and have full kitchens and large bathrooms. I love the pillow menu and the location is great! The staff always treated me like family even when my cooking alerted the fire alarms...twice. I have since moved out of the state but will stay at the Lark Spur if I'm ever in the Sacramento area again. Couldn't have had a better 7 experiences!

btaormino, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2010

Dear Kwsec5,

Thank you for your kind comments. I’ll be sure to share them with the entire team. I hope you’ll stop in and say hello if your travels return you to the area.

Reviewed 18 April 2010

Just spent 1 night here for business, never visited Sacramento before and this place was close to the airport, restaurants, shopping and the place I had to do business with. $85 total for a Friday night, room included breakfast in the morning, queen bed, flat screen 40 inch tv, free wifi or hard wired internet, full fridge, dishwasher, and two burner stove. The business center was nice with 2 computers and free printing but no copier, if you need to make copies just ask the front desk and they'll make you some free of charge. Would stay here again, they had no problem with the late check-out that I requested.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Recently, my younger sister traveled to Sacramento from PA and we both decided to room together in this Sacramento Hotel located very close to CSUS campus. We loved the atmosphere, we felt very welcome. The morning breakfast was very adequate to meet our needs.
The rooms we had(we booked a room before and after a trip to S. CA) were very comfortable, quiet, peaceful and large. The service was efficient. We had a full size refrigerator with icemaker, a stove, a kitchen, two rooms with a door separating us(I snore and use a sleep apnea machine.)
There were computers we could use for email in the lobby, warm cookies at night, a gym, a hot tub...
The staff was very responsive to every inquiry we had. The hotel is located within a 1 minute walk(same parking lot) of Fresh Choice Restaurant(use your 10% AAA discount there or a senior discount. There is also a Mels Diner with a more all American menu.
Both of us were impressed with this four story hotel in the heart of Sacramento. My bed and comforter with pillows was ever so comfortable.
It is not a huge hotel, but I felt very welcome, and very safe here.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family