“I checked in today around 1600 with my family and drove all...”

Super 8 Sacramento Airport
Ranked #60 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chico
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My car over heated near the Sacramento airport and had to be towed to a repair shop at about 2:30 in the morning. The tow truck driver dropped my sister and me off at the motel. The staff was very helpful and courteous. They trotted to minimize stress and offered late checkout without our having to ask. The clerk happened to see both my ASAP and ASAP cards and mentioned the available discounts. The room was fine and clean. The morning staff were just as courteous and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dhruv S, Manager at Super 8 Sacramento Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Super 8 Sacramento Airport. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the accommodations such as our continental breakfast, free wi-fi and our convenient airport location with shuttle. We hope you also took advantage of our easy access to freeways and location near downtown and Old Sacramento. We're happy to hear that our staff was friendly and courteous as we strive for customer service excellence. We are definitely looking forward to your next stay at Super 8 Sacramento Airport.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was thrilled when I entered my room. Room 222 was large, with a sitting area (sofa & coffee table) and mini kitchen (micro wave, fridge, sink, cupboards, but no dishes or utensils). Everything inside was clean and modern, other than the TV, which wasn't a flat screen, but worked fine. The layout was excellent, with drawers smartly built into cabinetry that also housed the a/c unit. There was a decent sized closet. The bathroom was very clean and roomy, and the towels were a little nicer than what you usually get in a "budget" motel. I didn't use it, but the motel offers 24 hour shuttle service to the nearby airport at a decent price. It's right next door to a Black Bear Diner, which isn't gourmet, but which has decent diner food in huge portions, as well as wine and beer. A morning continental breakfast is also included, but I didn't try it, because I had leftovers from the night before at Black Bear. The location is a 5-10 minute drive from the Dollar car rental office on Del Paso Road, which is separate from the rest of the car rental companies at main off-airport facility. The wi-fi was solid, although it worked better in areas near the elevator, at the center of the building. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly & helpful, and seemed extremely competent at her job. If you want more amenities, try the Fairfield next door, but if you want only a very good, clean, safe place to sleep near the Sacramento airport, this is it. My only negative comment is that the building is hard to see from El Centro Road. I didn't see any sign out by the road, and it's kind of hidden behind Black Bear Diner. That made it a bit hard to find, even with GPS.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to Black Bear Diner are farther away from potential noise from I-80. Room 222 had a qu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dhruv S, Manager at Super 8 Sacramento Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Super 8 Sacramento Airport. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We're glad you were aware of the accommodations such as our continental breakfast, free wi-fi and our convenient airport location with shuttle, even if you had no need of them. We hope you also took advantage of our easy access to freeways and location near downtown and Old Sacramento. We are definitely looking forward to your next stay at Super 8 Sacramento Airport.
Drummondville
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We appreciate the 24h shuttle to and from the airport. We goig at the hotel only for a small rest between 2 flights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dhruv S, Manager at Super 8 Sacramento Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Super 8 Sacramento Airport. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, however short it was. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the accommodations such as our continental breakfast and free wi-fi. We're sorry to hear you didn't have time to take advantage of our easy access to freeways and location near downtown and Old Sacramento. We are definitely looking forward to your next stay at Super 8 Sacramento Airport.
mo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not what we are used to so I took pictures to be fair! I booked a single queen thinking there would be more room boy was I wrong I think this used to be the closet. The sheets look clean although they would not stay on the bed because they were flat sheets the walls were dirty and in the hall all the doors are dirty my husband kept repeating " it's just for one night" air conditioning was nice and cold. We will not stay again. After reading reviews regarding charges for towels I took pictures when we got there and before we left in case there is a dispute.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Super 8 Sacramento Airport. We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Since our hotel is a little dated, we are gradually making changes and improvements. I'm sorry to hear your room was not spacious enough, and hope you will try out a queen suite at the same rate next time. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the accommodations such as our continental breakfast, free wi-fi and our convenient airport location with shuttle. We hope you also took advantage of our easy access to freeways and location near downtown and Old Sacramento. We hope you give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and are definitely looking forward to your next stay at Super 8 Sacramento Airport.