“Not what it used to be”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #287 of 2,070 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed 26 June 2011

To clarify, my star rating it is mostly based on value for quality of product. Have been here many times and it just wasn't up to par.

DH & I split an end cut prime rib (which is the only steak we'll order over medium rare), baked potato & sundae + drinks which was $109 before tip.

When I'm paying $54 for a piece of meat and $11 for a potato (insane, I know) they both better be the best I've ever had. NOT! Prime rib looked great but was pretty dry & chewy. Needed extra au jus just to make it palatable. Skin of the potato was actually burnt.

The reason for the 2 stars was the service, which was stellar, and the drinks/dessert. Great martini and wine. Sundae was prepared as requested.

Expected more from Mortons and I should have aired my concerns but was too tired to make an issue. Know the economy is hitting these places hard but if you're going to charge (and I'm going to pay) top dollar for a meal it should be worth the money and this experience wasn't. I'm kinda sad about it.

1  Thank Calgal79

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Just dropped in to Mortons for supper, we had the best supper experience that we have ever had......Greg our server was wonderful anf the meal was divine......I think that the garlic mashed potatoe was better than mine.....In all the years we have had of dining out this was the absolute best meal that I ever has served to me in a restaurant. Hats off to the member of this establishment!!!!!!

Reviewed 25 March 2011

One steak was so undercooked the middle was ice cold and still raw. I like mine rare to medium rare, but not raw. One of the sides was undercooked as well, and the other side lacked flavor. The raw steak was taken back and recooked. The waitstaff at first was very wonderful but after pointing out that the steak was still raw they disappeared, except for the nice gentleman who refilled our water glasses. Once the check came, we were no longer ignored.

2  Thank hismineours
Reviewed 1 November 2010

They had very good food with generous helpings
Be prepared to spend some money though
But they will make your experiance worth it

Reviewed 18 April 2010

We go to Morton once a year to celebrate a special occasion. I can honestly say, we will not be returning. The service was unacceptable.
Neal, our maitre d', started our evening acting as a jerk. We had reservation, arrival 15 minutes early, but it was like he was personally upset and not ready for our party of three. He made a few remarks that almost made me turn around and walk out. I am a customer, and should not be looked down upon by anyone working at a restaurant that I choose to spend my money at. I am not sure if he was happy to be at work or just not happy to see me. To tell you the truth, it was my first time meeting Neil, so I have no idea why he had this attitude about us.

One of our party members ordered a drink, but it never came. We asked about it, our server admitted that he had forgotten to place the ordered. It was refreshing that he told the truth and he just forgot, problem was corrected, no big deal. One thing that we did see, which made me laugh out loud, was that poor lobster they bring around to your table, was dropped on the floor. The poor lobster was rushed back into the kitchen.

As we eat our bread, the famous bread crumb sweeping that was done in the past, seem to have completely disappear. The employees in charge of filling our water glasses did a wonderful job; put at times spilled water on the table. I ordered the "Baked Five Onion Soup", which I would rate as a four on a scale of ten.

We all ordered different items, with the intentions of sharing. None of our sides were delivered to the right person. No problem, we can move the dishes around to the right person, hmmm a high class restaurant.

My wife ordered a Filet Mignon, Single Cut, medium. It was cooked medium rare. So I was going to ask Neil to return it to the kitchen for a little bit longer cooking time. My entire table looks at me as if I was crazy. They never wanted to see or hear from Neil again. Their wish was delivered, as Neil never came to our table to see if we were happy with our meal.

We ordered Prime Rib, Bone-In Double Cut, and salmon. Those dishes were outstanding. The sides were just that, sides, taste wise, nothing that wouldn't be able to find at Olive Garden.

I have no complaints about the prices, I know how much they charge and I find that acceptable.

I will not be returning back to Morton's until Neil, the maitre d' is no longer working there.

2  Thank Falcontalker