“The Steak is just right”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 2,049 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

When I'm going to a restaurant that offers such an expensive menu, I'm looking for everything to be perfect - a really unique experience, something that I couldn't get anywhere else, and no mistakes. Mortons Steakhouse offered this service, a Nice Steak, with the girl of my dreams. Make no mistake the restaurant is not for everyone and hopefully it stays that way.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

we toke a rib eye , fantastically cooked. Food was really great, but when the bill came in, we regretted our choice.
Over a 100 dollars for a steak with some vegetables and two glasses of wine is really too expensive.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

First class all the way! I try to go here at least 2 to 4 times per year; this place is awesome, the decor and ambiance are outstanding. The food and service are impeccable. My wife and I split the 24-ounce Porterhouse which was a great choice because we still took leftovers home afterwards. My steak was cooked to absolute perfection medium rare and the non-filet side was just as good as the filet side. They sear the meat beautifully and the salt/pepper/garlic powder seasoning tastes marvelous with the melty smooth meat and slightly crusted outside.

There are great appetizers, I had the braised scallops wrapped in bacon and my wife had the escargots; both totally superior. Great salads, get the Caesar with extra anchovies. My wife had the creamy blue cheese dressing iceberg salad; it was loaded with goodies and served with a dressing that can't be beat.

There are many other sides all served in huge portions, everything is just great.

Their wine list is very extensive but pricey, an average good bottle of wine is $70-$80. That's why we bring a bottle and pay the corkage.

I will continue to patronize this place for as long as possible, truly a superb restaurant!

This place is on the pricey side but it's a nice way to treat yourself every once in a while. I saw how another person said their steak was dry. I have never seen that or ever experienced nothing but top quality, tender and juicy meat. I have ordered the Filet Mignon both rare and medium and will never do that again. Medium rare is totally the way to go for Morton's steaks, so my recommendation is if you don't like your meat medium-rare, order something like pork chops or fish (sorry if I insulted anyone who can't put up with at least a little mooing).

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The Sacramento Morton's is smaller and although the food was good, it was not the caliber of the Portland Morton's. The steak was a bit dry and and the escargo was saltier than normal. The staff were very nice and the service was good. For the price, did not expect the Cajun ribeye to be dry.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I absolutely love the food and great service. This is my go to restaurant for special events in Sacramento. The steaks are beyond fabulous and always cooked to my perfection. The staff are all attentive without being overbearing and the GM greets us by name and comes around to check on us. I've been to every steakhouse in the greater Sacramento region and I always come back to Mortons. Sure they may be pricey but you absolutely get what you pay for. If you are looking for a nice upscale meal, you will love Mortons!