“Very disappointed on service...”
Review of River City Saloon

River City Saloon
Ranked #651 of 2,070 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: Sacramento's Last Old West Saloon. In 1861, River City Saloon was one of the original houses of ill repute owned by Johanna Heigle. Shortly after that it became Parker French’s Saloon. It was owned by Mr. Parker French who was a colorful Old Sacramento Newspaper man that wanted a fun place to go after work. Located in the Old Sacramento area. In the 1960's, Old Sacramento and the saloon had fallen to hard times as the area had become the worst skid row west of the Mississippi. In 2007, the saloon was remodeled to its original grandeur and renamed the River City Saloon. Besides feeling like you are back in time when visiting the saloon has great deli sandwiches and bar food and Sacramento's best Bloody Mary and still has 25 cent Sarsaparilla for the kids to belly up to the bar with you till 8 pm. After 8 pm it turns into a karaoke and live music hang out.
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I was excited to show my husband Old Sac. So, our first stop that afternoon was River City Saloon. My hubby wanted to try the "Best Bloody Mary". So, we go in, we notice a couple of guys taking a pic with the mannequin sitting at the end of the, female bartender standing around (11.09.13), a guy walking from the back, and a couple sitting at a table with a baby. I went into the bathroom while my husband sat at the bar. I asked him to order me a rum & coke. Came out of the bathroom my husband gets up from the barstool as I'm walking by the guy and the bartender. Apparently the time I spent in the bathroom the bartender never greeted my husband never mind asking for his order. Instead he had to endure a personal conversation they were having. We we're very disappointed. It's like we were ghosts. Sorry Doc Holliday tried to put some of my hard earned money into your establishment, but your bartender was not interested. Maybe next time...

2  Thank OMyLord

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Enjoyed several meals here. They have an interesting selection of brews and their dinner menu is surprising for a location like this. I think everyone will enjoy it.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Sandwiches are good - you can choose from their menu or have them custom made to fit your likes - comes with a bag of chips and a delicious basket of peanuts in the shell - you just throw the shells on the floor!
Friendly hosts but service was a bit slow - only one or two workers were in there when we went
They have a bar (of course) where you can sit as well.
Reasonably priced sandwiches
Just try it!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Love the history of the old place and that is was built in I believe, 1861. This is a dark old honky tonk in my book, but it was fun to stop for a drink in the day and get our picture with "Doc", the fake man who sits at the bar with his whiskey. Bartenders are friendly and nice!

1  Thank CampingKatie
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had lunch, but it was more the hole atmosphere - e.g. peanuts Shells on the floor, that the kids loved, and the man only wearing a barrel :)

1  Thank Strikkelund