“Good food, but pricey.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L St.
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The prices were a bit high for the food. The food is very good, but you can get a better value elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

An early dinner for four on a recent Saturday night was wonderful - a true pleasure in both the meal and the service. Each selection (we selected widely and shared a lot) was wonderful! We will be back!

1  Thank docyjk
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My feelings on Sapporo are slightly mixed, but if I buy one roll and get the second one for $1 (Mondays and Tuesdays only), I can't really help but leave feeling happy! (I'm such a deal monger.) Definitely a trendy spot with a good selection and pretty good quality sushi but the service leaves something to be desired. While we were seated immediately, it took a ridiculously long time to place our orders and GET our sushi (upwards of an hour). We also found the seating really awkward -- really low setback bench seats and high tables are not the best duo. All in all, average. If I weren't going on a Monday or Tuesday, I'd probably opt for another nearby sushi joint.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

This was an experiment - coming from Maine, we are not used to Japanese food. Also we weren't very hungry so just had appetizers and shared a main course. Miso clam chowder was nontraditional but excellent with whole tiny clams. Tempura was light and crispy, not greasy at all. Drinks were very good & generous sized. Service was attentive - we actually had two servers, one clearly an apprentice, both very helpful. The only reason I am not giving this restaurant a perfect five is the bathrooms, which were (unlike the rest of the place) industrial, badly lit, and not very clean.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

The rolls were fabulous and you can't beat the half price lunch deal.