“Great Hotel near UC Davis Medical Center”
Review of Hotel Med Park

Hotel Med Park
Ranked #42 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Med Park this weekend and found the experience highly satisfactory. We were given a fair price and the room we requested was reserved for us. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and offered fresh baked cookies. The room was spacious and clean, with all of the expected amenities. A continental breakfast is included and the coffee was the best I’ve had at a hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phyllis R
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Phyllis, we are very pleased to hear that you had a great experience staying with us and we wish nothing more than the same to anyone who we have the pleasure of meeting. We do offer fresh baked cookies in the afternoon-evening hours every day for our guest.

Thank you for your business and we would love to have you back next time you're in the Sacramento area.

Respectfully,

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at Hotel Med Park because we have a family member at the UC Davis Medical Center. The hotel is small and has a warm intimate atmosphere that is calming and friendly. The hospital is a short walk away, virtually across the street. While the hotel diesn't have a restaurant it does have a nice continental breakfast. The hospital's cafeteria across the street is reasonably priced and has remarkably good food. The location is in midtown Sacramento so it's close to everything and has easy freeway access. We will be staying there again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Mariannellewellyn, thank you much for your warm comment, we appreciate the time you took to review Hotel Med Park. We are indeed conveniently located less than a mile from I-80, US-50, and CA-99. In addition to the great cafeteria food located across the street at the hospital, we are within a 5 mile radius of over 50 great restaurants! Our staff is happy to recommend some of these great places based on your current cravings. Thank you for your business, see you soon.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I can't think of a single complaint. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Every member of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pretty basic but complete--good coffee. I was here for an interview at UC Davis which is literally right across the street so for me it was extremely convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hi PBadger, many thanks for your candid review. We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our spacious rooms. The coffee during our breakfast hours is Starbucks brewed, a great way to start your day! Next time you're in a town, and with some leisure hours to spend, our staff has some great recommendations on what to do in the area.

We appreciate your business and the time you took to review us, see you next time!

Guest Care Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Remarkably clean, friendly service, quiet. I was in town visiting Sacramento friends and wanted to stay somewhere near them, and this worked out well. One caveat, I happened to be there on a very quiet weekend, so the parking garage was relatively empty, but I can see how that would be a headache on a busy day. It's very tight.

Wifi is free and reliable, breakfast is good. Nice Bath & Bodyworks products too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Hotel Med S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

kac0351975, thank you for your warm comment. I am very proud of the service here and appreciate the time you took to acknowledge the staff. We hope the next time you are in town we will be your home away from home. Regarding parking, any traveler coming to a major downtown area has to adjust their parking approach as a part of the downtown experience. Hotel Med Park has great parking. There was no need to lap our block six times to find space, it is free, well-lit and covered! Guests can always park and pay at the UCDMC parking garage and have security shuttle them to the hotel complimentary if that is easier for them.

Thank you for your business.

Amanda L. Allison

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at Hotel Med park last week and it blew me away how clean and organized the place is. the rooms were beautiful and the beds so comfy. The staff was so friendly the woman checking me in was nice enough to personally check on our rooms and get us in there early. We used to stay at the Marriott Coourtyard and Hotel Med Park blew them out of the water hands down. I will be back next month

Room Tip: The balcony level is amazing
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Hi AlexTaylor29,

We are very appreciative of your positive feedback, and thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to accomodate you with an early check-in, and we're more than happy to work with you if you give us a call the morning of your check-in date so that we may have everything prepared for you if possible. We look forward to seeing you soon, let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hotel was not too bad, had beautiful rooms and furniture.

HOWEVER, IF YOU WANT TO PARK YOUR CAR BE SURE TO COME EARLY!
Checked in extremely late at night, had only one parking spot left in a corner surrounded by these weird structural columns! It was nearly impossible to get in without thinking I was going to scrape my car. (I already saw several paint scrapings from what looks like previous cars that have been scraped) *Keep in mind, I don't drive a huge car... I drive a small civic.

The night audit that checked us in was friendly... bothered him a few times for multiple things. :) So we thank him for his patience.

Had weird "vending machines" with not too many different choices.

Given we stayed there with my points, so didn't have too many problems. Just wish breakfast was better....

Room Tip: Either rent a small car, come early to park, or don't park at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Hotel Med Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hi Jennifer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value our guests feedback and are taking strides towards providing an improved breakfast selection. We hope you will get a chance to enjoy it next time you're in town!

Our goal is to provide an excellent stay to each and every single one of our guest, so we appreciate when we are given feedback when something is not above your expectations. There are alternative parking options that our staff can guide you to aside from our underground parking, such as nearby street parking or the parking garage located across the street from our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the decor in our rooms and that our staff was able to assist you with your needs. Let me know if we can be of assistance if you happen to visit the Sacramento area again!

Best,

Reviewed 13 June 2013

While many stay here when visiting with family or friends at the medical center, the hotel is so centrally located to downtown Sacramento, that it makes it worth finding. I felt as if I were staying in a boutique hotel for the most part. The room was spacious and spotless. Bathroom amenities were very good and included bath salts. There is an in-room refrigerator. Both the manager, Heather, and one of the principal desk personnel, Antonio, went above and beyond to help us with everything. I found the complimentary continental breakfast adequate, but that was about it. I did not eat the muffins, but did have a yoghurt and granola each day.The coffee was good every day but one. (Too weak on one occasion.) Internet is complementary, which remains one of my necessities. The only concern with this place is the parking lot which is tricky to get into and shows abundant evidence of scraped car paint all over the walls. I doubt this is an impossible issue to address, but we never had a problem finding a place to park elsewhere for free.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LAPlatinum

Dear LAPlatinum,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your time and your feedback. I'm glad that you were able to take full advantage of all the amenities we provide for you in our rooms and hotel. I have shared your positive feedback with our staff and they are very thankful for the individual acknowledgement! I do apologize about our tight parking, however, our staff is more than happy to guide you and all of our guest to appropriate places to where you may park.

We look forward to your next stay with us next time you happen to be in town, let us know if we can be of assistance with your future reservations!

Regards,