“good bang for your buck!”

Americas Best Value Inn Downtown
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 21 April 2014

comfortable , clean rooms!! microwave and refrigirator, too!! marble countertops, dish network on tv and great water pressure in shower! cant go wrong!! close to an awesome bbq/nightclub and a short walk to downtown!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 April 2014

There is nothing "fancy" about this place. It's nice enough, decent enough, for when you need a place to stay, and you are on a budget. No snack vending machine. The "continental" breakfast, is choice of toast, per-packaged danish, cold cereal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Definitely, there are some things left to be desired about this place. The lighting is stark, the carpet is dirty, smudges on the walls, etc. The "continental breakfast" looked so unappetizing that I just skipped it, and I'm usually a sucker for free food. This is no Holiday Inn.

But then you're not paying Holiday Inn prices either. In fact, with the Orbitz discount, I daresay it was downright cheap. And many of the nicer hotels don't have breakfast at all, unless you pay a price that makes the breakfast just as unappetizing.

If you ask yourself what you really need in a hotel, not what you would ideally want, this place has what you need. The bed itself is clean and soft. The temperature control works well. No noise. No creepy crawlies bit me at night. There is a refrigerator. Bathroom is clean, soap is provided and water pressure is good. Parking is free, and they even let me park all day on the day of check-out, which is a big deal because it was a workday and I had an all-day conference and meetings in the State Capitol. Finding parking that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is always a problem near the Capitol on a weekday.

Would I stay here if it wasn't the cheapest place around? Probably not. But for the price, it was well worth it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

At first I was against the idea of staying at a downtown hotel, but boy am I glad I stayed at this hotel. It really exceeded my expectations, starting with the most friendliest staff to the comfortable and clean rooms. The location was perfect everything is within a walking distance, this is a very safe hotel. Since the hotel is not far from the gym where most pro mma fighters train odds on that you'll meet some of them at the hotel, I met a couple of them from Switzerland at the lobby this afternoon. Overall I enjoyed staying at this hotel and definitely will be staying here whenever I am in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The place is a good value. Our sheets were dirty but they came and fixed the problem quickly. The staff can be overworked at night though. Our smoke detector kept beeping because the batteries needed to be changed and they were too busy to get to us. Overall it's a cheap place and reasonably close to downtown.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I have read the previous reviews and after staying in a few ABVIs decided to give but a try. We booked online and requested downstairs but were put on 2nd floor, the elevator is still out. Neither my husband or I are able to lug our luggage up stairs but they quickly changed it. The lobby at check in did smell of curry but that is their home and culture so was not offended in the least. We stayed in room 124 and it was gorgeous! The WiFi was very fast and the bed comfortable. We had to stay in a motel 6 the night before for the same price and it was terrible. They take AAA, AARP etc but don't list it on their site so be sure to keep that in mind when booking. It is away from the freeway but I enjoyed walking to the thrift stores close by and felt very safe. We also had no problem with the hot water. We would certainly stay here again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jimrob1436
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The owners (extended family) live behind the lobby, and the place reeks of curry. Industrial part of town, not a walking area. First room had no TV reception, no hot water (later I found it does, you must run the water for 20 minutes before it gets hot), and the WiFi flickered. When I checked in they were all friendly and happy- when I insisted on a new room the next day, they became angry. I stayed for a week. The second room was comfortable (although the TV had the same issues). Other than great coffee, the breakfast is a joke. I saw no cockroaches in a week. They did let me check in early, begrudgingly. No ice buckets- they gave me a used plastic bag to get ice from the lobby- there was a glass beer bottle in the ice- dangerous. If you need ABVI for points, etc., there's a far better ABVI 2 miles away by the river. Note: The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors are much more spacious than the rooms on the 1st floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo