“The staff is wonderful”

Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Mt. Pleasant, PA
“The staff is wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel with my special needs son many times this year because he has had appointments at UC Davis, and I always feel very welcome. The staff remembers me and always asks about my son, which means a lot to me. They go above and beyond to help. The restaurant has been under construction, but it hasn't disrupted things very much, except that there are a couple of parking spaces in the back that are taken up by dumpsters, but other than that you wouldn't know that anything is going on. The food is still available and the tables inside the lobby are never all taken. The guest rooms are always very clean and comfortable, and my personal favorite is the iPod dock on the alarm clocks. That frees up my iPhone charger so that I can use it for the iPad instead. There are large flat screen tvs in each room, and unlike a lot of places there is a wide variety of programming available. I come to the hotel each time knowing that everything will be just the way I need it to be for my son, and that is really important to me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Elizabeth G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for being a loyal guest at the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments regarding our clean rooms, our on site Bistro and our impressive front desk staff.
Our entire staff takes great pride in recognizing return guests and exceeding guests' expectations. I am very pleased with the level of service that you consistently receive when you stay here and I am happy to be able to share your comments with the staff.

Also, I am happy to tell you that the dumpsters are gone and all of the amenities that you love are still here!

Thank you again for being a loyal guest and for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to continue to provide you with the excellent service, that you have come to expect from us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Elizabeth Gunther

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I like this hotel because of its proximity to Sacramento City College and the music venue I will be performing at. Being a traveling musician, I live out of a suitcase and I really enjoy a hotel I can relax at and get some downtime. This hotel accomplishes all of this.l

It has a comfortable ambiance and the staff and workers are very helpful. The beds are extra comfortable and the parking is more than adequate. UC Davis Medical Facilities are located adjacent to the hotel as well as the Shriner's Children Hospital which makes it an excellent place for families of patients to stay.

I would definitely give this hotel two thumbs up and come back again.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room. The bed is what makes this hotel my favorite. If you want comfort and sle...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor!
Our goal is for our guests to checkout having had a positive experience.
So I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and that the staff was accommodating. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012 via mobile

We have family nearby and there are good places to get nourishment (Gunthers, Old Soul coffee), so it works for us. Don't know why these chains who seek budget conscious travelers don't to the free breakfast.

Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor! Please accept my sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction with our complimentary coffee. We are committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and anything less is simply unacceptable to us. I will be sharing your comments with our staff in order to make necessary improvements.

Thank you again for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for sharing your feedback! We look forward to being your "go-to hotel" in the Sacramento area.

Sarasota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed recently for a business trip and, while the staff is very professional and nice, the place is simply average. Unless you're staying there for convenience to business in the area, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a "5 Star" experience and find that guest feedback is our most valuable tool in helping us meet this goal. We would greatly appreciate your advice on how we can achieve our 5 Star goal in the future, if you can find some time in your busy schedule.

I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be professional and attentive. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you again for your time and for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

The hotel is very convienent to UC Davis surgery centers and hospitals. Rooms are clean, a bit dated, but comfortable. New linens and Tv's are nice. There is a cafe that sells slightly above average food and starbucks coffee. This is a nice to have. The hotel is within walking distance to good places to eat. A solid choice for busisness or stays for medical related purposes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Elizabeth G, Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
I am glad that your stay was both comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your positive experience here at the hotel. We hope that next time your in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Front Office Manager
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Very convenient to the hospital for a class I had to take, but not near much else. There was a small restaurant in the lobby, great food but quite pricy. $10 for a sandwich, $6 to $8 for breakfast unless you just got yogurt. The hotel market sold Lean Cuisines but they were $5 each. VERY slow service at the restaurant.
The room was okay, clean bathroom but furniture in room was older and musty smelling. Outdated furniture. Paid $149/night so was disappointed.
Ate some meals at the hospital cafeteria, Burger King was 4 blocks away.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! I am so glad that you were pleased with our location, our cleanliness of the rooms and our quality of the food that we serve in our Bistro. However, I was greatly distressed to read your comments about the slow service that you received while dining at our Bistro and for the overall appearance of the furniture in your room. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experiences.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. I often feel that guest feedback serves as an excellent staff training tool. Rest assured, I will be sharing your comments with our staff and taking corrective action.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for your valuable feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon! If there is anything that I may do to assist you on your next stay with us, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here for an interview at Davis nearby. Parking is free in the outside lot, though it may sometimes get very full and I'm not sure where else to park. There is parking in front and more out in the back.

Loved my room, even though it was on second floor. Two queen bedroom. One bed for me, another bed for my stuff. They left me with a total of ten soft pillows, eight bath towels, and four face towels. :) Comfy bed. Warm room. Only drawback is the heating is not digital and does not shut off when the room is warm enough.

Service was okay. In the morning there was just one person doing check out and I was in a hurry and had to wait forever.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business