“Reasonable, Clean, Comfortable, and a Free Shuttle”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Atlanta, Georgia
“Reasonable, Clean, Comfortable, and a Free Shuttle”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

When I made reservations to fly to the airport in Sacramento, California, I was surprised to learn that the rental car companies would already be closed for the evening; so I was very happy when I found an inexpensive hotel that would have a free shuttle to and from the airport. This hotel was exactly what I needed. It is a basic hotel, but it was very clean...the room was spacious....the bed was comfortable...and there was a nice breakfast in the morning which included scrambled eggs and bacon. When I arrived at the airport after midnight, I just called the hotel and within about 15 minutes, they arrived to pick me up. The next morning, the shuttle left the hotel for the airport every two hours beginning at 4:30AM. (Make sure that you get on the list when you check in so that you can be assured of a seat!). So I was able to get back to the airport and get on one of the buses which take travelers directly to the car rental facility at the airport.. If you are driving the hotel has easy access to the freeway and a pool for cooling off. As I said before, it is a basic hotel...but if you are looking for something that is reasonable, clean, comfortable, and convenient to the airport or the freeway, then the Quality Inn Natomas may be just the place for you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank teacherkh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I'm a frequent visitor! The rates are good. I like the quiet peaceful atmosphere there. My last visit was quite relaxing!

• Stayed July 2011
Arcata, California
Reviewed 27 June 2011

After a cancelled flight, our little rag-tag group of eight remaining passengers took a shuttle this hotel. At the hotel check-in, we were all feeling quite weary. I received my room number and key card and went on my way. Finding the room was tricky. I had to go outside, walk around the building, use the elevator, and then navigate my way through the outdoor pathways past half opened doors and guests smoking weed in front of their rooms. I felt relief when I found my room.

When I opened the door, my relief quickly turned to disgust. Where do I put my bags? The room was filthy. The first thing I noticed was the smell. It smelled like a wet ashtray. There was a cigarette burn in the comforter. Another one was in the chair, along with other various stains. The bathroom sink was decorated with a lovely blood stain. Honestly, BLOOD!

While looking for an outlet to charge my phone, I found a mecca of used Kleenex behind the nightstand. There was a chunk of the wall missing on one corner of the room. One of the lampshades was cracked. I called my sister. She advised reporting all this to TripAdvisor.com. Using my phone, I looked up the hotel. The site was rife with complaints of bedbugs. I was both terrified and disgusted.

After taking some pics with my phone, I decided to try to rest. I stripped the bed down to the fitted sheet, opting not to touch the pillows. After hooking up all of my electronics to the one visible outlet to recharge, I reclined crosswise on the bed. I rolled up a towel to use as a pillow, since I didn’t trust the actual pillows on the bed. I figured that the towels get washed more frequently. I didn’t turn the light off or even take off my shoes.

There was no seal around the door jamb, so passers-by could actually see into my room.

I read a book until 5 a.m. That’s when I went back to the “lobby.” The guy there let me in reluctantly to wait for the next shuttle to the airport. The staff was friendly, but everything else about the place was awful. Other reviews mentioned the pool area. It is still empty and cordoned off.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
JESSIE_TRAVEL, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for the room smell and cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay with us. If you could have mention this issue to us as soon as you entered in the room, we would have upgraded you to a different room. Some guest smoke in a non smoking room however its our priority to give out clean rooms to guest, and this is something we should have caught during inspecting the rooms.

Once again please accept my apologies and also thank you for letting us know about the issues you encountered during your stay. This will help us to improve our hotel for the future.

Kind Regards,
Raneeka Lal
(General Manager)
Clinton, Utah
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Oakland and had a great room so we decided to try the Quality Inn in Sacramento. Not quite as nice and there weren't as many breakfast choices but it was still a good deal for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I've seen many Quality Inns in the L.A. area. And now, that I was going to Sacramento decided to see how it was. I called to make reservations at the last minute and to my surprise every single question I had was answered and they had rooms available, which was very convenient. The front desk was very nice and polite over the phone, I really have no complaints with that. When I arrived I got a nice warm greeting with smiles. After working in retail so many years you expect to received the same great customer service you delivered. And believe me when I tell you a great customer service makes the DIFFERENCE in the business and this is what Quality Inn definetly had. The room, restrooms, and the Hotel overall was very clean. I had no interruptions at any time during the day. Throughout the five day stay I was there everything was great. I must say i am very impress with the Quality Inn Hotel and plan to stay here when I come visit Sacramento again,

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RNOHEMIA
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I used the airport shuttle both PM and AM, I did have to wait in the PM but not an issue for me, it was either on my laptop at the airport or on the laptop at the motel.

Front desk was helpful, room was warm, clean and quiet. Water was hot.

This is not an overpriced airport motel, even without the airport shuttle it could run in the $100 range in most cities. Other than the pool being closed, everything was top notch.

I’d likely stay here again even if I’m not using the shuttle.

(After I wrote the above I looked at the older reviews, the front desk was very plesant at check-in and the same for checkout, other than making us use the window instead of the lobby at 4 AM … but the pool area is still off limits as of April, 2011)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Gold Beach OR
Reviewed 16 December 2010

On Sept. 26, 2010 my husband & I spent the night at the Quality Inn-Natomas, Sacramento, CA. Upon arrival at the front desk we saw the words Quality Inn in gold lettering. However, the "a" was missing in the word Quality. No big deal but tacky. We then headed to our room and noticed that all the doors has paper with the words "no smoking" glued to the doors. On some doors the word "no" was torn off while others had the word "smoking" torn off -again tacky looking. The pool was under repair for how long I do not know and upon entering our room I noticed that there were 6 screws holding the blow dryer on the wall. However, the 4 top ones were pulled out and the dryer hung by the bottom 2. - very tacky. We have stayed at this motel in the past and never experienced the uncleanliness of the place. However, the worst was yet to come. Upon reaching our destination on Tues. evening I noticed 4 bright red bites on my hand and arm and dismissed them at first. However, by Wed morning I had 6 more on my body. The dr. confirmed they were bed bug bites. I emailed the Singhs & told them the problem & requested our night's stay refunded ($51.99). I was not asking for the dr bill ($130) to be paid nor for them to pay to replace the computer case ($50) I had to purchase as the other one sat on the floor of the room. They said no one else complained so they weren't going to refund the money. Since then I have written Mr. Steven Joyce twice (CEO Choice Hotels) & was told he had no authority to order a refund. I have emailed the Singhs 4 times all to no avail. Since someone else complained about the bed bugs I felt that travelers should be aware of the problem and also that the Singhs are very uncooperative with their patrons. Travelers beware!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank witness77
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
We appreciate your comments and do apologise for the inconvience caused.Sorry to here that you did not enjoy your stay, however, we would like to let you know that comments like yours gives us opportunity to correct ourseleves. we have contacted Pest Control company namely ecolab to take care of the situation and hope that you will give us another chance.