EconoLodge Sacramento North
  • Room Service
US$171
  • Breakfast included
US$87
All reviewstruck drivernight shiftbusiness stayshuttle servicerooms are nicehotel guestsgood nights sleepgreat customer serviceairport shuttlecontinental breakfastthe breakfast areafreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Thank God I only stayed here for one night!!! I came here with my church youth group for Acquire the Fire 2012. Since there were 28 people in our group, we had to have 4 people per room, which was 7 rooms in total. We raised money ourselves for the trip and hoped to get a decent hotel. I understand we couldn't afford a high-end hotel, so I guess we just ended up staying in this little shabby shack.
Originally, me and one friend had a room far away from the other people in our youth group. We switched with a family that came with our youth group from church, since we had to share our flat irons and clothes with our friends (they originally had a room with just them two), so we stayed with them to keep the number of people in rooms balanced again. We also switched rooms with that family because this hotel is in a semi-dangerous location (there was this guy [not giving out his ethnicity for a number of reasons] staring at me and my friend as we were switching rooms and trying to follow us. There were also some hookers and drug dealers across the street staring at us. The only positive thing about the location was the closeness of the fast food joints nearby; but even then, there were still some weird people there too.
I would also like to say the room was only OKAY. The shower squeaked a lot and the towels smelled like feet and felt scratchy. I had to carry my shoes around because I didn't want to walk on the smelly and sticky carpet. The bedspread had a sort of weird stain (couldn't make out what it was) so I had to take it off and wash my hands immediately. I only slept for about 4 hours (my average is 10) due to the constant noise of some people running through the halls and yelling across to friends. The next morning, my friends and I were getting dressed and doing our hair and makeup and some weird guy (again, not giving out his ethnicity) knocked on our door asking us for crack. This scared us so we locked the door and thankfully the curtains were already closed. About half hour later, I was done getting ready before my friends, so I thought I might as well get some breakfast downstairs. So I walked over to the lobby and there weren't very many choices for food. Instead, I just chilled with the other people from my youth group until we had to leave. At that time, we all walked over to McDonald's for breakfast.
My all around review? Meh... I give it about a 2 out of 5. Pretty crappy location with the exception of the fast food joints. Other than that, the rooms were pretty crappy when it . Me and my friend (in our original room before we switched) had a guest mattress bed or whatever the heck they call those and it was all full of crumbs and hair and it smelled like sweat. YUCK! I really have nothing much to say about this. But it's not a TERRIBLE place to stay, nor is it the best place to stay. But if there's nowhere else to stay or your other hotel is overbooked, then why the heck not? Go for it.

Room Tip: Make sure if you're going with a big group like I did, get rooms altogether on the same floor and the same building. This is the reason why I switched rooms with another family coming with us for the trip. Due to the danger of getting spied on by druggies.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank molly_medel
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for giving us a try. Our first priority is to make sure that all of our guests feel safe. We have security on site and I would have happily sent them to your room. Please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm sorry that you were awakened by other guests. Again, we're happy to quiet them for you so you can get some rest. Did you alert the front desk?

The conditions you described are not up to our standard, and I will certainly discuss this with housekeeping. Thank you for your honesty. Although it was disappointing to hear about this, not knowing would have been worse.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My family & I stayed there this weekend. We went for a softball tournaments. Pool was gross our coaches had to clean it out. The rooms were so dirty we went out & bought lysol wipe everything down. The breakfast gave everyone the runs. That's not even the worst part!! There drug deals & hookers that hang out outside!!!!!! Very scary place!! Think about it before they take your $$. I will NEVER stay there again. I wish I could have my money back!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

I am sorry to hear about this. We take all of the necessary measures to ensure that our guests are safe. I want to make this right for you. Please call me at (916) 927-7117 if you'd like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The room was unclean and the carpets were filthy and tattered(vacuumed but filthy non the less). The green bedspread had an old dried, stain that looked suspiciously like a bodily fluid. The bedding appeared lumpy and extremely uninviting. The bathroom looked wiped down instead of cleaned. The railings leading to the up stair rooms was filthy and had cobwebs. The trash basket had been used and for a non smoking room, it had an overwhelming smell of tobacco that reeked of some sort of air freshener, poorly masking the overall smell of the room. It gave me the creeps being in the room and after seeing the stain on the bedding, an overwhelming sense that something was crawling on my skin. Yuk!!The managerial response to our complaints were unprofessional and harsh. We were initially told that we could not have the charges reversed, even though we did not spend the night, because we had already checked in an hour before. After much drama and complaints of this writer still undergoing cancer treatments and another family member with asthma...threats of a lawsuit and proof that pictures had been taken, we were assured that the charges would be reversed. I have pictures, but are saving them for any legal action that may ensue if all of the charges are not reversed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank debiglynn
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us, as it allows me to address these issues. We take pride in maintaining a clean, welcoming hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room. However, we did offer you another room after you voiced your concerns. We have since reimbursed you for the incident, and this should clear within three business days. While I'm sorry that you were disappointed, we have taken all of the necessary steps to uphold our high standards, and we stand by them. I'm glad that we have reached a resolution and I hope that all is well with you and your family.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Good value for a clean room and decent breakfast.
What bumps it up to a 4 star is the cheerful helpful staff. While we were there, they were having trouble with some new key cards so we had to deal with the staff a few times. What could have been an annoyance was no trouble at all thanks to the friendly fast response from the staff.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, so get the 3rd floor for quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeandlindaSeattle
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Those key cards can give us trouble every now and then! Thanks for your patience. I'm glad we could get everything taken care of, and make you feel so welcome. Thanks for the wonderful review. We hope to see you next time you're in Sacramento!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Good value. The staff is very nice and helpful. This is my home away from home, I stay there ones a month.
Thanks for always welcoming me

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kbrads333
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thanks for writing such a lovely review. We're proud to be your home-away-from-home, so don't hesitate to ask if there's anything we can do to make your stay that much better! We'll see you soon.

Regards,