“Pleasantly surprised”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Frankly, I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. I never count on getting any sleep in a motel - rooms are noisy, beds and pillows are awful. But that wasn't the case here. I asked for and got a quiet room, away from the freeway (location is freeway-easy, by the way) and the bed was comfortable and so were the pillows! An economy hotel pillow usually feels like a phone book with a slipcase on it. I slept like a baby. Even the shower was good, and the room heater was efficient. But wait - there's more. There was protein at the breakfast bar! The usual carbs, sure, but there were also sausages and they were tasty. There's an IHop nearby as well as McDonald's and Carl's Jr. Staff was very nice. Area seemed plenty safe enough. I would do it again.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor, away from the freeway (and other guests, if not too full) will be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcia W
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

January 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great endorsement. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us. It’s always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We’d be happy to have you back next time you're in Sacramento!

Raneeka Lal
Quality Inn Natomas- Sacramento

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Nothing wrong at all, I would say that for the price, you don't get much besides a free newspaper and I have stayed in many "Econo lodges" that were nicer for 20% cheeper.

There is a nice elevator close by.

The neighborhood is not one of Sacramento's best, but it is good for business and there are many places to eat close by and the Arden fair mall isn't too far away.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The purpose of my reservation was because my daughters flight out of Sacramento was at 4 A.M. the next morning. We live in Sonora, CA. She was flying back to be with her husband at Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen, Tx. I was forced to cancel my resertvation at the last minute (after the 24hr period allowed by the hotel). Not knowing what to expect, I called the hotel and spoke with Misty. She reminded me that their policy was a 24 hour notice for cancellations. I explained the situation and assured her that nothing could be done as the change was unexpected. She said that she would have to check with her manager Raneeka Lal. Within 10 minutes I got a call from Misty saying that they would cancel my reservation without a charge. I highly recommend this hotel for their courteous staff and management. THANKS again to Misty and Raneeka!! Made a positive of a bad situation :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Very handy for the freeway (we were on the way to Tahoe). This motel is perfectly fine for an on route stopover. We found the receptionist polite and helpful. Rooms are clean, but nothing special, however it is very reasonably priced. Didn't find any of the problems others have described. Includes free wi-fi and basic breakfast. This is akin to Travelodge accommodation in the UK. It did have a pool too, but I wouldn't bother! Can't see why you would stay for a prolonged period, because it is not a holiday hotel. If you need to put your head down for a night, this place will be fine, unless money is no object and then you should stay at a 5 star hotel somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

We're happy to offer a restful retreat to fellow travelers. From our yummy breakfasts to the convenience of Wi-Fi, it sounds like you had everything you needed as you made your way to Tahoe! However, I'm a bit curious about your rating — would you mind sharing what brought it down? Your feedback is invaluable as we continue to improve for our guests, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to talk! Until then, thank you for the kind words. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in town.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

The room was decent, clean, bed was comfortable. Room had NO natural light at all and two of the lights switches did not work properly.

But the worst part was the parking lot took me 20 minutes to clean the sticky nasty crud off my shoes from the parking lot and then went I left had to spend 20+ bucks to get all the crud out of my floor mats... and it was not just in one place in the parking lot but over a good portion of it...

Breakfast was standard but acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank HisAlways

While we're happy to offer you a comfortable room, I'm sorry that our parking lot left you with such a poor impression. I am unsure what caused the substance you described, but I will be sure to discuss it with the rest of my team. I apologize for the frustration it has caused. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hope you'll give us another chance to impress you during your next stay in Sacramento.

Best,

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Was a little reluctant to stay due to poor reviews. Wanted to judge for myself and just needed an overnighter. Close to fast food and next to IHOP. Continental breakfast juice waffles,bagels, coffee. First stay we came in late and were put on second floor or opposite side of elevator; inconvenient when carrying luggage. Room clean and comfortable bed. Second stay we again were placed on third floor opposite side from elevator. As soon as we walked into room, it smelled like smoke in non-smoking room. We called and were placed in room next door 302. While showering I noticed a used washcloth in shower and used bar of soap and bits of hair in tub. We called front desk. So they moved us to 303. After checking it we moved our bags once more. Front desk was very apologetic and said they don't know who's using the rooms. Probably won't be back but price is right if you're on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask to be near elevator if have kids or luggage
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hula22
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us. While I'm glad that you were so impressed with our breakfast and location, I'm sorry about the initial difficulty with your room. Our cleaning staff is meticulous, so this is quite unusual for us. Still, I'll be sure to address your comments. However, it's good to hear that we were able to find a room that worked for you. Thank you for reviewing us. We hope to see you next time you're in Sacramento.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed here a couple times and each time it has been a great experience, and for the price - excellent. Misty at the front desk and the nice lady who is the manager are the best and great service is worth a lot more than you pay for the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JKSUSA
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

We're glad we could make you feel at home! Misty really is a delight to work with. I'll let her know that you were so impressed with her service. I know she'll be happy to hear it! Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure we'll see you next time you're in Sacramento!