“Completely unexpected”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
“Completely unexpected”
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

I spent two days in Sacramento and got a room here. The price was good, but I was expecting a room that I would get at motel 6. I was surprised when I walked in my room and saw that the room was updated with a flat screen tv, a desk, a fridge and a sitting area. It was very cozy and the staff was very nice and accommodating. They also had a hit continental breakfast which is nice compared to muffins and bagels, I would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank msalaber01
Stephanie D, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
On behalf on the entire team here at the Quality Inn Sacramento North (Natomas), thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your comments you have written. We are glad you were satisfied with our breakfast as well as our newest updates to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again when you are traveling to Sacramento.

Best Regards
Stephanie Douglas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Although the motel is in a nice area, the room & service sucks. The girl @ the front desk is rude & the room is not even clean. I asked for a fridge prior to my stay & now they want to charge me. This place has lost my company's services.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Reydo
Thank you for your business, in addition to sharing some good details about your stay. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, therefore, your mention of less than desirable cleanliness and service garners immediate action from our management team. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, we truly hope we have not lost your companies services. If there is anything that I can do please contact me via phone at 916-927-7117.

Best Regards

Stephanie Douglas
Quality Inn Sacramento North (Natomas)
Vista, California, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Frankly, I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. I never count on getting any sleep in a motel - rooms are noisy, beds and pillows are awful. But that wasn't the case here. I asked for and got a quiet room, away from the freeway (location is freeway-easy, by the way) and the bed was comfortable and so were the pillows! An economy hotel pillow usually feels like a phone book with a slipcase on it. I slept like a baby. Even the shower was good, and the room heater was efficient. But wait - there's more. There was protein at the breakfast bar! The usual carbs, sure, but there were also sausages and they were tasty. There's an IHop nearby as well as McDonald's and Carl's Jr. Staff was very nice. Area seemed plenty safe enough. I would do it again.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor, away from the freeway (and other guests, if not too full) will be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcia W
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
January 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great endorsement. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us. It’s always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We’d be happy to have you back next time you're in Sacramento!

Raneeka Lal
Quality Inn Natomas- Sacramento
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Nothing wrong at all, I would say that for the price, you don't get much besides a free newspaper and I have stayed in many "Econo lodges" that were nicer for 20% cheeper.

There is a nice elevator close by.

The neighborhood is not one of Sacramento's best, but it is good for business and there are many places to eat close by and the Arden fair mall isn't too far away.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sonora, California
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The purpose of my reservation was because my daughters flight out of Sacramento was at 4 A.M. the next morning. We live in Sonora, CA. She was flying back to be with her husband at Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen, Tx. I was forced to cancel my resertvation at the last minute (after the 24hr period allowed by the hotel). Not knowing what to expect, I called the hotel and spoke with Misty. She reminded me that their policy was a 24 hour notice for cancellations. I explained the situation and assured her that nothing could be done as the change was unexpected. She said that she would have to check with her manager Raneeka Lal. Within 10 minutes I got a call from Misty saying that they would cancel my reservation without a charge. I highly recommend this hotel for their courteous staff and management. THANKS again to Misty and Raneeka!! Made a positive of a bad situation :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura K
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Very handy for the freeway (we were on the way to Tahoe). This motel is perfectly fine for an on route stopover. We found the receptionist polite and helpful. Rooms are clean, but nothing special, however it is very reasonably priced. Didn't find any of the problems others have described. Includes free wi-fi and basic breakfast. This is akin to Travelodge accommodation in the UK. It did have a pool too, but I wouldn't bother! Can't see why you would stay for a prolonged period, because it is not a holiday hotel. If you need to put your head down for a night, this place will be fine, unless money is no object and then you should stay at a 5 star hotel somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
We're happy to offer a restful retreat to fellow travelers. From our yummy breakfasts to the convenience of Wi-Fi, it sounds like you had everything you needed as you made your way to Tahoe! However, I'm a bit curious about your rating — would you mind sharing what brought it down? Your feedback is invaluable as we continue to improve for our guests, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to talk! Until then, thank you for the kind words. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in town.

Regards,
Raneeka, General Manager
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The room was decent, clean, bed was comfortable. Room had NO natural light at all and two of the lights switches did not work properly.

But the worst part was the parking lot took me 20 minutes to clean the sticky nasty crud off my shoes from the parking lot and then went I left had to spend 20+ bucks to get all the crud out of my floor mats... and it was not just in one place in the parking lot but over a good portion of it...

Breakfast was standard but acceptable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HisAlways
While we're happy to offer you a comfortable room, I'm sorry that our parking lot left you with such a poor impression. I am unsure what caused the substance you described, but I will be sure to discuss it with the rest of my team. I apologize for the frustration it has caused. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hope you'll give us another chance to impress you during your next stay in Sacramento.

Best,