“"low rent lodging"”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Literally needed a place for the night, with little time in the room...thankfully. I stay often in Choice Hotel properties and this place ranks at the bottom. Old property, old furniture, old bathroom, old carpet and really in need of updates. The front desk employee was barely civil and should be removed from her job. Was close to freeway, and fast food. Only ice available was on 3rd floor. The room was clean and provided the bare necessities. The bathtub area needed replastered, painted and refurbished. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Vicki,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have discussed the issues you have mentioned with the management to imply remodeling to the rooms and also counseled the front desk of her customer service performance. Your feedback & satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the staff was friendly. But had I known that none of the exterior doors on the hotel have locks on them, and than anyone can walk off the street and into the hallways at any time of the day or night, I wouldn't have stayed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.
Also, when I came back from dinner (about 6:45), the front of the hotel was completely dark. When I suggested to the front desk that the lights might need to get turned on, she said the outside lights don't come on until 7:30- not cool in November. Breakfast beverages were watered down and bakery items were not fresh. My advice would be to stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Ms. Chrism,
On behalf of the entire staff here at Quality Inn Hotel Sacramento North we apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I truly appreciate your feedback and will be discussing the issues you mentioned regarding the timing of the outside lights and breakfast issues with the staff. Concerns of our guests are taken very seriously and we want to make sure that these types of issues are taken care of promptly. We are extremely happy that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of our rooms as well as the performance of our staff.
Again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Parking right in front. Gracious hostess Raneeka! Easy check-in and out. Near airport; Good shuttle services. A little old, but OK. WiFi just fair. TV service just OK. Nearby fast foods. You can stay at the Hilton or Hampton for $200 or here for less than half that. Some people are not courteous to others travelers when closing their doors.
We have stayed here before and found it to be a smart way to save money while traveling. I hope this info is helpful to you.
Remember to ALWAYS use hand sanitizer on remotes!!
Please mark it so if it was. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rm. #111 is good. Ask for a king-size bed and ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was a trip where we had mtgs in the conference room at this hotel. Check in was quick and easy. We got the rooms for a great price so expectations weren't extremely high so we were surprised that it was a decent place. We have stayed in other Quality Inns and this was by far the best for this chain.

We had a king room. The bed was pretty comfy with 4 pillows which were pretty good. Nice flat screen tv. The vanity and sink are separate from the bath, which I like. There is a small microwave and fridge. I especially liked the corner desk to sit and work at. Overall it was clean and good for us.

The breakfast area is an after-thought to keep up with the competition so it's quite small and cramped. Good waffles, hard-boiled eggs and link sausage. Everything was pretty generic but clean.

The pool area was clean but nothing more than a pool with seating areas. Nothing fancy. The conference room was okay but they didn't clean the trash out until we asked.

Room Tip: There is an IHop and several fast food places right next door. Right off of the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. Great rooms. Good service. Lots of extras. Pool was nice. Close to restaurants. Shuttle seevice great. Internet wi fi not real good. Need eggs at breakfast. Cable tv good. Shower water pressure weak. Need a laundry facility.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I travel all over the u.s. and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room and the service I received for the price. (Which was quite fair for California where I usually taken for a ride) I would definitely stay here again! EXCELLENT VALUE!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we appreciate and value your feedback. Your survey response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This one was Ok in most ways but there is the telltale signs of decay and deferred maintenance. Sacramento has been hit hard by the downturn and many of the places in this neighborhood have suffered. I would not rule this one out. The room quality was ok but there are signs of wear. It was clean enough and we slept fairly well. There was an IHOP nearby for breakfast. I would go back...

Room Tip: Look at the room first.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james K

Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize and thank you for taking the economy issues in to consideration. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.