“Clean Room, Comfortable Bed”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed on the third floor in a king bed, non-smoking room. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The towels were a bit dingy and of lower quality. The Internet was on the slower side. Overall, nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honestrealreviews
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide so when I seen your feedback regarding the quality of the towels and internet speed I was disappointed. Please accept my sincere apology I will be sure to mention to management the purchasing of new towels in the future.
Thank you again, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

beds suck. kind of like hotels rented by the hour.i live in hotels due to buisiness all year ac is very noisy. smoking rooms on third floor so guess what i hear them walking above me. walls very thin and hard to sleep with all the noise. misty was very nice!! i would never want to star here again.

Room Tip: dont stay here period. best western off richards blvd is the best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you Sir for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your feedback and have addressed the issues you mention, regarding a/c with my maintenance . Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show your remarks were used constructively

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We made our reservations over the phone and spoke with Theng. She was VERY professional. We booked for two adults and requested two beds on the first floor. The check in was efficient and Theng, once again, was excellent. As soon as we walked into the room it smelled soooo good. I mean, clean!
I am known to take a flashlight and look under the bed and lift the mattress and check for rubbish as soon as I enter the room, and when I did just that here I found nothing but spotless areas!

The free breakfast was good as well. Good simple food with a sufficient variety.
They also had a lightning-fast computer for use in the lobby!!!

Understand this, everyone. You don't need a stay in an expensive hotel to be comfortable. You also don't need fancy amenities and gourmet food to enjoy a stay. What should be MOST important is cleanliness, organization, and professionalism. the Quality Inn Sacramento NORTH absolutely epitomizes these attributes. Will stay again for sure when I travel through Sacramento!!! Thank you guys, you have a new customer!!

Room Tip: To hell with fancy and expensive hotels. If you want a CLEAN room stay here, people. Look UNDER the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback!.

I have shared your comments with my entire staff, and It brings smiles to each and every one of our faces to hear of your satisfaction. They join me in thanking you for your kind words. Also, Ill be sure to let Theng know that you were highly impressed with her customer service. I know she will be thrilled to hear that she is doing an exceptional job. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recognition.

We are looking forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Room was comfortable and clean, but there is a very noisy road close to the hotel, so hard to sleep. Suggest ear plugs for light sleepers. Really good food across the car park and the friendly helpful staff more than compensate for the noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wiggle59

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to sleep due to outside noise. However we are glad that you were highly impressed with our customer service.. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recognition.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Got in very late after a day of travel and needing a place to sleep. It was nice to be greeted with very friendly and helpful hotel clerks. When we entered the room the first thing to greet us was a big stain on the carpet and a strong deodorizing scent..not too pleasant. The bathrooms and bed however were very clean so I felt ok to sleep there. Breakfast in the morning was quite nice and we much appreciated it from some other hotels we have stayed in. It is clear that this place needs to be deep cleaned or renovated on the carpet, curtains and furniture side. Otherwise quite acceptable and good price for the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Monique,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your stay with us. Feedback from our guest is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and great stays for our guest such as yourself. It brings a smile to our faces that you were highly satisfied with our exceptional customer service,accomodation capability & complimentary breakfast to start your day. Though, I did notice within your feedback some dissapointing infomation that there was a stain on the carpet and the room deodorizer smell was quiet strong. I have discussed these issues with my housekeeping staff to prevent these types of issues from occuring again by limiting the amount of room freshner being used, As well as to notify front desk of any room that needs attention from our shampooing staff.

Thank you so much for your business. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with another pleasurable stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

QUICK REVIEW
Overall-
I was very pleased with the area, the hotel had some moderate issues. Although there were many pleasant aspects it all boils down to one thing, customer service. When I brought these issues to their attention they were very unhelpful and seemed to care less about making it right. The only way I would stay at this hotel again would be if I was on a tight budget. I feel that the property right behind this property would be a few dollars more with a better outcome. With some minor upgrades and training this property will increase in score.

DETAILED REVIEW
First Appearance-
The hotel is in a nice area and in a very convenient location. Very close to the freeway and many good restaurants. The parking lot is dirty and doesn't have the spark that this hotel should, however it has plenty of lighting at night and seems like a secure lot. The check in carport area is small, it fits two cars one spot is taken by the shuttle. Overall the first appearance is rated about a 2 ½ of 5.

Check In-
As I walked in I felt a helpful and welcoming atmosphere. Something I look for in customer service is when someone is busy helping other customers and they take a quick moment to acknowledge the waiting customer and say we will be right with you, I did receive that from the desk agent. The check in process took longer than it should have, they were having problems with their equipment and they began to become inattentive as if they had other things on their mind. The customer should be number one even if having problems. Overall the check in process is rated about a 3 of 5.

Outer Facility-
Besides some small maintenance issue suck as dirty floors and walls the overall rating is a 4 of 5.

Room-
The rooms were clean and comfortable, the decor needs some updates and be matched together. There were some issues that I came across on my initial inspection. There was an ink or oil type of stain on the curtain, toothpaste on the shower curtain, high ledge such as the top of the frames and mirrors needed to be dusted, the light bulb in the desk lamp was missing, and the pillows had some type of bodily fluid (sweat or saliva)on them. The fridge, microwave, sheets, and other furniture were great. Overall the initial room cleanliness is rated at 3 of 5.

Service-
I called the front desk three times the first was to replace the pillows, the second was for the WI-FI access code, and the third was for a wake up call. When I called for more pillows the response I got was less than pleasant, the desk agent was very helpful but all she could do is check to see if there were extras. Then hotel should carry extras and should advise the customer that they will be right up instead of I will check. After that all the calls were great. While checking out I brought my issues to their attention and they wrote this issues down and offered no further assistance. Customers should be happy when leaving so they will come back rather than finding a new hotel either with a small discount or a percentage of an additional stay. Overall service is rated at 1 ½ of 5.

Food-
Choice hotels has a program in which they deliver food from local restaurants to your room, there is a 15% fee for using the service but if you want something other than pizza its a good resource. The morning breakfast was standard however the eggs were missing. The other food was great. Overall food rating is 3 of 5.

Check Out-
As mentioned above there was an issue when I brought the issues to their attention. Other than that check out was quick. Overall check out rating is 0 of 5.

Other-
I did notice that the sign at the front desk mentioned a fee to utilize the shuttle to go to the airport but in their room it stated complimentary. I do not use shuttles but I though this information would be valuable to future guests.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor if you are going to stay so there is no one above you. Also try to book any hot...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RChavez2014
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Mr. Chavez

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on March 21st, 2014 at our hotel. I have discussed your comments with my Front desk, Housekeeping and Miantenance staff,and corrective action is being taken to address the deficiencies that you noted in your comments.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer to our guest.
We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.
Sincerely

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Literally needed a place for the night, with little time in the room...thankfully. I stay often in Choice Hotel properties and this place ranks at the bottom. Old property, old furniture, old bathroom, old carpet and really in need of updates. The front desk employee was barely civil and should be removed from her job. Was close to freeway, and fast food. Only ice available was on 3rd floor. The room was clean and provided the bare necessities. The bathtub area needed replastered, painted and refurbished. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Vicki,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have discussed the issues you have mentioned with the management to imply remodeling to the rooms and also counseled the front desk of her customer service performance. Your feedback & satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.