“Very Accommodating”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Great location for business. Centrally located and within walking distance to downtown attractions and restaurants. The staff was very courteous, excellent service and Kyle, Reggie, and Paul, the valets, provide great driving directions. Better than GPS! Nice business center but free WiFi in the rooms would compliment the rest of the top notch service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Let me begin by saying I primarily stay at Starwood hotels because my fiancé is a platinum member. We've stayed at Starwood hotels all the way from Maui to Paris, and have only had great experiences and encountered lovely staff. I have never had such horrible service than what I experienced at my hometown Starwood, the Sheraton Grand. Go figure.

I booked four rooms for a bachelorette party on Sept. 1st, so us girls could go out downtown and spend the night nearby, and we were gathered in one room so I could open gifts before we hit the town.

At 9:00 pm, someone started banging loudly on our door. A man named Drew Miller was at the door. I went outside and he got very close to my face and eyes glaring, chest puffed out, finger pointing, he yelled that we had to "get out of the room now or be evicted." From the moment he banged on the door, he was agressive and confrontational and acted like one of those young high school guys who go out looking for a fight.

My mother (yes, my 62 year old mother was there, and half of us girls were attorneys and the other half mothers, so we were not your typical "party crowd") came to the hallway and told Drew that he had no reason to be so rude, and that it was very bad policy to come to a guest room banging on the door and threatening eviction. Drew responded by threatening to call the police on my 62 year old, 5 foot 2 inches tall mother. Yes, he literally said he would call the police on my mother.

I tried to explain our situation and we didn't know we were being loud because it was still only 9:00 pm, and that we were on our way out. He got about two inches away from my face, did not acknowledge anything I said, and kept repeating his threatening words and agressive behavior.

I felt verbally abused. I am a 5"6 125 lb woman; I am not threatening to anyone, so why was there the need to get inches from my face and threaten me, why the aggressive, confrontational behavior?

I felt it was precisely because I was a woman that he attacked me like that, because if I was a man, there is not a chance in hell Drew would have gotten in my face like that. I have never in my life been so disrespected by anyone, let alone hotel staff.

I still love other Starwood hotels, but I will never stay at that Sheraton or any other Sheraton again. I have never been treated so poorly in my life, and I am still bothered by how disrespected I was.

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Euniekim
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Great place to stay if you're going to the Convention Center. Its about a 20-30 minute walk from the Old Town which will get you accosted by the homeless about 5 times during that walk.

Right round the corner is an IMAX theater and there's many place to eat and drink within walking of the hotel.

Internet access was free in the lobby area, but poor. Access from the room was overly expensive. I walked over to the convention center to get free access (2-3 min walk) or a nearby Starbucks.

Complimentary water in the room was a nice touch. There was a a $5 coupon incentive to not have the bed made each day (including no towel changes) that could be used against other hotel services. I used four of them to pay for breakfast on the last day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed at the Grand for six nights while attending classes at USC/Sac State. Lovely restored setting in old public market, and a perfect "home away from home." Desk staff was very accommodating; housekeeping kept my room in perfect order. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Request upper floor for great views of State Capitol and downtown.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear MissD-Mi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your long stay with us and you found it comforting enough to be your home away from home!

Best,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

It was amazing! We thouroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was beautiful and was in the middle of downtown. So many places to eat and so close to a lot of the turist attractions. Scott Brown was our valet guy and he was awesome. Super helpful and real nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Angel L,

Thank you very much for your kind words! We will pass this along to Scott! Hopefully, we'll have you back again with us soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Excellent, friendly, prompt valet parking staff (thanks Darren and coworkers) with reasonable rate really made my stay work for me! They were great. Front desk folks were very friendly and efficient, covering the desk as well as the customer service desk,and helping me out with storing luggage during my final day at a conference. My 11th floor room was quiet and well equipped. I appreciated the complimentary water.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Barbara C,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are so glad to hear you had a nice stay! We will let the valet and front desk staff know you appreciated their friendliness and assistance. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I had many repeated stays here due to business, and absolutely enjoyed the experience.
Its terrifyingly true that some weeks I'd return the hotel after a weekend away and think "its good to be back" as though I'm coming back home.

The staff here was fantastic. The valet were very friendly, no matter how early or late I arrived they welcomed me happily, thanks Jenny, Andrew, Drew! The front desk staff also fun to chat with, despite always having to ask them for requests here and there, probably being a difficult customer. Thanks Jennifer, Rochelle, Ashley! The management made reservations very easy. Especially important since I had so many bookings. Thanks Lisa and Chavonne!

I wish I could write more in 200 word limit.
Definitely a great place to be if you're ever in Sacramento.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear SandeepCPatel,

We are always happy to have you with us and we are so glad you think of us as your home away from home! We will certainly pass your praise onto Jenny, Andrew, Drew, Jennifer, Rochelle, Ashley, Lisa, and Chavonne! It's wonderful to hear so many people have made your Sheraton experience wonderful! We hope to welcome you abck again and again!

Best,