“Great Customer Service meets Comfort and Convenience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Sparks, Nevada
“Great Customer Service meets Comfort and Convenience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Stayed here last weekend at a convention which was just a few yards from the hotel. The staff (including the restaurant staff) were so attentive and kind. Recently, I stayed at a Marriott (not as nice as the Sheraton) and the Marriott staff were the exact opposite- "uppity" and inattentive. At the Sheraton, I felt welcome and comfortable. The room was amazing- clean and well decorated: leather covering on the walls- very rich.
Thanks Sheraton for making my stay so inviting!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed here one night for business and really enjoyed it. The room had everything I needed for a business trip and was very clean. Check in was a little slow and it was a bit on the expensive side, but overall it was very convenient.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I'm a frequent business traveler and was quite impressed with the service I received at the valet today. Scott was courteous, called me by my name and helped with directions. It is refreshing to see employees do their job well and take pride in what they do! Thanks Scott.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Tons of choices in Sacramento, use this hotel for all of your downtown and Sacramento/West Sacramento needs.
Best in class service from the staff, from valet to lounge to club level. Ashley and Chris at the front desk were professional and quite gracious, qualities tough to find in people these days. The location in Sacramento made it simple to walk to dining ranging from casual to fine, and the employees directions were flawless. For a downtown city hotel, this ranks among the best in any from NYC to San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
oakland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Priceline surprised me by upgrading my request by putting me into the Sheraton Grand in downtown Sacramento. 73.00 was my bid, and I was even able to check in at 9:30 in the morning, a very nice perk for this traveler.
In case you take Amtrak to the city, its an easy walk to the hotel, 15-20 min.
The staff is polite and helpful with restaurant tips, all in walking distance. The advice was
also accurate. The floors have windows so there are good opportunities for photography of the surrounding area.
The coffee maker is nice, Starbucks brand, was excellent, and the creamers were much better than the usual powder variety.
Internet access comes in two categories, regular and high speed, $10.00 or $16.00 for 24 hours. It was good and reliable the whole time.
The only issue I had, and I am not sure its the case with every room, but my bathroom was not equipped with a fan, which was a bit puzzling and uncomfortable.
Close to many attractions, including the Capitol, restaurants and the convention center, I would put this hotel as slightly less elegant than the Hyatt 2 blocks away but perfectly suitable for my needs.

Room Tip: higher the better for views
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Great location for business. Centrally located and within walking distance to downtown attractions and restaurants. The staff was very courteous, excellent service and Kyle, Reggie, and Paul, the valets, provide great driving directions. Better than GPS! Nice business center but free WiFi in the rooms would compliment the rest of the top notch service.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Let me begin by saying I primarily stay at Starwood hotels because my fiancé is a platinum member. We've stayed at Starwood hotels all the way from Maui to Paris, and have only had great experiences and encountered lovely staff. I have never had such horrible service than what I experienced at my hometown Starwood, the Sheraton Grand. Go figure.

I booked four rooms for a bachelorette party on Sept. 1st, so us girls could go out downtown and spend the night nearby, and we were gathered in one room so I could open gifts before we hit the town.

At 9:00 pm, someone started banging loudly on our door. A man named Drew Miller was at the door. I went outside and he got very close to my face and eyes glaring, chest puffed out, finger pointing, he yelled that we had to "get out of the room now or be evicted." From the moment he banged on the door, he was agressive and confrontational and acted like one of those young high school guys who go out looking for a fight.

My mother (yes, my 62 year old mother was there, and half of us girls were attorneys and the other half mothers, so we were not your typical "party crowd") came to the hallway and told Drew that he had no reason to be so rude, and that it was very bad policy to come to a guest room banging on the door and threatening eviction. Drew responded by threatening to call the police on my 62 year old, 5 foot 2 inches tall mother. Yes, he literally said he would call the police on my mother.

I tried to explain our situation and we didn't know we were being loud because it was still only 9:00 pm, and that we were on our way out. He got about two inches away from my face, did not acknowledge anything I said, and kept repeating his threatening words and agressive behavior.

I felt verbally abused. I am a 5"6 125 lb woman; I am not threatening to anyone, so why was there the need to get inches from my face and threaten me, why the aggressive, confrontational behavior?

I felt it was precisely because I was a woman that he attacked me like that, because if I was a man, there is not a chance in hell Drew would have gotten in my face like that. I have never in my life been so disrespected by anyone, let alone hotel staff.

I still love other Starwood hotels, but I will never stay at that Sheraton or any other Sheraton again. I have never been treated so poorly in my life, and I am still bothered by how disrespected I was.

Stayed September 2012