“Takes care of its customers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Lake Tahoe
“Takes care of its customers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I occasionally stay here as the organizer of small meetings. The staff remembers my wishes and always upgrades me to a suite since they know I like the extra space to get business done. They also let me keep my room until my meeting is done--even if it is until 6 p.m. Yes, this is likely granted due to my repeat business and booking of conference facilities. But, not every property I'm a regular at takes such good care of me. This is my go to property in Sacramento. Even as a casual traveler, you can expect a good location, great staff, and tasty food in room or on property. Views form the upper floors are also teriffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor ifyou like views. Many rooms have window seats. Many rooms ending in number 2...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I will continue to host our meetings at this location. Everyone from hotel is very helpful, courteous, and professional about every detail of your stay. Front desk, banquet staff, and sales staff do everything they can to ensure your event goes according to plan. Your guests will be pleased with the rooms, and location of the event.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stay at the Sacramento Sheraton about once a week, and Rasheen always makes me feel welcome. He greets me by name, has a great attitude, is very helpful, and always puts in that extra effort to make sure I feel “at home”. I’m always happy to see him. Thank you Rasheen!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We just did a 2 day Executive Offsite at this very fine property. The Banquets staff was so accomodating and really went the extra mile to ensure that we and our clients had a first rate experience. When we ran into some technical difficulties, they responded immediately and quickly took care of the problem. In everything else, they anticipated our needs, even before we realized we had them!! Elia Sosa, special thanks to you for checking in on us often. All the extra care and attention to detail from you and your colleagues really showed.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

The Sheraton is in a very good location, near good restaurants and theatre. The rooms were very nice, updated, great view, comfortable beds. We had adjoining rooms at the end of the hall. Very quiet and clean. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We liked being up past the 10th floor, good views
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

First and foremost the staff at this hotel is incredibly helpful! I had been traveling from the east coast to a conference at the hotel. I had been up since 2:30am est and been in planes and airports for over 12 hours by the time I arrived at the hotel The front desk staff immediately recognized how exhausted I was and sped through the check-in process (but didn't make me feel rushed) and purposefully searched out a very quiet room for me. Plus room service brought my dinner in 15 minutes instead of the usual 30 minutes.

But the reason for the 3 star instead of the 4 star is really because of the odd arrangement for the restaurant. It was only open for breakfast (which was awesome!) . But i didn't want room service again for dinner -i wanted to get out of my room but didn't have a car to drive to a restaurant so i thought I would eat in the hotel. When I got to the restaurant I found a sign directing me to the bar -which I guess is ok -but this was a friday night and there was a special event in the hotel. The bar was packed with party-goers and it felt extremely awkward to sit there eating a roast chicken dinner with people getting drunk. Remember I was still very jet lagged from my flights the previous day and really just wanted a relaxing dinner -I don't think it is asking too much of a hotel of this size to provide both a bar and restaurant for dinner. So therefore I am giving it a 3 star review.

But I would definitely stay here again, especially if traveling on business.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an evening while attending a Winter Ball at the Sacramento Convention Center. The hotel is centrally located right next door to the SCC.
The hotel is very nice. The rooms seem smaller but are updated and well appointed.
We enjoyed a quiet, comfortable stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple