“A Great Group Function”

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Rio Vista, CA
“A Great Group Function”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our club had an event that my husband and I had to plan. We needed rooms, several suites, a banquet room, a banquet dinner, a bar, and a DJ for music. After viewing several places in the general area, I came upon the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento. The thing that sold us was that their Conference Team, Michelle and Threasa, were able to satisfy all of our needs and at a very affordable price. Everyone who attended the event was very pleased with their rooms. The two suites that we had for hospitality rooms were spacious and laid out well. People were able to relax and watch football games before our event, while having drinks and snacks together. Our Banquet was located on the third floor. The Sheraton has one large room on that floor so we had the entire space. They set up a bar outside the room and the restrooms were convenient. The room was decorated with candles and bouquets of fresh flowers. It was lovely. There was a dance floor set up with space for our DJ. We selected three entrees for our club members to choose from -- a beef, chicken and salmon. Every single person was pleased with their dinner. The salad was fresh and tasty, there was plenty of bread and butter, the meals were served quickly and were delicious. I would definitely recommend the Grand Sheraton in Sacramento as a destination. I would also recommend it to anyone who has to plan a group event. The team at the Sheraton are top rate!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Corvettersue322,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sheraton Grand and that your event was such a success! Thank you for letting us know who made your experience wonderful! We are glad to you enjoyed our 3rd floor event space, our food, and our suites! We hope to have you back again soon for another event!
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in downtown Sacramento and close to all the restaurants. Sales staff is great Thanks to Michelle and her team, banquet staff is outstanding looking after all our attendees and with smiles................nice, Jason Hieronimus and Alex you rock! Lili Gonzalez, Antonio M. and Jose M. you are lovely and total commitment to work and making things happen. Nice rooms nice meeting space overall very nice team of professionals!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear TValls,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We sincerely appreciate you letting us know who exactly helped in making your event a success! We will pass the praise onto Michelle, Jason, Alex, Lili, Antonio, and Jose! They exemplify the service we strive to provide! We hope to have you back again soon!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I went there today, and I got some bar snacks and water. They all encouraged me to draw many of my signature animal pictures. As usual, the staff is very friendly and in particular Michael Matter and Ernesto Gonzalez. I highly recommend this hotel to all friends.

-Celebrity Guest

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank boneyman1
Dear boneyman1,
Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate you letting us know who made your visit wonderful! We hope to have you back again soon!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just wrapping up my fourth meeting at this property. Sacramento is a quirky town but our group has consistently asked to return to this property. Yes, it is large and maybe has less personality than the Citizen but....

1. The rooms are clean and housekeeping is excellent
2. The location can't be beat - walking distance to many excellent restaurants, close to the capitol, has a pool and a nice fitness center, easy access from the airport
4. An excellent conference services staff - every year I work with wonderful people (Anne and Threasa) who work efficiently to handle the group requests and give recommendations about the area.
5. They have good group F & B! Their food is always very consistent and fresh, they are flexible with customizing menus and they have a lovely "bonus" of providing fresh flowers for the tables and buffets at no additional cost.
6. They have a GREAT Food and Beverage team. I love their staff - smiling faces, great attitudes, so friendly and helpful. I work at a lot of excellent luxury-tier properties (which the Shearton doesn't aim to be I would say, which is fine!) and have to say, this group is seamless and works together incredibly well and are FIVE STAR. Bravo as always to Carlos and Lili, Antonio and Alex for taking excellent care of our group.

There are always some negatives and I think generally this hotel has some funky meeting space that they work to compensate for in the staffing. Also, the front desk generally are a little lackluster and concierge non-existent. Charm and decor wise, the hotel may be lacking but for a good, clean, comfortable and consistent hotel product with staff to make it a GREAT experience, and the Sheraton is a wonderful fit in Sacramento!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Francesca J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property in great detail! We sincerely appreciate you letting us know who exactly helped make your stay and events wonderful! We are glad to hear you enjoy our hotel overall and we look forward to welcoming your group back very soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is my favorite place to stay when I'm in Sacramento. The location is great - really close to the capitol and a lot of restaurants and bars downtown, and the hotel is very nice. The staff is friendly and there is a huge bar in the lobby.

I booked the club room on the top two floors. This was nice because it had great views. It was nice to see the sunrise and sunset since the skies are usually clear. The lounge has a continental breakfast available and soft drinks all day. There are other amenities, but I was too busy outside the hotel.

Valet parking is also available, but I chose to park in the street overnight since it was free when I would come and go.

The rooms are comfortable and large. I actually liked the water pressure in the shower as well.

When I visit Sacramento, this is the place I like to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BoysInNY
Dear BoysInNY,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that we are your favorite place to stay in Sacramento! We hope you will join us again very soon!
USA
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is just across the street from the Sacramento convention center, and is just a couple blocks from the state house. It is close to many restaurants. The rooms are styled in old-time western, which is actually refreshing from the traditional brand hotel rooms. Rooms were clean and tidy. The carpet in the hallways was in serious need of replacement, which gave the hotel a dowdy look and initial feel that it really doesn't deserve. My room was a corner room on a low floor, overlooking the busy street, but I never heard road noise. The hotel has nice conference facilities, with excellent equipment and support for electronic presentations. Shuttle service and valet service were quick and easy. This hotel offers a five dollar credit in its shops or restaurants and bars if you forego daily maid service. As a single person in the room, I took this option and applied it to the breakfast buffet, making breakfast quite affordable. The oatmeal at the breakfast was the best I have ever had at a buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear hank1USA,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked many of the things our hotel has to offer including our “Make a Green Choice” program. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the carpet… we will look into this issue immediately. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grand sometime soon!
California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a large convention hotel in the downtown Sacramento area. The rooms are just ok, but nothing to rave about. The front desk service was also blah at best. When I had a minor question about a charge on my bill, I was met with a blank stare from the young woman at the desk who then went in the back and came back with a supervisor who eventually answered it for me. The a/c in the room was motion-controlled, so it does not stay at the temperature that you set it at unless there is movement in the room. I understand that this saves energy however it is very annoying to wake up sweating because the a/c did not retain the temp it was set at when I went to bed. I was very surprised and disappointed to find that they do not have safes in the rooms. I would imagine that most guests have electronics that they'd like to lock up when leaving. Where is one supposed to keep an ipad or notebook computer when leaving the room? It seems strange that this basic feature would be missing from a Starwood hotel that clearly caters to meeting and convention type guests. The TV in the room had mostly fuzzy analog stations, with just a few digital ones. I think this place needs a serious remodel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank capat
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear capat,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and provide us with your feedback. Thank you for your feedback regarding safes in the room; we are currently working on adding those to our rooms. We constantly seek ways in which we can better our service and property for our guests.