“Our Favorite Place To Stay In Sacramento ”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Sonoma
“Our Favorite Place To Stay In Sacramento ”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We love the wonderful location of this wonderful hotel. Close to the Capitol, restaurants and Shopping. We love the hotel because it also takes our dogs. Our favorite room on the 6th floor faces the capital building and is always clean and bright.

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a very nice property for Sacramento. I like the location and the blend of modern and old time.
I have stayed several times at this property and this time I was faced with more issues.
After I brought them to the attention of the manager, things were addressed in a very courteous way.

Still, for improvement I want to flag out some issues I had while there.
First, when I checked in I was not recognized as a platinum member. Even though I used my suite awards I was difficult to really get an upgrade.
I was surprised by the cold, abrasive manner in which staff is treating spg members
The green choice was not offered to me, and when I requested it the second day, even though I did not get the cleaning service, I also did not get the credit.
As for the valet service: it usually takes a very long time to get your car. They do not take calls to bring the vehicle from room and once you go downstairs it takes a long time.
One time they brought the wrong car, so it took them more than half an hour to bring my car. Consequence? I was late for my meeting.
When I checked out very early on Monday, I was surprised when I received a portfolio for $3,707 and cents. Eventually they corrected the bill.
However, as of today, 10 days later, my credit card is still being held for $3,707.
When I left I asked the front desk agent to charge my room to a starwood credit card, yet she still charged to a different card.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our room was right by the elevators so I was worried about noise but my fears were ungrounded. The hotel was pretty full but we had no noise in our room at all. The bed was extremely comfortable, plenty of space in the room, and a window seat from which we could watch the beautiful sunrise. Ample access to electrical sockets to charge our phones, iPads, etc. All the staff we interacted with were efficient and friendly. We were taking part in a dance competition at the convention center and this hotel is very conveniently located across the street. There was a Starbucks for us to get our morning coffee (with no line - unlike the convention center) and the restaurant staff were very accommodating when we just wanted to eat cereal in our room before heading over to the competition. The location was great for us and there were a lot of restaurants nearby when we wanted a change of scenery.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Brecksville, Ohio
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Visitng Sacramento for a conference and I would consider the stay comfortable. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was welcoming as well as informative regarding what was nearby. As far as Sheratons go- it was sufficient. The room was clean and optically pleasing- very modern..flat screen t.v., nice shower and beautiful view. The maid service was notable.

Not the greatest line of toiletries...no shower gel or shower cap for the forgetful...but.. the guest services staff was extremely helpful and prompt when I requested toothpaste and deodorant due to lost luggage.

The fitness center was "fair". I found the cardo machines a bit dated- but they got the job done. There was quite a bit of strength training equipment which is a plus for the "serious" gym folks...

Bottom line... it was not luxurious but it was worth the while as it relates to a comfortable stay. I found the staff to be quite helpful and attentive..the food to be tasty- typical of a Sheraton....and the barkeeps rather friendly.

Most importantly, there were lots of great restaurants in walking distance and quite the variety..I visited an authentic Italian place...fairly close...good food..

On my last day in residence- I took a taxi to Arden mall- about an 18 buck cab ride...it was worth it to pick up a few retail items since there was not too much retail on the high end in walking distance.

I'd pick this location for business again...not so much for a vaca or a work trip where I was fitting in "vaca" lol....

Room Tip: pick high floors--- great view of the city and the historic buildings
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Mimi823,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and found our amenities to your liking. Thank you for letting us know about the lack of shower amenities… we do have them available by calling the front office, but we appreciate your feedback about putting them in the rooms. We hope to have you back again soon!
Blythe, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am here attending a conference for work. The conference rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The atmosphere is rich and elegant. Even though I have projects to work on after the conference, the room is very spacious and relaxing. The service is amazing. The staff is very professional and actually seem to really enjoy their work. The staff is accommodating and knowledgeable.

Dear LMS1718,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and letting us know about your recent stay! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope your wonderful experience will bring you back our way soon!
California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We arrived on our business trip on Sunday and check-in was seamless. The room was clean and spacious. I had two concerns that I feel I need to address. I had a night cap and was asked for my room number to keep a tab open. When I closed out I paid with cash but my room was still charged. My second concern was that I called the front desk and they never answered the phone. I then called guest services and then again no answer. When I reported this at check out he gave the company line, sorry about that. He did say he would look into being doubled charged. Moral of the story pay with a credit card or let them to charge to your room. Lesson learned.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear lcastillo1,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about the issues you encountered while staying here. We sincerely apologize for the mix up regarding your bar bill! If you should need to follow up with anyone regarding your charges, please feel free to call (916) 341-4545 and someone in our Accounting Department can assist you!
Rio Vista, CA
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our club had an event that my husband and I had to plan. We needed rooms, several suites, a banquet room, a banquet dinner, a bar, and a DJ for music. After viewing several places in the general area, I came upon the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento. The thing that sold us was that their Conference Team, Michelle and Threasa, were able to satisfy all of our needs and at a very affordable price. Everyone who attended the event was very pleased with their rooms. The two suites that we had for hospitality rooms were spacious and laid out well. People were able to relax and watch football games before our event, while having drinks and snacks together. Our Banquet was located on the third floor. The Sheraton has one large room on that floor so we had the entire space. They set up a bar outside the room and the restrooms were convenient. The room was decorated with candles and bouquets of fresh flowers. It was lovely. There was a dance floor set up with space for our DJ. We selected three entrees for our club members to choose from -- a beef, chicken and salmon. Every single person was pleased with their dinner. The salad was fresh and tasty, there was plenty of bread and butter, the meals were served quickly and were delicious. I would definitely recommend the Grand Sheraton in Sacramento as a destination. I would also recommend it to anyone who has to plan a group event. The team at the Sheraton are top rate!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Corvettersue322,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sheraton Grand and that your event was such a success! Thank you for letting us know who made your experience wonderful! We are glad to you enjoyed our 3rd floor event space, our food, and our suites! We hope to have you back again soon for another event!