“Old and saggy beds”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I booked a reservation here because it is the host hotel for the California International Marathon. While the decor is nice looking and the lobby and bar area seems nice, the beds in the rooms are old and tired. I booked a room with 2 double beds in case one of the beds was not comfortable. At least I would have another chance for the other bed to be comfortable. That was not the case. Both beds are sagging in the middle and lean to one side (the side which one would normally get on and off the bed). I am here to run a marathon and sleep is of utmost importance. I have yet to be able to sleep well on these saggy beds.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TNJtraveler111
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear TXtraveler1111,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the issue you encountered with our beds! Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is typically a highlight for guests, and we couldn’t be sorrier that they were anything less than wonderful… especially the night before your big run. We will certainly look into replacing these mattresses as soon as possible!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for an Irish dance competition. Hotel was great but when we told the clerk how we wanted to split bill he charged everything to my card and that is NOT what we told him. Shared a room with a fellow dancer. Called a day later when all charges were on my bank account. Was put through to accounting who weren't in. Let a message explaining clearly their mistake and it's been a week and NO call back! Unacceptable! Make sure if you share a room you get someone who understands how to break it down and does it correctly! Just disappointed with their billing people who couldn't even give a curtiousy call back! Thank goodness the roomie paid me with a check. Not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Jillivanilli69,
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you liked the hotel; however I am concerned about the billing issue you encountered. I sincerely apologize for lack of service you have received. This is highly unusual and I would like to assist in any way possible. Please feel free to contact me directly.
Loren Colvin, Front Office Manager
916-447-1700

Reviewed 3 December 2013

What a wonderful hotel! First, I booked for the wrong night. When I showed up a day late, no problem. Then I'd forgotten my deodorant. When I called down to find out if there was a gift/convenience store nearby, no problem -- they sent some up. When I needed a delayed check-out because I had to print out a crucial document after a day of meetings, no problem.

Honestly, this could have been a terrible trip, but the Sheraton and its staff smoothed a rough road.

Meanwhile, the room was clean, well appointed, and well maintained, as were the public areas. The bed was comfortable and the bar friendly. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GoingGoingAlmostGONE

Dear GoingGoingAlmostGONE,
We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel! We are glad to hear that all of the things that could have gone wrong were fixed by our staff! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Surprisingly good stay and customer service! We would stay here again if in Sacramento.

The staff made it great:
We arrived one day earlier than our group rate, having booked one night in the concierge level for that one night early before our convention/group.
I spoke with Keoni at reception about having to move to our cheaper (group rate) room the next day. I also spoke with him about my need for a quiet room, away from elevators, heating or aircon ducts outside the building making machinery noise, vending machines, etc.
Most of the time when I explain this at a front desk it seems this request carries no weight.
Keoni took the time to consider the floor plan of the hotel and found us a room on the concierge level at our group rate and bedding configuration (family members were joining us after that first night which is why we booked 2 double beds at the group rate for the rest of our stay).
He found us a corner room and thought this might be quiet.
Our room: beautiful, windows on two sides, and QUIET.
I appreciate when front desk clerks actually listen to their guests and try to accommodate.

ALSO-- FOOD TIP: Instead of waiting in long lines at the convention center across the street during our group event for food, Keoni told us about a tiny family run coffee shop --Tantric I believe is the name--footsteps outside of the Sheraton (to the right of front door). Zero to little lines, and much better food and prices than at the convention center. We had coffees, lattes, wraps, salads, sandwiches between our various family members. So there's your food tip if you are going to an event at the convention center.

Housekeeping - terrific in not making alot of noise in the morning yelling down the hallway, which has happened to me at other chains. One day I was in the room until the afternoon and the housekeeper could not have been nicer about it.
Room was very clean.

Everything went so smoothly I was very impressed as I know when our large convention group comes to town it can be hectic and hotel staff can get frazzled. Not here--everything and everyone so helpful it felt more like a boutique hotel than an impersonal chain.
Another time I returned to the room as the housekeeper was making it up and he graciously disappeared for the short time I needed to change clothes and gather my things.
Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor is more quiet. (We were on 25th floor).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear ElizabethStreetMoM,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know what exactly made your stay wonderful! We are pleased to hear you had such a nice experience with your quiet room, as well as our service! We hope you will join us again at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento!

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We love the wonderful location of this wonderful hotel. Close to the Capitol, restaurants and Shopping. We love the hotel because it also takes our dogs. Our favorite room on the 6th floor faces the capital building and is always clean and bright.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a very nice property for Sacramento. I like the location and the blend of modern and old time.
I have stayed several times at this property and this time I was faced with more issues.
After I brought them to the attention of the manager, things were addressed in a very courteous way.

Still, for improvement I want to flag out some issues I had while there.
First, when I checked in I was not recognized as a platinum member. Even though I used my suite awards I was difficult to really get an upgrade.
I was surprised by the cold, abrasive manner in which staff is treating spg members
The green choice was not offered to me, and when I requested it the second day, even though I did not get the cleaning service, I also did not get the credit.
As for the valet service: it usually takes a very long time to get your car. They do not take calls to bring the vehicle from room and once you go downstairs it takes a long time.
One time they brought the wrong car, so it took them more than half an hour to bring my car. Consequence? I was late for my meeting.
When I checked out very early on Monday, I was surprised when I received a portfolio for $3,707 and cents. Eventually they corrected the bill.
However, as of today, 10 days later, my credit card is still being held for $3,707.
When I left I asked the front desk agent to charge my room to a starwood credit card, yet she still charged to a different card.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our room was right by the elevators so I was worried about noise but my fears were ungrounded. The hotel was pretty full but we had no noise in our room at all. The bed was extremely comfortable, plenty of space in the room, and a window seat from which we could watch the beautiful sunrise. Ample access to electrical sockets to charge our phones, iPads, etc. All the staff we interacted with were efficient and friendly. We were taking part in a dance competition at the convention center and this hotel is very conveniently located across the street. There was a Starbucks for us to get our morning coffee (with no line - unlike the convention center) and the restaurant staff were very accommodating when we just wanted to eat cereal in our room before heading over to the competition. The location was great for us and there were a lot of restaurants nearby when we wanted a change of scenery.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends