“Reservations for Sacramento Conference” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Mission Viejo, California
“Reservations for Sacramento Conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had to make reservations for about 8 people with different itineraries. It got so complicated but the gracious and patient reservation personnel at the Sheraton Grand were very helpful and accomodating. They understood the complications of sending people to big conferences and their special schedules. I am glad I was able to re-arrange their lodging to attend the conference on time with the help of the Sheraton excellent reservation staff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

billing problem. tried to book a room for my parents. my dad ended up being charged, after two weeks of explaining and leaving messages with no returns, I talked to John David who instead of transferring me asked what I needed help with, apologized and worked hard to fix the problem, connect me with the correct person and made sure that person was available to talk to me.
I wish i had been able to deal with him from the beginning. They need more people like john to help customers.
I have stayed here before and enjoyed it, but after this mess i was going to not stay here again, but because of john, we will be willing to stay at a sheraton in the future

thanks John!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The only negative I found this visit was the dinner room service trays were still sitting in the hallway at 7 AM the next morning. I hadn't noticed this on previous stays; maybe there has been a change in day staffing hours, but thought I would mention it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I booked a reservation here because it is the host hotel for the California International Marathon. While the decor is nice looking and the lobby and bar area seems nice, the beds in the rooms are old and tired. I booked a room with 2 double beds in case one of the beds was not comfortable. At least I would have another chance for the other bed to be comfortable. That was not the case. Both beds are sagging in the middle and lean to one side (the side which one would normally get on and off the bed). I am here to run a marathon and sleep is of utmost importance. I have yet to be able to sleep well on these saggy beds.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TNJtraveler111
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear TXtraveler1111,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let us know about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the issue you encountered with our beds! Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is typically a highlight for guests, and we couldn’t be sorrier that they were anything less than wonderful… especially the night before your big run. We will certainly look into replacing these mattresses as soon as possible!
Berthoud, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for an Irish dance competition. Hotel was great but when we told the clerk how we wanted to split bill he charged everything to my card and that is NOT what we told him. Shared a room with a fellow dancer. Called a day later when all charges were on my bank account. Was put through to accounting who weren't in. Let a message explaining clearly their mistake and it's been a week and NO call back! Unacceptable! Make sure if you share a room you get someone who understands how to break it down and does it correctly! Just disappointed with their billing people who couldn't even give a curtiousy call back! Thank goodness the roomie paid me with a check. Not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Jillivanilli69,
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you liked the hotel; however I am concerned about the billing issue you encountered. I sincerely apologize for lack of service you have received. This is highly unusual and I would like to assist in any way possible. Please feel free to contact me directly.
Loren Colvin, Front Office Manager
916-447-1700
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

What a wonderful hotel! First, I booked for the wrong night. When I showed up a day late, no problem. Then I'd forgotten my deodorant. When I called down to find out if there was a gift/convenience store nearby, no problem -- they sent some up. When I needed a delayed check-out because I had to print out a crucial document after a day of meetings, no problem.

Honestly, this could have been a terrible trip, but the Sheraton and its staff smoothed a rough road.

Meanwhile, the room was clean, well appointed, and well maintained, as were the public areas. The bed was comfortable and the bar friendly. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GoingGoingAlmostGONE
Dear GoingGoingAlmostGONE,
We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel! We are glad to hear that all of the things that could have gone wrong were fixed by our staff! We look forward to having you back again soon!
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Surprisingly good stay and customer service! We would stay here again if in Sacramento.

The staff made it great:
We arrived one day earlier than our group rate, having booked one night in the concierge level for that one night early before our convention/group.
I spoke with Keoni at reception about having to move to our cheaper (group rate) room the next day. I also spoke with him about my need for a quiet room, away from elevators, heating or aircon ducts outside the building making machinery noise, vending machines, etc.
Most of the time when I explain this at a front desk it seems this request carries no weight.
Keoni took the time to consider the floor plan of the hotel and found us a room on the concierge level at our group rate and bedding configuration (family members were joining us after that first night which is why we booked 2 double beds at the group rate for the rest of our stay).
He found us a corner room and thought this might be quiet.
Our room: beautiful, windows on two sides, and QUIET.
I appreciate when front desk clerks actually listen to their guests and try to accommodate.

ALSO-- FOOD TIP: Instead of waiting in long lines at the convention center across the street during our group event for food, Keoni told us about a tiny family run coffee shop --Tantric I believe is the name--footsteps outside of the Sheraton (to the right of front door). Zero to little lines, and much better food and prices than at the convention center. We had coffees, lattes, wraps, salads, sandwiches between our various family members. So there's your food tip if you are going to an event at the convention center.

Housekeeping - terrific in not making alot of noise in the morning yelling down the hallway, which has happened to me at other chains. One day I was in the room until the afternoon and the housekeeper could not have been nicer about it.
Room was very clean.

Everything went so smoothly I was very impressed as I know when our large convention group comes to town it can be hectic and hotel staff can get frazzled. Not here--everything and everyone so helpful it felt more like a boutique hotel than an impersonal chain.
Another time I returned to the room as the housekeeper was making it up and he graciously disappeared for the short time I needed to change clothes and gather my things.
Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher floor is more quiet. (We were on 25th floor).