“Stunning Views from the Club floor”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco, California
“Stunning Views from the Club floor”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Generally Sacramento is not known for having 'stunning views', but if you're fortunate enough to be on the upper hotel floors, you'll have a panoramic view of the city. It may be one of the tallest buildings in the area. The location is fairly ideal - close to the trains and local transportation. Self parking is across the street in a covered garage, or valet parking is available (additional fees). The convention center is steps away with restaurants and a Starbuck's nearby. Morgan's restaurant is on site at the historic, Julia Morgan-designed Public Market building. There is a nice breakfast buffet on the second floor. The Club Floor lounge is scenic, and offers up some nice appetizers. The hotel also houses a pool and fitness center. The room heat/cooling system was fairly quiet. Our club level room was fairly spacious. Cordial-professional staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ksatake, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Juliec888,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and we are so glad that you enjoyed the views from our tower rooms. You can see most of the city and surrounding areas from our top floors. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Sacramento.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
New Jersey
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel is well situated in the city's Capitol district, within easy walking distance of the Capitol and seems to be a hub for business meetings. Our room was spacious; it was a corner room, so not sure if they are all that big. The king bed was comfortable and the air system was responsive and quiet, with a perfect white-noise whir with the fan always on. The vanity was spacious and separate from the shower and toilet.

The chief annoyance in the rooms is that the bathroom door automatically closes. So if you like to listen to the TV while shaving or want to chat with your spouse while she's doing makeup, forget about it. You can prop open the door with a shoe or wastebasket, but then you risk having the shower steam set off the fire alarm - as happened to a colleague.

I would give this hotel an overall four-star rating but for three service issues:

1. I requested early check-in the day before and got the usual "we can't promise anything" line, which is understandable. When I called at 1:30 on check-in day, I was informed that no rooms were available. Again, understandable. But when I asked when one would be available, she advised, "We're working as fast as we can." Period. Wrong answer. The response from any reputable hotel is, "We have no rooms available now, Mr. Jones, but we should have one available for you by XX p.m."

2. We parked our rental car across the street at the Sheraton-flagged garage. In the lobby, I asked to borrow a luggage cart. The bellman said they weren't allowed to cross the street. Huh? We were Sheraton guests staying at the Sheraton and parked at a Sheraton garage. We had to hand-haul five bags across the street in the rain. Unacceptable.

3. At our conference luncheon at the Sheraton, the dish was beef. Every attendee agreed these were the toughest slices of beef imaginable. How this seemingly upscale hotel could serve food like this is incomprehensible. Understandably, we had dinner that night at an off-property restaurant - and would advise you to do the same.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room, up high.
Dear Travelingman 16,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we are truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. If you would like to provide additional feedback please contract our front office manager.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Nathan Donkor came to my rescue tonight when I needed someone to pick up a basket to deliver to your hotel for my parents arrival to celebrate their anniversary. I can't thank him enough, I really, really appreciated his willingness to go over and above the call of duty to help me out. I was very impressed be the staff's spirit of volunteering to help. I am a frequent traveler, gold w/Starwood, platinum with Marriott and I have stayed thousands of night in hotels. Every once in a while I come across dedicated staff members that really stand out. Thanks again to the entire staff at the Sacramento Grand, but especially Nathan. I'll definitely be at your hotel the next time I am in Sacramanto.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fmey
Dear fmey,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the hotel and recognizing Nathan for his efforts to make your stay special. Thank you for staying with Starwood and being a valued guest in our SPG program.
Redding, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a great stay with over the top experience, it started with the Valet parking, Regi took the time to make us feel welcome. Housekeeping, I asked for extra cream to be left in the room, when we came back after being out for the day, the room had been cleaned and the cream was stacked by the coffee maker. From the check in to the check out, as our car was being brought around Regi came over to speak to me once again. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo M
Dear Jo M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We will make sure that Regi is recognized for his efforts and that our housekeeping staff was able to accommodate your needs.
Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is way overpriced and certainly doesn't deliver the value advertised. I spent three nights here. My bathroom was not cleaned on the second day of my stay. The ice machine on my floor never worked during the time I was there, and the sheets never stayed on my bed. The coffee maker also leaked all over the desk. There is no fridge or microwave in the room and they ask over $200 a night and breakfast is $20. A colleague stayed at the Holiday Inn a few blocks away, paid $120 a night and got their free breakfast. I highly encourage any traveler to the area to not consider this property.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best tip I can render
3 Thank bnort1
ksatake, Director of Sales at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear bnort1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay. We are very sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact our front office mangers if you would like to discuess further.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have been staying at the Sheraton Grand consistently for business travel, and I have not been disappointed. The staff is friendly and attentive (especially Lisa Dennis, who goes out of her way to assist guests). The rooms are comfortable and clean. I'd recommend it for both business and pleasure!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ksatake, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear AlyssaJ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stays at the hotel. We are glad that you have been able to work with Lisa and will pass along your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here on a work trip, and was very pleased. The hotel rooms are big and roomy, clean and updated. The staff was great, the concierge even charged my phone while I went out to dinner one night. There is self parking directly accross the street and some great restaurants and convention center walking distance away. Went to the spacious gym almost everyday which was not ever crowded - in addition to running in the park just around the corner. This is a big/conference type hotel though - one night there was a Japanese food distrubutor conference, and the next day the hotel was filled with some sort of comicon event with all kinds of seriously costumed characters milling around. So very busy at times, and you may find yourself waiting in a long line to check in. The lobby bar/restaurant is great for a drink and small meals. Awesome caprese salad!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ali28970
Dear ali28970,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay at the hotel. We are glad that we could make it a memoriable experience. We are glad that you had time to expereince the gym and take advanatge of some of the sites and dinning Sacramento has to offer.