“Banquet staff at Sheraton are the BEST!!”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Lennie Sciortino, Banquet Captain at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento, should be given a commodation for giving service above and beyond the call of duty at our business function.

Lennie checked in with us at 4pm to confirm the timeline for our no host bar, dinner and dessert. The timeline he had was off by over an hour! The event coordinator at our company gave the Sheraton banquet person a 5:30p start for the bar and 6p for dinner when it was actually 4:30p for bar and 5:15p for dinner. Lennie didn't hesitate! He called for all hands on deck and within 20 minutes had our bar delivered and set up, dinner tables decorated and utensils set another 20 minutes after that. Food was delivered piping hot to the banquet line, and our attendees were never aware there was any problem.

Lennie was fast, efficient, and friendly! He even checked on us and made sure we got some food, too. The food was excellent.

Again, give Lennie a great big 'Thank You' from our company.

1  Thank Debra B
ksatake, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent event hear at the Sheraton. We are excited to hear your comments about Lennie and the rest of our staff and will share them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Beautiful hotel in downtown Sacramento. You can walk anywhere. Fabulous, friendly staff especially Chad at Front Desk and Nick in Guest Services. Rooms spacious and higher floors boast wonderful views of the city. Room service prompt and food was good. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PalosVerdesPeninsula

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your expereince with our staff. We will make sure that we pass this along to our staff. We look foward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

All the bar tendrs here just so great! There David Jackson (SPHINX), Michael Matter (Butterfly), Brittany (DRAGONFLY), Nate (ELEPHANT), Steve G (PHOENIX) and Eric Deckard (MARLIN)!

What I want write of is pass weekend! I came in Tuesday (there two fundraising walks Saturday and Sunday)! Tuesday, Steve was there! Ask him, "All these people here, why I only one to sit here," he mentions is convention of Doctors and Medical people, they usually refuse drink! They know here if I order anything, is just orange juice! Saturday and Sunday after the walks, come back! Eric there both days! Saturday ask if he can cut the applie in slices, he glad to do, put on a plate in shape of happy face! Sunday he ask if I want snacks and water, I ask for hot chocolate instead, he ask if I want whipped cream! How they make hot chocolate when ("WE DO NOT HAVE MILK AT THE BAR) not sure how they made, but he did! No charge! Ask him, he say he buying today!

Keep up good work! See all you Jazz Jubilee and Birthday stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Karyn C

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit with our bar staff, we will share your comments and will look foward to seeing you back in a few weeks during the music festival.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I travel to Sacramento often for work and I always stay at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento. It's easy to get to, the staff are all very friendly and helpful, the restaurant food is delicious, walking distance to most places I need to be, and the rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. The bed is incredibly comfortable, the shampoo/conditioners and soaps all smell wonderful, the hair dryer is great and there is enough space in the bathroom for all of my numerous toiletries. The closet is very spacious and there's a safe. I really can't say anything bad about this place, it's top notch.

1  Thank Victoria B
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

We are very grateful for your loyalty and want to thank you for sharing your review on your most recent stay with us. Your comments for our convenient location, helpful staff and delicious food are very much appreciated. Thank you again for your delightful review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

2nd week for me at Sheraton Grand - starting a long term assignment in Sacramento. Tried a couple of hotels so far in Sac. My reservation seemed to have been lost today. They fixed it right away and gave me my discount rate without an issue. Valet, Bell, desk and F&B staff are all very courteous and helpful. Bed is super-comfy. That is what I need, so I will be coming back next week.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tripostorous
ksatake, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your current trip to Sacramento. We look forward in sharing your feedback with our staff regarding your current stay and glad that they were able to help you with your reservation.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent a weekend in Sacramento seeing the sights. We were very pleasantly surprised by the Sheraton Grand. We have stayed in a number of Sheratons over the yeras and they can be marginal; this one, however, far exceeded our expectations. Even though the hotel was full with weekend convention attendees, service was not lacking. The public rooms are quite nice; the gym was clean, well appointed and attended; our club room on the 25th floor was quiet. The club wasn't the greatest but it was a good option for a quick snack. The location is just about perfect for seeing sights in downtown Sacramento. The hotel uses a parking garage across the street; we passed on the valet but had no problems getting into or out of the garage. It's not luxury, but it met all our basic needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent weekend stay in at the hotel. We are glad that you found us to be centrally located and appreciate your feedback regarding our club floors.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel did a great job hosting our approx. 120-person meeting. The guest and meeting rooms were clean, pleasant, and well appointed. There were no tremendously annoying features in the guest rooms, such as roaring or rattling air handling systems. Beds were comfortable. Everything in the meeting rooms worked properly. There are multiple fast elevators. The overall atmosphere is welcoming. Our banquet was well served with good food, very good for a meeting banquet. Drinks in the lounge were served by competent wait & bar staff (rarer every day). Food ordered in the lounge was very good; when I said I was in a rush they said that they could not meet my timeline (much better than promising but not delivering). I thought that, given the location, the costs were reasonable, including the parking. Internet is another thing, charging for it is common practice, but unacceptable.

My highest praise goes to the staff. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant and competent, including check-in, housekeeping, lounge, banquet, meeting management, and concierge. I really appreciated that the hotel staff were very attentive to my food allergy and sensitivity issues. Not only did they go to considerable effort to ensure that what they served me was safe for me, they went the extra steps to make sure that it was tasty and I enjoyed it. I do not remember the last time a conference hotel staff went to this effort. Most hotels just serve me bland unspiced "broiled" chicken or fish, plain rice or potato, and broccoli. I would return to this hotel without any hesitation.

Our only problem was that our meeting shared the divided ballroom with a very loud group on the other side of the divider. And I mean LOUD: their approach to keeping everyone awake was to play disco music about once an hour, at high volume. Shame on the organizers of that conference. They had a strobe light in the common area, which I don't think should be legal given the known propensity to trigger seizures. I doubt that the hotel knew ahead of time how loud this group would be, but it took 3 or 4 tries to get this problem sorted out. Also, the two conferences shared the same common area, so noise from their breaks was disruptive for our meeting (and vice versa I presume). To me this was a lesson for my own experience, to pay more attention to space & logistics when I organize meetings myself. Without the issues with the neighboring conference, I would have given an overall rating of excellent.

1  Thank SallyFromTucson
ksatake, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and meeting here at the Sheraton. We are glad that the rooms were comfortable and we were able to meet all your last minute needs with your food allergies. We are truly sorry that you had some challenges with meeting space and look forward to the opportunity to makes changes to the next event.