“Best overall hotel in Sacramento”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Oakland, California
“Best overall hotel in Sacramento”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Becca Yamat is the best server at this hotel. She is attentive, fast, and funny. I stay at this hotel at least once a month, sometimes more, and always look forward to having a meal in the hotel's restaurant when Becca is working!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are so happy to hear that our staff is able to provide you with great service consistently from one stay to the next! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Chicago
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference. VERY nice property. The organizers put me up in a suite which was nicely decorated and comfortable. The bathroom door didn't stay open for some reason. Everything else was five star: room service breakfast delivery at the exact minute I requested it (and DELISH), wake up call, front desk guys super knowledgeable and helpful. A well-run hotel.

1 Thank Mamiford
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We here at the Sheraton Grand are always striving to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for our guests. Your positive feedback will be shared with our team and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I spent an entire week attending a business conference at the Grand Sheritan hotel in Sacramento. The conference I attended was excellent and so was this hotel.

The conference area was located on the first floor and it was large, well equipped, very spacious, and very professional looking. The hotel staff that catered to our needs during this conference did an outstanding job!

The room that I stayed in at this hotel was very nice and accommodating. The only thing I was not pleased with was the fact that they did not have a refrigerator or microwave in my particular room. Considering the grandeur of this hotel, I was a bit shocked that these items were not part of the room package.

Also, you have to pay $20 per day for self parking (per evening). Because I stayed there for the entire week, that daily cost quickly added up to an extra hundred dollars!

In closing, I will say this - The hotel was awesome, the employees at the hotel were very awesome, and all the food items that they provided for our event was extremely awesome! The customer service at this hotel was above and beyond anything I have seen in recent times! Well done!

If you ever stay in the Sacramento area, it is my recommendation that you would stay at the Grand Sheritan hotel.

Thank you very kindly for reading my review.

-McClintock853

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at the Sheraton Grand hotel. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and warm experience and it is great to hear that our staff was able to provide that! All of your feedback will be shared with our team. We hope to welcome you back soon!
chico,ca
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upscale hotel, quite comfortable, with pleasant, helpful staff. Walking distance to bars, restaurants and the IMAX. The hotel restaurant is way over priced. The pool is small and this time of year, overcrowded with kids. Parking is pricey, but they will let you park until 6p after checkout and store your luggage.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank catravlerChico_ca
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Here at the Sheraton Grand we are always striving to give a comfortable and convenient experience for our guests. We will share your positive feedback with our team and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't write a lot of reviews but this one is much needed. I was in town for a wedding and stayed here two nights. I can't review any of the amenities they had to offer because I was constantly going since the weekend was so short and busy that most of my time was not spent here except for sleeping (attempted) and showering and changing. I am extremely disappointed with my short stay. First of all, my first night there I got no sleep at all! I stayed in room 1502 which is a handicapped room (only difference is it's a little larger than standard room) so I felt even worse knowing that how poor the quality of the bed was is actually something that a person with a handicapped might experience. The bed had no support at all and felt like it was sinking from every angle and hurt every inch of my body as I tossed and turned all night desperate for comfort. I complained the very next morning when I went downstairs about the bed, and this was after I had to already call downstairs early in the morning because of extremely loud neighbors (which security did respond to), and I'm no complainer unless my experience is intolerable. I was offered by the manager on duty to move to a room on their club level floor in which I was told the best of the best of everything the hotel has to offer. WRONG!!! I was oblivious that management didn't check the room before giving me a key and sending me on my way. They were more concerned with making sure I didn't write a bad review instead of making sure my experience was great. When I arrived to my new room on the 26th floor it was no where near as clean as my previous room, stains on the bedskirt, the chair and bench by the window were dirty and outdated and the room smelled of mildew. I was in such a rush to get to the venue I hate I had no time to take pictures of the room. I immediately called downstairs (already running late getting to the wedding venue) and let them know. I didn't have time to play this came of win or lose by attempting to move to another room after that and unfortunately returned to the room I was in before and asked that they just fix the bed. Of course I returned back in the late hours of that second night only to learn that the bed was still the same. I traveled from NC and because of my lack of rest and inconvenience of my stay here, it effect my entire experience from a beautiful weekend and I have had a visit to my chiropractor 4 times since returning home. I was hoping that I could get this worked out through American Express since I booked through them, but unfortunately when they reached out to management, management didn't give them the entire truth of them not truly being able to accommodate me.

My husband and I love the Hyatt and only booked this hotel because it was the recommended hotel for the wedding but HUGE mistake. Don't chance it, you may or may not get your monies worth, I sure didn't. Stay at the Hyatt which is right around the corner or stay at The Citizen which is on the next block up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank esp811
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your most recent stay. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with us and want to assure you that what you encountered is neither standard nor acceptable. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly and ask that you contact us at sgs.01247@sheraton.com. Thank you
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We recently held two meetings over two days. The set-up was great, food was good, but most notable was staff who provided excellent service. The AV department, Carlos, Alex, Elia and Lupe were quick, efficient, responsive, friendly, flexible, professional even with last minute schedule and logistical changes. They really went above and beyond to take care of our staff and attendees and were a real asset for the meeting overall. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! We at the Sheraton Grand are always striving to meet and exceed the expectation of our guests. Whether it is for an overnight stay or a meeting/event or just for fun, it is wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience. We hope to welcome you back soon!
London, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice hotel, situated near the conference centre where I was attending a meeting. The rooms were nice and the hotel staff were even better. My room was always cleaned bright and early -they did an immaculate job. Beds and pillows were comfy and the bathroom had all the amenities (no complaints). The pool area was small but the hotel had a nice gym. If you are going to Sacramento be advised that there is not much of a tourist market. Most restaurants are closed early and there is not a lot of selection.

1 Thank Ryan H
ksatake, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Ryan H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will share your comments with the house keeping department.