“Sheraton Grand was just that ... Grand”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Santa Clarita, California
“Sheraton Grand was just that ... Grand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed there to celebrate 22nd wedding anniversary. Extremely easy to find. The staff was more than helpful from valet to housekeeping. We got a room on the 22nd floor which made for an awesome view. Why only 4 stars? Self parking is a little further than I wanted to tote my luggage around. So we did valet. The large window allowed the rising sun to fill the room with the big bright "WAKE UP" reminder. There was a nice bar/lounge area that gave us some time to relax. It's within walking distance to the state capital. Overall I'm happy with Sheraton Grand

Room Tip: Depending on what you are there for,,,, ask for a high floor room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience at the Sheraton Grand hotel. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and warm experience. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our hospitality during your anniversary! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Columbia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The service here is outstanding! I traveled with my husband and six year old last weekend to attend a wedding. The valet guys are so helpful, polite and funny! Give those boys a raise! The location is great. The rooms were very clean. We had a great view on the 22nd floor. The beds were SO comfy!! I didn't try the room service, however i did try the breakfast buffet and it was just so so. I ended up getting a pizza delivered the first night. The pool is very very small but it was still fun. They have a pretty decent fitness center. Starbucks coffee in the rooms, as well as tea was great. Housekeeping was wonderful as well! Always remember to tip your housekeeper! Overall, great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The room and food was average. Hotel is in a good location. Not as good as other Starwood properties. Charged for small amenities like baby shampoo. Charges for internet. I didn't valet a car, but it looked like it took forever. There was a long line and people grumbling about it taking too long and making them late.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your most recent stay. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate managers. We hope to welcome you back and provide a more positive experience next time!
Laramie, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having "Grand" in the name made me expect more than just an average downtown city hotel. The room was nice but nothing spectacular. The front desk staff and bellmen were all extremely helpful and are what really made the stay worth it. It is right across the street from the Convention Center so if you have a meeting there, you can't beat the location. As always, it amazes me that the very high priced hotels such as this do not offer free wifi in the rooms when pretty much every budget motel does that. While it is an ok place to stay, I will probably try one of the competitors should I need to attend another meeting at the Convention Center.

Green Features: They have a green program where you can hang a tag on your door for no cleaning. They slide a $5 restaurant voucher under the door or you can turn it in at the end of your trip for SPG points.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and it is great to hear that our front desk and bell staff were able to provide you with helpful service. Your feedback will be shared with all of the appropriate teams.
Chapel Hill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is an average Sheraton; mostly good but showing a bit of wear. Check-in was slow with 5 people in line. The lounge is extremely small and was completely overrun while we were there, to the point that you couldn't even get a cup of coffee. It should either be expanded or they should provide breakfast to SPG Platinum members in the downstairs restaurant when they know they're going to be busy. Location was good for attending events at the Convention Center. Self-park is a bit odd as it is across the street, which isn't really clear on the website.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it is apparent in this case that we fell short. Your feedback will be shared with all of the appropriate teams.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

It's my second stay at The Sheraton Grand Sacramento and they always make me feel very welcome. I will definitely come back again because I know that the hotel has consistent quality and service. One of the staff that I remembered was Marquez (hopefully I spelled his name correctly) at the Front Desk who was very professional & courteous. Basically for me, it's not about the room upgrades that I am looking for every time I stay at hotels because I prefer to stay in a clean room that I actually booked for and get excellent service like in this hotel rather than getting an upgrade but bad service. Thank you, Sheraton Grand Sacramento!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mrs_masthergio
Robert R, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at the Sheraton Grand hotel. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and warm experience and it is great to hear that our staff was able to provide that! All of your feedback will be shared with our team. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was staying here for business and chose the location due to the proximity of my meeting the next morning. This is an older hotel that has been remodeled so it doesn't have some of the amenities of new hotels, which is fine. However at $300 per night (including tax) in Sacramento, you would expect at least free wifi and maybe breakfast. Wifi is an extra $10, which feels like I'm being nickeled and dime when paying $300 per night. Breakfast is overpriced and mediocre at best. I would have sent back my under cooked, mushy hash browns if I was in a hurry. My biggest complain came when talked to the desk about getting the business rate the next morning. They told me since I didn't ask when I check in, I could no longer get the business. That's not acceptable as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone. There are many other better options nearby. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable, so at least I slept well!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
Green Features: They didn't appear to be any more or less "green" than any other hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business