“Awesome hotel close to the river and Old Town Sacramento!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Santa Monica, California
“Awesome hotel close to the river and Old Town Sacramento!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We loved this hotel! The rooms were large, clean, and well decorated. Great views of the river! We loved that entrance to the room over looks their beautiful lobby. The breakfast buffet was delicious too! We walked over the Old Town Sacramento for dinner and to look around. Perfect location and a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
san jose, california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

I followed the tips and guidelines of previous posters. This was our first family trip to old Sacramento to visit the Train museums, Sacramento Capitol Building, Art Museum and the Sacramento RiverCats baseball game. What a GREAT and PERFECT location.
I was glad I followed directions of previous posters.
We booked a room on the top floor of Embassy Suites and requested River View. I also requested a "suite". They did not advertise it when you called, but when I specified it based on reviews I have seen, I was given this room. It consisted of a small living room with TV and SofaBed and desk, the bedroom had a King bed and also a TV.
As previous posters recommended, its important to request RiverView due to H-5 being on the opposite side. We never heard the traffic. It was also important to request a top floor due to the noise. I was surprised how many people let their kids run unsupervised in this hotel, however we were on the top floor and had minimal noise. This was even during the time when many high school seniors were having their prom. We chose our room wisely.
We parked our car once, and walked to all the above attractions. We were even able to watch the Saturday night fireworks from the RiverCats baseball game from our room.
My son also enjoyed walking along the riverwalk, we even took the train. Our son went swimming in the indoor pool. We walked down to the Capitol building and took a tour.
Only downside was that the indoor pool was very small, as well as the hot tub. However, my son enjoyed it.
Great family weekend trip.

Room Tip: Request 8th Floor, RiverView.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
CA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We throroughly enjoyed our one night stay here. First off, a complaint then all the good stuff. When checking in we were not informed as to 1) where the elevators were (around the corner), 2) the manager's reception (complimentary wine, beer soft drink and snacks for two full hours), and 3) the cook to order breakfast. The front desk blew it! The hotel is also valet only at $25 per night.

On the bright side, the hotel is an atrium type with all hallways overlooking the greater lounge area. Old Town, an interesting place to visit, is literally walking minutes away. The Firehouse Restaurant is worth looking into.

The river view room was very adequate with a sitting / business area and bedroom down the hall. If we visit Sacramento again, we will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank jp1martin
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least 25 nights in the last 6 years. I love this hotel! From the breakfast, to the Manager's Reception, to the location. Even the on-site restaurant is great. Everytime I stay here it is just great all around. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RockNCreekGirl
Salida, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed at this Embassy Suites in January and it is a very nice hotel. This was my 4th stay at this hotel. Unfortunately, this stay will be my last. Apart from the outrageous cost of parking, I found the staff to be very unprofessional for the most part.

When I checked out, I had forgotten two very expensive packers jerseys and a pair of boots in the closet. I realized my mistake within two hours of checkout and immediately called the hotel. Housekeeping checked the room and stated that they indeed had my two jerseys and boots. I was thoroughly relieved and asked where I could pick up the items. They said they would call me back to tell me where to pick them up. No phone call. I call back. The manager tells me, housekeeping is gone for the night, leave a message and they will call me back tomorrow. No phone call. This continued for 5 days. Finally I drove... 1 1/2 hours and walked into the hotel. They brought the housekeeping manager down, who said they originally had my jerseys and boots, but are not sure what happened to them after housekeeping took them.

Fortunately, Embassy did reimburse me for my stolen items, but if there own staff is stealing, this is not somewhere I want to stay. The professionlism of the hotel managers was more than lacking. As a travel agent, I will not be referring any customers to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Stasia74
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Pros:
Walking distance to Old Sacramento
Great breakfast with nice outdoor seating near the river and bridge
Accomodating to replace missing toiletries
The windows open! Should not be a big deal, but so many hotels have non-working windows. Nice to get some air movement in there....

Cons:
Parking is abt $24

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thelowest
New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

The hotel looks brand new... absolutely stunning, from the lobby to the onsite restaurants.... The inside is in the shape of a courtyard and when you walk out of your room you can see down below. There is a beautiful, but smallish indoor pool. We had a one bedroom suite, very nicely appointed and clean. We ate at the more formal restaurant the first night and had terrific food and great service in pleasant surroundings.

In the morning we awoke to find out that they have complimentary breakfast. It is buffet style, but it is hot: they have omelettes made to order, waffles, etc.... They even had the most delicious juice.... orange, mango passion fruit. I cannot say enough about the service. A few minutes before breakfast was closing, the chef came by to inform us and ask us if we would like an omelette before closing time. We felt that was very thoughtful and nice. The hotel is also very reasonably priced. A real gem!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family