I am currently staying in the Embassy Suites in Sacramento and am struck by how many of its features are better than those of the much-pricier properties of its sister Hilton hotels. First, of course, each room is a full suite, not just a room, with a small kitchen and a large living room and two closets as well as a bedroom and bath. The towels are thicker and nicer than most Hiltons, and, while Hiltons have been steadily eliminating coffee makers in the rooms, this Embassy Suites has nice Keurig individual coffee makers with plenty of pods. For Hilton Honors members they have a buffet where any time of the day or night you can help yourself to complimentary fruit, yogurt, snacks and drinks. The complimentary breakfasts are fairly good--not if you are a health fanatic but certainly a wide range of breakfast choices. The location couldn't be better--both on the river next to Sacramento's iconic bridge and beside the running trails along the river and on the Capitol Mall--the grand street leading up to the State Capitol. Rooms on the river and Mall side are quiet--avoid the ones on the freeway side. Staff is very nice--they rushed to get my room ready when I arrived even though it was before check in time--at the NY Hilton, in contrast, arriving early is more likely, in my experience, to get you a rebuke and a reminder that it isn't check in time yet.
The room has plenty of outlets for techies including by the bed. My only complaint is that the fitness center is not open 24 hours--bad for people coming from earlier time zones. (It is not a great fitness center either, but with the river trails right beside the hotel, and the fabulous Sacramento weather, that isn't a big deal.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly Renovated Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade hotel is located on the Sacramento River across from historic Old Town Sacramento. This full-service upscale all-suite hotel is just minutes from the California State Capitol, ARCO Arena, Sacramento International Airport and the Cal Expo - California Exposition and State Fair. Guests of the Embassy Suites Sacramento hotel stay in spacious two-room suites and will enjoy many hotel amenities, services, and facilities in addition to our Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and Complimentary Nightly Manager's Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade Hotel Sacramento
- Embassy Suites Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Embassy Suites