“Better than most flagship Hilton properties”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Houston, Texas
“Better than most flagship Hilton properties”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I am currently staying in the Embassy Suites in Sacramento and am struck by how many of its features are better than those of the much-pricier properties of its sister Hilton hotels. First, of course, each room is a full suite, not just a room, with a small kitchen and a large living room and two closets as well as a bedroom and bath. The towels are thicker and nicer than most Hiltons, and, while Hiltons have been steadily eliminating coffee makers in the rooms, this Embassy Suites has nice Keurig individual coffee makers with plenty of pods. For Hilton Honors members they have a buffet where any time of the day or night you can help yourself to complimentary fruit, yogurt, snacks and drinks. The complimentary breakfasts are fairly good--not if you are a health fanatic but certainly a wide range of breakfast choices. The location couldn't be better--both on the river next to Sacramento's iconic bridge and beside the running trails along the river and on the Capitol Mall--the grand street leading up to the State Capitol. Rooms on the river and Mall side are quiet--avoid the ones on the freeway side. Staff is very nice--they rushed to get my room ready when I arrived even though it was before check in time--at the NY Hilton, in contrast, arriving early is more likely, in my experience, to get you a rebuke and a reminder that it isn't check in time yet.
The room has plenty of outlets for techies including by the bed. My only complaint is that the fitness center is not open 24 hours--bad for people coming from earlier time zones. (It is not a great fitness center either, but with the river trails right beside the hotel, and the fabulous Sacramento weather, that isn't a big deal.)

Room Tip: ask for the river side of the hotel, not the freeway side
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked this hotel for location near capitol & the cooked to order breakfast & reception included in our rate. You can see the capitol from hear in all its glory & of course the river & freeway. When you book, you are given the option for possible upgrades if rooms are available. I chose Premium suite & was happy to learn when we arrived that we were upgraded. Yes there was a slightly extra charge but it was worth it.
We arrived with only 30 minutes left on the evening reception. There were basic snacks, (chips & veggies), soda & then mixed drinks, wine & beer. We had very good mixed drinks. We ended up eating dinner here as well & enjoyed that. The breakfast was good as well with a breakfast buffet & cooked to order omelettes. The upgrade also gave us access to free snacks, drinks & upgraded coffee/tea. If you've read my other reviews you probably have notice I like my coffee. In the rooms there is a keurig coffee maker with basic coffee that is ok. In the snack area there is starbuck dark roast so I was thrilled. (I would bring my own if all hotels were consistent in the types of machines they use).
The kids enjoyed the pool
My only complaint would be that in room #416 the bathroom door was very hard to close & since it is in the middle of the room it would be nice if there was a fan for an added sense of privacy. Oh & it was a slightly difficult to get here from North I-5 but that may have been my GPS's fault.

Room Tip: upgrade or request upgrade to premium suite
1 Thank sabbysguide
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I stay at this hotel when we are in Sacramento which is about three to four times per year. Our experience has always been pleasant and fun. The hotel is conveniently located to down town Sacramento State Capitol and Old Town Sacramento on the Sacramento River, a fun place to see with lots of history. I believe you will enjoy your stay and the price is reasonable and the employees are professional and courteous.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

San Jose, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We came to Sacramento for a wedding, but the real highlight was our stay here. The room was clean and we had a beautiful view of the river and the bridge that lit up at night. It was walking distance to Old Sac. The breakfast was FAN-tastic! We enjoyed the jazz band that was playing at the hotel restaurant overlooking the river. The stay was heavenly. We were so sad to leave.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river. And be sure to get a floor that places you higher than the trees!
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

If you like Embassy Suites, you will love this hotel. We have stayed at many other Embassy Suites and the Sacramento hotel is by far the most modern, clean and well run of any we have stayed in. Great location right next to the river, walking distance to many great restaurants and very close to freeway access. Very glad we booked our stay with them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Red Bluff, CA
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was invited to a special River Cats game, and found this hotel right across the river from the stadium. Walking to and from was beautiful and safe. Asked for a view room if available when we checked in, and got a super 4th floor vista of the night-lighted bridge. For 2 ladies (mom and daughter), this location provided excellent safe and secure access to our 2 day- adventure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank rivergait
Oakland, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront was a refreshing experience especially after a long and fun day at Sacramento State Fair. The accomodations were clean and comfortable. It was quiet and inviting. The complimentary breakfast was the best. The service from one of the ladies in particular was just outstanding. She was older probably 40s or 50s and was so nice. Because I was using my walker she went out of her way to assist me by bringing me my food, etc. the service from her was just outstanding. The cook was good too.

1 Thank Ladonna M
Travellers also viewed these Sacramento hotels
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza
Delta King
Delta King
#18 of 81 in Sacramento

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade? Share your experiences!