“embassy suite that hits expectations”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Exactly what you come to expect from an Embassy chain. Good breakfast, rooms are a bit dated, always enjoy the happy hour. Perfectly located within walking distance to Old Town, river and capital building.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor overlooking the river. Is road noise as hotel is next to a major freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Perfect spot to explore the Sacramento river bike trail and environment. Loved having the bridge view, while being close to the Rivercats Stadium and Old Sacramento with the Train Museum. Also it is a great area to walk. Looking down the Capital Mall. . . .one sees the majestic capital building. A great getaway. The Embassy Suites has a great location and the interior environment is clean, up to date with fabulous breakfast and cocktail hour staff. Everyone had pride in their jobs.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the only hotel we ever stay while in the Sacramento area! Even though we are away from home (Virginia), we always feel like were "at home" at Embassy! This hotel offers great service, quality amenities, an outstanding management who is always available and ready to make our stay the best it can be! For us...it's the Embassy Suites Riverfront in Sacramento! Thanks Embassy "Family"!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Bfast is great but there needs to be a new management team. First I arrived and wanted a bell person to take the luggage in one of the carts I could see - up to the room. No - but we will meet you at the elevator (which is a walk or a drive away). I'f have happliy given the guy 5 bucks but...So I go to the elevator and carry the luggage to the elevator and wait - no one shows. I call "he will be there soon"/ Skip it. later to the pool. I call "towels are avaliable at the pool". Nope they are out - I actually see staff walking around but no one is tasked with looking at the obvious towel shelf. I walk back to the room dripping. Then leaving the next morning i ask that the room be made up before noon, "no problem". I return at 12:30 - room not made up. 12:40 housekeeping knocks. I call and complain - "sp sorry"/ The rooms are nice - the location is very good - I will stay here again. But whoever owns this place needs a management shake up or it will be downhill.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelregent
Marcus R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We apologize for the negative experience that you encountered. We will take your feedback to share with the staff so that we can improve in these areas. We would love to have you back next time you are in Sacramento to experience the service that you deserve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I arrived late in the evening after a 6 hour flight, around 10pm. I was starving and was eager to get to the room and order before the restaurant closed at 11pm. Checked in and went up to the room...it was already occupied by an older couple already in bed (super awkward). Went back down and they argued amongst themselves about how it could have happened and sent the maintenance guy up and down to/from the occupied room to find out while I stood there waiting. Took them a half an hour to find another room. Got to the new room and called to order food, but they said they were closing and wouldn't take anymore orders. So frustrated. They offered to comp a night, but it was paid for by work so it was really no benefit to me personally. Didn't offer anything different. To top it off, they put me in a room with a door that opens to a meeting room. They started meetings and woke me up at 630am. On the flipside, it's in a good location near Old Town. We walked over and ate at the Firehouse - really good carpaccio! Bed and bathroom was nice.

Room Tip: No adjoining room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We apologize for your experience upon your arrival. This is something that I was not aware of when you stayed here. Please contact me directly at 916-326-5025 so I can address this with you.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great hotel! Close to the ballpark and has very nice amenities. Hotel was selected for a company meeting and we all walked to the Rivercats' baseball game after our meeting. The evening coctail reception was great! My wife accompanied me and enjoyed her stay also. We would be pleased to stay there again and recommend the hotel to travelers staying in Sacramento.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Chose to stay at Embassy Suites whilst in Sacramento for a wedding. Very handy to the reception and close to Downtown (although shopping centre undergoing renovations). Great to stay in a hotel which offers a cooked breakfast. The omelettes were great! Thanks very much for professional service. Hotel has an appealing quaintness about it

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Travellers also viewed these Sacramento hotels
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
#4 of 83 in Sacramento
Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade? Share your experiences!