See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My kids were very tired from a long trip from another state, so when we got to the motel the staff came out and greeted them before we went to the room with candy lollipops and made our stay better. My room was exactly what I wanted. The room was very comfortable, clean and had a relaxing vibe to it. I called the staff for questions about the area and they were very helpful and calm. Housekeeping gave me extra towels and said knew how it felt to travel with four kids: she was very kind to us. I encourage you all to come stay here. I just loved it here. Thank you for a relaxing week.

Room Tip: Let the staff choose for you, tell them what you need and they will hook it up for you!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I am from Canada. I stayed here for two nights with my family. It is a clean and safe place. The staff here are very kind I asked for more towels and I got extras very quickly. The breakfast was easy and simple for me and my family to start our mornings.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank romita9
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I have to say that out of all the places I've stayed with my family this place is the BEST! FROM the housecleaning to management they get a A++++ the rooms are clean top to bottom, the front desk staff are very professional and courteous, very welcoming and are compassionate.
The rates are very good, and have a great Rewards program.
They handle any issues with professionalism and they always have great smiles on their faces.
Kudos to RED ROOF INN NORTH SACRAMENTO FOR BEIMG A GREAT PLACE!! AND I wanna give a extra thank you the manager Brittany for always being accommodating to our needs with our stays THERE!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pinkib916
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Sketchy doesn't begin to describe it. I knew this was location was not in the best part of town, but I had no idea management would treat me like I was a prostitute or a john.

This is an older facility in a sketchy part of town. The rooms were recently remodeled but the stench of cleanser was overpowering (what are they trying to cover up?), the laminate wood floors were sticky (thank god I noticed that before taking off my shoes) and the exterior looks like crap.

Within minutes of checking in, I received a phone call informing me of a family emergency. I checked out of the room after approx 30 minutes, but the manager refused to extend a refund because I had been in the room more than 15 minutes. I am neither a prostitute nor a john, and I am outraged that I was treated as such. Even after contacting Corporate Guest Services I was refused a refund. All I got was an offer for a voucher for a free night; which is completely worthless since I will NEVER STAY AT RED ROOF AGAIN.

The front desk person was nice enough and tried to be helpful, but was overruled by the manager. I filed a complaint with Red Roof corporate but they could (or would) not help me.

I used to think Red Roof was a reputable chain, but I now know they care nothing for their customers or reputation, and haven't a clue what good customer service looks like.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

The staff was courteous and very helpful except the day manager Beth. She was rude and unprofessional. Otherwise it was wonderful. Quiet, clean and spacious. Nice choice for me and the price was good.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family