See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Let me start by saying that I have stayed at the Red Roof near SFO many times and always found it clean, comfortable and safe, which is why I did not check reviews before booking at the RRI on Watt in Sacramento... will NEVER book RRI without checking reviews again!
I generally do not like to write negative reviews, but this place deserves it. After driving 10+ hours to skirt the wildfires and road closures in Northern CA, the first clue was the security guard by the office, and the second was that they copied id's for each adult in the room.
We were exhausted by the time we got to the room (about 10:30 pm). Chilled for a little while and went to bed. Noisy! People talking loudly and dogs barking (seemed to be right outside our door) and later (2 am!), sounds from a woman (hooker?) having sex. Finally got to sleep after that only to be awakened at 7am by (sounded like) a kid coughing/sneezing/etc, again, sounded like right outside our door.
When it got to the loud sex, we would have left right then had we not been so exhausted and if we had not felt unsafe at that hour.
In the morning, we got out of there as fast as we could. I didn't even want to take a shower! There were cigarette burns on the rim of the tub near the toilet, and in general, the room was not up to the clean standards I expect from RRI.
To sum it up, I would rather sleep in the car!

Room Tip: Don't!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2017

This motel opened as a Red Roof last year and was renovated, so the rooms are nice, if a bit small. But I wonder how long they will stay looking nice with the type of "guests" that stay there. Many seemed more like residents paying monthly or weekly rates. Many looked like homeless or criminal types. They were noisy in the middle of the night and left garbage in the parking lot. Security guards patrol the lot at night to keep out visitors, but did nothing about the guests' behavior. Once in the elevator, I saw a smoked cigarette. Another time I saw an empty liquor bottle. The room next to mine in particular seemed to have some sketchy activity going on in it--several people seemed to be coming, going, and living in there. When I left I complained to the front desk person who showed little interest and denied the motel had permanent residents. I'm not stupid though--I know what that kind of clientele looks like (there are several motels like that in my area). I did not feel threatened by them nor did I witness any obvious criminal activity. Everyone needs a place to stay, I'm not trying to sound condemning of them, but I think a motel should be honest about what type of place it is. As for my room, it had a CA king bed and there was not much room to move around. The room was a little damaged (see my pics), but also it was missing some things such as the iron and board (which they advertised as having), a tissue box on the bathroom wall that I am used to seeing in most motels, and any "do not disturb" signs (got one from the front desk). The clock was unplugged and when I plugged it in, it did not work. There was an unplugged lamp because there was no plug near it. The room did have Direct TV with a lot of channels and a flat screen. Room was fairly nice looking but I wonder how long any of them will stay that way. Breakfast was average. The North Highlands is not the nicest part of Sacramento Co. There are some sketchy neighborhoods around the area and police driving by the motel with sirens blaring was a daily occurrence. The price was affordable but not worth all the negatives in my opinion,

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Humboldtus
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

1 night visit ,cut it short ,was very noisy and could not sleep.lots of traffic and camotion..Will not revisit ..But staff was wonderful..Very helpful and polite.and the inn was very clean.near places to eat and shop

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My kids were very tired from a long trip from another state, so when we got to the motel the staff came out and greeted them before we went to the room with candy lollipops and made our stay better. My room was exactly what I wanted. The room was very comfortable, clean and had a relaxing vibe to it. I called the staff for questions about the area and they were very helpful and calm. Housekeeping gave me extra towels and said knew how it felt to travel with four kids: she was very kind to us. I encourage you all to come stay here. I just loved it here. Thank you for a relaxing week.

Room Tip: Let the staff choose for you, tell them what you need and they will hook it up for you!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I am from Canada. I stayed here for two nights with my family. It is a clean and safe place. The staff here are very kind I asked for more towels and I got extras very quickly. The breakfast was easy and simple for me and my family to start our mornings.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family