“Best Bargain in Town” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Blythe, United States
“Best Bargain in Town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you are looking for a low cost room for the night, this place, like all Motel 6's is just fine. I have stayed here many times and I find the rooms to be just like many Motel 6's I have stayed in. Occasionally, I have stayed in a brand new Motel 6, or one in a really touristy area, and those are sometimes nicer. It is true that this particular Motel has prostitutes operating out of the place, but I have never felt unsafe or uncomfortable in any way. They do have a security guard that patrols the parking lot at night, and I park my car there with no worries. I admit that I prefer the amenities, location, feel, etc., of a higher cost hotel such as the Fairfield Inn or the Hilton which are close by, but I will spend more than twice as much to stay at the nicer hotels. In sum, if you are looking for the best bargain room in town, this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter and I feel safer being on that side since it is in clear view of...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank Donald W

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

i made a reservation for two beds they had me down for one. it was drugs and prostitutes. they gave me an upstairs room the people downstairs complained about my kids so much that they wanted to evict us after i paid. they wouldn't except my credit card i had to locate a atm a half mile away. coffee was available no cups 1 ice machine. maid never came to clean my husband and i asked 6 times. i would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank lovelymomma6
Enterprise, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was robbed within two minutes of being there. Went to get help from managment and was told we could not review there security footage. My car keys were one of items stolen so while sitting by the car to make sure it wasn't taken we saw prostitutes and everything else you can imagine. I did not even dare to go to sleep but had to stay there until I could get new keys for my car the next day. Management was absoultely no help. The officer that took my report asked what in the world we were doing in this part of town. They need a big sign saying do not exit here HIGH CRIME AREA!!! Would not be surprised to find out management is involved with everything going on there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Blane F
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sacramento South, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Blane F - We apologize for the security and service issues you experienced during your stay with us. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Fulton, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

If you're a prostitute or john, you'll love this Motel 6. But if you're not, and are awakened several times in the middle of the night by a woman alternately screaming as if being stabbed and giggling in the room next door, don't complain or ask for another room or you'll be put on the motel's "Do not rent" list. Even if you've stayed there many times in the past, the manager apparently makes more money renting rooms to "that nice elderly Japanese gentleman" who couldn't possibly have a prostitute or very enthusiastic girlfriend in his room and he'll wait until the morning of the reservation you made 4 weeks before to have the Cancellation desk call you and inform you your reservation has been canceled because of a disturbance the time you stayed there 3 weeks earlier. And don't bother calling Guest Relations either, because they'll say they can't do anything and you'll have to talk with the manager. That would be the same manager who repeatedly refused to speak to you because he doesn't want to admit that Tom Bodett leaves the light on for prostitutes and their customers but not for people who complain about them.

But if you are turned away, there is a new Red Roof Inn a half block away that charges only $10 more and is a way better deal with nicer rooms and amenities like WiFi, flat-screen TV, microwave, fridge, continental breakfast, friendly staff, and an ever-present security guard. And pets are welcome. Actually, Motel 6 did me a big favor by refusing to rent to me.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are further from freeway noise but out of view of watchful eyes - more conducive...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Alice S
Castro Valley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have stayed few times at Motel 6 in numerous locations and have had good experience; so looking for just a place to sleep and then depart, I looked for a Motel 6 in the area so it can end up being a reasonable stay. When I walked in to register, I did not feel welcome - I had to say hello and then received a very cold hello back. I had specifically reserved a room with 2 beds (2 children in tow) and non-smoking. The room looked clean but when it came time for sleeping, I couldn't sleep as my pillow reeked of smell of cigarette. I did find it odd that there was an ashtray in a supposed non-smoking room. When I checkout & was asked if I find everything to my liking, I did mention the pillow & I was told that I should have called the desk & asked for another pillow!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Margeskk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The manager was rude and unprofessional!!
We were a large group and we had reservations. We got here at 3pm to check in they told us rooms weren't ready and to come back at 4pm!! WTH!! Our rooms smell and the management sucks!! I don't care if its a cheap motel it's called customer service!! I can see now that I should have done my homeworker this place got a lot of bad reviews!! Not surprised

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Mssoccermom
Carson City, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was, by far, the most disgusting hotel/motel I have ever stayed in. My husband, two children and myself needed basic accomodations. This motel did not even fit that bill. I found hair and bugs in the shower, a cockroach next to the bedside table, a previous guests' litter behind the side table and next to the bed. The sheets had holes in them, the mattresses were stained with who knows what.The "non-smoking" room smells like smoke and wet dog. On a positive note, I checked for bed bugs and found none, I think. I'm pretty sure we saw drug deals and a little prostitute business going on. On our return from the LMFAO concert we went to Sacramento to see, a police officer questioned our return into the Motel 6 parking lot. This is a great motel if you want a dingy place to sell drugs or turn tricks. One other positive thing-the front desk people were nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Dawnne H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove

Been to Motel 6 Sacramento South? Share your experiences!