“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Oregon
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I quite enjoyed a recent stay at the RR Inn in Rancho Cordova. Freeway close to everywhere, good selection of local restaurants, great staff and the most amazing coffee machine ever. Beds were comfy and whiles there was a bit of freeway and local street noise, it was tolerable. The King Suites represent terrific value.

Room Tip: Top Floor away from the freeway is a good bet. If you're a lite sleeper, bring white noise mach...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bruce3404
Fatima P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about Red Roof Inn. Although your review was not meant for us, but rather the property in Rancho Cordova, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at a Red Roof Inn. We do hope you try us out sometime in the future. Our rooms are newly renovated with flat screen TVs, hardwood floors, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers in each room. We also have a continental breakfast, free WiFi, and a business center with 24 hour Starbucks coffee located in the lobby. Red Roof Inn is also a pet friendly hotel where your pets stay for free. We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brea, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I usually dont write any negative review or comment. This is the first, hopefully the last also.
I got a room in second floor facing the street. Cannot sleep at night, there is a gap underneath the door, all sound from neighbor, street traffic, even loud radio from car passing by. Around midnight hours, neighbors would be screaming at each other in Spanish, running up and down the stair. It was a terrible night with no rest. I doubt they clean the laminated wood floor, because my white socks turned black after walking around unpacking my bag, washing my face and ironing my clothes.

Dont stay here

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kc302u
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Red Roof Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations so I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Your review has been brought to the attention of my entire staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We have done a thorough check up of the rooms and taken steps for maintaining the best cleanliness in the rooms and premises. Since our hotel is located near busy streets, we have installed dual-pane windows to reduce noise. Also, since we are an outdoor corridor property, we have security at night for your safety and convenience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, however, I do wish you had contacted the Front Desk so that we could taken care of your problems right away. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by calling 916-688-0248, should you wish to discuss this further. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The lovely young lady working the front desk, Paula, was extremely helpful! There are a lot of restaurants within a couple of blocks walking distance and she ran down our choices for us. when we chose Indian food she quickly looked up the addresses and hours of the two places nearby. One closed at nine the other at ten. It was well after eight so this was very helpful in making our choice. She did all this I might add while still helping other customers on the phone.
The room was newly remodeled and pleasant as well.
Phil and Carol H

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank rosey525 .
Fatima P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Red Roof Inn Sacramento/Elk Grove. We are thrilled to hear you had a positive experience at our Inn, and that our staff was so helpful. We strive on customer service. I am glad Paula helped you find what you were looking for, as there are so many restaurants nearby. I will definitely share this review with her. As you know, our rooms are newly remodeled with flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers in each room. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I’ve stayed in Red Roof Inns over the last few years while road tripping. They are a budget hotel that can be hit or miss. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Red Roof Inn had been renovating some of their properties to be Red Roof Inn Plus properties.

What I noticed when I went to the Elk Grove location where some of these new amenities. The lobby looked upgraded, there was a separate dining area where the complimentary breakfast was served. Starbucks coffee and tea were available 24 hours. Upon check-in, I received two bottles of water – which I needed as I was parched! The front desk clerk was very nice and really made me feel welcome.

The outside looks like a typical budget hotel, but let me tell you about the inside. It blew my expectations with one glance. I loved the modern feel, the king size bed that was oh so comfy (later found out it was a Serta), and the flat screen TV was a nice touch. I’m a sucker for hard wood floors so I really liked that they had faux wood floors instead of carpet. They have full-size mini fridges and microwaves too.

As a techie I was happily surprised to see the extra electrical outlets as my devices needed to be charged up. The WiFi was fast which is often a big issue for me.

One thing to note though is that because this Red Roof sits on a major road there is a bit of traffic noise. I just put on some music and I didn’t mind it at all. If you are sensitive to sound, make sure to ask for an interior room.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, choose an interior room/
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Red Roof Inn Sacramento/Elk Grove. We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience at our Inn. As you know, our rooms are newly remodeled with flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers in each room. We are glad that you enjoyed our Free Wif-Fi, and had easy access to plug in your devices. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was a non-smoking "suite", and it WREAKED of nicotine. The wall by one bed was absolutely gross with dirt, and the headboard on the big bed had huge, greasy spots on it. The tub in one bathroom had cigarette burns on it. Corners had built up dirt. The ceiling over the toilets had nicotine sweat dots, along with mold above the showers. The front door was very dirty on the inside, too. My new white socks got filthy as I got undressed to go to bed; that's how dirty the floor was. I was awakened by two men having a loud conversation across the way from our room outside at 3:20 a.m. In spite of all this, I had no intentions of complaining, we just planned to get out ASAP in the morning, and had decided to never stay there again. However, we got up in the morning to find that there was no hot water, and that was it! I called the front desk and was told the owner was on his way. My husband heated water in the coffee pot for us to sponge bathe with. Kathy, I believe it was, at the front desk was very nice when we stopped there on our way out. She, at first, offered us 15% off our "next stay", and I could only laugh at that. I told her we would never stay there again, not even for free. The continental breakfast is minimal, at best, so if you're hungry, go to a restaurant. In general, this place is not nice at all, and the owner never did show up before we left. So much for concern over your business.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Margie G
Fatima P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us at Red Roof Inn of Sacramento/Elk Grove. We are truly sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory as a hotel we take full responsibility for guest dissatisfaction. We appreciate all of our guest feedback as it helps us to improve our services and product for the future. We will use all of your concerns for the training purposes to ensure these situations do not reoccur. I hope by providing a full refund for your stay during check out was helpful and will give us an opportunity to serve you once again. As a manager I am very happy to hear that our morning front desk staff was helpful.

Fatima Prakash
Ortonville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights while searching for a home in the area. We choose the Red Roof Inn after searching the internet for pet friendly lodging (we were moving with our 2 house-trained cats). We were fortunate enough to get a suite, which made the extended stay much more enjoyable. The complimentary morning breakfast is very good and comes with Starbucks coffee. The hotel was very clean and we felt safe while staying at the Inn. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaint is that the beds were kind of hard and that we could not always connect to the wireless internet from our room. The internet worked well in the lobby and I was able to work regularly from that location during our stay.

Room Tip: If you have a family and pets, I highly recommend the suite for a minimal extra cost.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fatima P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Red Roof Inn Sacramento/Elk Grove. I am so glad to hear that you had a nice stay at our hotel. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel where all pets stay for free. Our suites are specious with two separate rooms and two bathrooms and two separate flat screen TVs these rooms are designed for larger families or for travelers that wish to have their own space.
I would like to take this opportunity and apologize for the WIFI connection not being as strong in your room as it was in the lobby. However, it was a pleasure talking with you every morning during breakfast hours and getting to know your family. Thank you for staying with us at Red Roof Inn Sacramento/Elk Grove it was our pleasure serving you.
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I arrived to this hotel in the late evening and having not eaten all day. The staff here welcomed me and went out of their way to make sure I got something to eat. They were very helpful and friendly overall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fatima P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Red Roof Inn Sacramento/Elk Grove. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was able to make your stay memorable and went out of their to ensure you were able to find something to eat in the area. We are very fortunate to have a wide selection of restaurants within walking or driving distance.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove

Been to Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!