“Southern Food at its Best!”

The Porch Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Porch Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,003 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 18th & K Streets
Santa Rosa, California
“Southern Food at its Best!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Okay, I'm from NorCal, I'm used to many different kinds of food. But after living in Memphis, Georgia, and Alabama, it was hard to find the real southern food here that I experienced in those wonderful southern places...that is until I experienced "The Porch!" I took my boyfriend, daughter, son, his girlfriend and my granddaughter for her 6th birthday. I was finally able to let them experience what good southern food taste like:) We had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Catfish, poor boy, and that crazy burger with chicken and Mac and cheese on it..Wow! The décor was great, excellent service from Kyle who brought my granddaughter a scoop of delicious cream cheese ice cream with a candle in it:). The drinks..yeah! Blueberry lemonade and real cream soda. The menu had the date on it! Yes! The food is that fresh:) Our server offered the menu to take home as a keepsake to remember my granddaughters birthday:) I Highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2014

ca
“Southern deliciousness!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I went here last weekend after eating here twice before and loving it. The atmosphere is simple and relaxing and the service is excellent. We ordered the Brie and jam appetizer and it melted in my mouth! I had the shrimp and grits which were fabulous while my husband ordered the fried chicken which is a huge portion of 3 pieces of chicken,biscuit and 2 sides of your choice. Unfortunately we didn't have any room for dessert but we have in the
past and have enjoyed it very much. Great place if you love southern food with fresh ingredients as they shop local and the menu changes accordingly.

• Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
“Excellent place for brunch!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had brunch with the family here recently and we weren't disappointed. You will need reservations if you arrive on the later side of brunch as this place does fill up. Everything we ordered was excellent but you cannot miss the deep fried pork belly.

• Visited May 2014
Citrus Heights, California, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was a late Sunday afternoon. The four of us started out with one order of Tuscaloosa Fried Green Tomatoes (yummy) followed by a three REAL whiskey sours (the bar list was extensive each drink with named core ingredients). We were inspired! The overall atmosphere on/at The Porch is reminiscent of a grand old southern plantation home complete with white linens covering the tables. Although we were just out exploring, we realized we'd found the right place for our Sunday evening dinner. On to our entrees. Between chicken fried steak, buttermilk fried free range chicken and a beautifully prepared salmon dish we were transported and fully immersed on that old Deep South charm. And, we were so happy with our selections. Perfect! We shared a desert--which was also edxcellent--but for some reason my notes don't tell me what it was. We very much enjoyed ourselves. Excellent service, great food--real southern cooking--and overall a dinner wrapped in good ol' Southern Charm. Highly recommended. Oh, yes: Leave your calorie counting smartphone in the car. Your mouth and sense of well-being will be very happy you did.

• Visited June 2014
Sacramento
“Mother's Day Breakfast”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent choice for brunch or lunch. Great atmosphere, Southern style cocktails accompanied by delicious food. Especially loved the beignet with homemade jam and the cheesy grits. Will be bringing the other side of the family in the future.

• Visited May 2014