“Fun, Funky Place - Great Bartender!”
Review of Shady Lady Saloon

Shady Lady Saloon
Ranked #82 of 2,000 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Davis, California
“Fun, Funky Place - Great Bartender!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Visited for the first time before dinner at the Magpie. Not sure I'd come for the food (didn't try anything), but we sat at the bar and sipped wine while chatting with a fantastic bartender! He had his hands full with a large crowd but was cheerful and attentive to all. Would definitely come back for more brews or vino and to enjoy some local music.

• Visited November 2013

Fair Oaks, California
“Great for lunch”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I go to Shady Lady for lunch fairly frequently. They have an awesome skirt steak salad. I think it's the only thing I ever get. It's a good choice for lunch, in part because there are always open tables and the booths are roomy (good for small meetings).

• Visited October 2013
sacramento
“Atmosphere, cocktails, and great food”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I am not a person who likes to go out regularly (I travel often) so when I do take the plunge for a night out in Sacramento, the ONLY place I consider is Shady Lady. The atmosphere is bar none the BEST in town. Some might think Shady Lady is too "cool" from the exterior but fear not -- the people are friendly, the service is excellent and most importantly the cocktails authentic, robust and well worth the price! The food is also stellar, with choices ranging from lighter meals -- Grilled hearts of Romain Caesar or Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Salads are my favorites -- to the more hearty -- Shady Lady Cheeseburger with caramelized onions and garlic mayo or Fried Chicken with macaroni and cheese are my husbands go to choices. Every now and then we venture to try something "new" in Sacramento and we always find ourselves finishing our night at Shady Lady, often wishing we had just started it there!

Sacramento, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality Cocktails, Ambiance, and Food”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Been going to the Shady Lady for years now and I still love it. Relaxing in their big leather booths enjoying cocktails, dinner, and live music is always a great time. My favorite cocktails are the Old Cuban and French 75 and pretty much everything on the food menu is delicious - try the charcuterie plate, pork rinds, or fried green tomatoes. The fact that they serve their entire menu until midnight has definitely saved me a hangover or two the next morning!

The spot is also great for hanging out during the day - I'm pretty sure their brunch on Saturday and Sunday is the best kept secret in Sacramento - blueberry pancakes, chimichangas, beignets, bloody marys, mimosas... I love to bring my dog and sit on the patio.

1 Thank Karrie R
Sacramento, California, United States
“Excellent Cocktails and Tasty Bar Food”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Fun bar with food. The cocktails are the thing in this establishment, with pre-Prohibition recipes taking the forefront. I recommend the house concoction, White Linen, sort of a cucumber mojito. It's refreshing on a hot day,light and delicate. Order an Aviation, you are more likely to get a blank stare than a drink in most establishments, but Shady Lady will serve one up without hesitation. Happy hour has pleasant eats at fair prices. Even the Charcouterie Board at $25 is a good deal, variety and some unique treats.