“Comfortable like home”

Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My stay was fabulous. I really loved the comfortable beds and pillows. The room was so clean, nice, and big. The breakfast was delicious. I am looking forward to be there soon. The environment is very safe. People over there are really nice. They help us with the directions.

• Stayed: September 2013
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

A home like experience is what we thrieve to provide. It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback from our guest. We thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Yosemite NP. Elevator broken, Ice machine out of order, overall a dirty run down old hotel. The visitor center in town was very helpful. Lots of great infomation and ideas for side trips.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bluebells411

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that we missed to make your stay a satisfactory one. We have recently updated our ice machine and have asked the elevator company to make safety inspections during off peak hours. We have also completed partial renovations. I look forward to an opportunity to better serve you on your next visit to our town.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

One of the hotels I used to stay at years ago when in Sacramento on business. After this last trip... no more. Just too many things that management has given up on, which is a shame. Building is falling down around their ears. Everything inside the rooms are now totally and completely worn out.

Desk staff are helpless and that is also tough to see. Think the best thing for the owner to do is leave the hotel business at this point.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Eric VanGlider E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I am disappointed that we missed the mark to make your stay a satisfactory one. In March of 2013 we finished partial renovations which included fresh paint inside and out, repaving the parking lot, updated lighting inside and out, new televisions and more. We will soon have new bedding and shears to complete our renovations. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

my husband and I travel to Sacramento about once a month to visit our granddaughter. We always stay here because the rooms are comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and the staff is exceptionally nice. It feels like home. the pool and spa are clean and the exercise room is well equipped. The free breakfast has too many options to list and the dining area is kept very clean and stocked during breakfast hours.

Room Tip: we have stayed several times and found all of the rooms to be fairly quiet, not much traffic noise e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. Your feedback will serve as encouragement for our entire team. We look forward to providing you with same great experience on your next visit to our town.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Room was okay but aircon was centrally controlled and consequently very cold overnight.
Breakfast was average for USA but not enough room in room for everyone to sit.
Man on reception was helpful about transport to the baseball if a little miserable on first meeting.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Gacco29
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am disappointed that we missed the opportunity to make your stay more comfortable. All our rooms have individual Heating/Airconditioning units with digital thermostat to provide you a more comfortable stay. Thermostats are located on the wall in each room adjacent to the bed. We will also open up more seating in our meeting room to accomodate more people during breakfast. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated and will help us improve our accomodations and services. My team and I look forward to better serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was my 2nd stay there. I first went in 2009 and decided to go back there because I had a good stay then (no problems at all, and a good overall impression). This time in 2013, it was different. The negative outweighed the positives, and I will not go back.

I stayed there for almost a week in July 2013. I was in a room on the first floor. In 2009, I was on the 2nd floor.

Here are my positives and negatives for my 2013 stay.
(+) Friendly staff
(+) Decent breakfast, included in price
(+) Room included microwave and small fridge

(-) Can only be accessed from one side of Howe Ave
(-) Floor was very dirty: the bottom of my socks were dark after a few minutes of moving around in the room. I think they have not washed the carpet for a very, very long time.
(-) Very old furniture that looked used and stained
(-) The "Free wi-fi" worked sporadicly and when it did, it was often very slow and/or problematic.
(-) The door keys I was given did not work (I was given 2, for me and my partner)! I had to go to the reception EVERYDAY to reset the keys because they would not open the door to the room or the doors to the hotel. I was explained that I had to keep the keys away from any magnet or cell phone, which I did, but the keys still had problems. Then, another time, the key would work for the room, but not for the back door to the hotel. I was told that sometimes they did that on purpose???!!! Extremely annoying.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms might be cleaner and have newer furniture.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank CaliNini
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay. I am disappointed that we failed to make your stay a satisfactory one. Please accept my sincere apology. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do regarding access in and out of the hotel. On July 12th we had Cintas clean and sanitize carpet throughout the hotel. We are upgrading our highspeed internet speed to 50mbps starting August. I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Room was very large. It had 2 queen beds plus a couch. There was a note from Raj Naria, CHA General Manager welcoming us and acknowledging our Elite Gold status. Snacks were left as well as 2 bottles of water in the refrigerator. This was very nice. The shower was good as was breakfast. The internet was slow but as we arrived late, I did not call and ask about any problems. We would definitely stay again if in the area in future.

Room Tip: We requested a first floor room at booking and our request was honored. The room was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that your stay with us was satisfactory. I have contacted our internet service provider and our technical support department to provide a more optimized internet surfing experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.