“Difficult staff, poor reservation systems”

Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area
Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have regularly stayed at this motel in the past, but will not do so in the future.
First, there was no record of my reservation - - I had the reservation print-out to show them, then confusion regarding the origins of this reservation.
I have now been charged twice for the same stay. This dispute, now six weeks old, has not yet been resolved. My credit card company is handling this issue.
The rooms are comfortable and it is a good value.
The cleaning team is very good and I always leave them a gratuity when I leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and towards the back of the building away from traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pattitraveler72
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my most sincere apology for your inconvenience. I am highly disappointed that my team failed to meet your expectations. I hope that we have resolved the billing issue to your satisfaction by now. However, if the issue is still pending kindly email me directly and I will get it resolved for you today. Guest satisfaction is always priority one for all of us at Comfort Inn & Suites of Sacramento. I hope you will give us an opportunity to make things right and maintain your trust. My direct email is comfortinnsacramento@gmail.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

As a student/traveling RN on a budget, this hotel met all my needs: conveniences (closes to CSUS and all major highways), budget friendly, but most important of all great customer services. Raj was extremely helpful when it comes to booking my room and assisting me with all my I.T issues (i.e. connecting to WIFI on my laptop). He went above and beyond. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, which was critical because I am a light sleeper. Overall, this was a great experiences and I will definitely revisit this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments. I am pleased that you had a great experience at our hotel and that I was able to help troubleshoot the internet connection. One of the perks we offer our guests is the 24 hour free technical Internet connectivity support. Thank you for your willingness to share your experience. We look forward to serving you on your future trips to Sacramento.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is the 5th time I've stayed here and quite simply I don't go anywhere else when in Sacramento.The professional and friendly approach that Raj and his staff constantly display is why I go back there. The location is central, the hotel amenities are great and the rooms are always spotless.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

For all of us at Comfort Inn & Suites of Sacramento, earning trust & guest loyalty is of the utmost importance. I am happy that we are able to maintain your confidence & earn repeat business. Thank you for sharing your experince. We look forward to serving you with same great service on all future visits.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Hotel is located on a busy Sacramento Avenue. Get a room in back of hotel.
Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Maid service by husband and wife team was wonderful. Clean and updated rooms. Hotel looked like new, yet was several years built.
Rates for such a convenient big city location, are most reasonable. Breakfast service was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in back of hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased that you found the staff to be wonderful & breakfast to be very good. I look forward to your next stay when you are in Sacramento.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The rooms I stayed were newly renovated with large flat screen TV, and a very comfortable bed.
The location of the hotel is very close to downtown Sacramento and main highways. This will be my hotel of choice every time I come to Sacramento.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experince at the Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento. It is always pleasing to get feedback of improvements noticed by the guest. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very clean - but in a not so great area. VERY friendly staff and quiet. Had no problem at all and would stay here again. The indoor pool was a treat and the breakfast was fresh and not bad at all. An excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Comfort Inn & Suites of Sacramento is one of the very few hotels in the area to offer a year round indoor heated pool & spa. Our "Your Morning Breakfast" is also designed with the guest in mind and offer a wide variety of hot & cold items. It truly is an excellent value and I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. Please visit us again when in the Sacramento area.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location of the hotel was perfect for visiting the Sacramento State University campus. The room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for its convenient location and affordable price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Comfort Inn & Suites of Sacramento is one of the closest hotel to the California State University Sacramento Campus. The hotel also offers discounts for CSUS students, staff, and faculty. I am pleased that you found the bed & the room to be very comfortable. I look forward to serving you on your next visit to our city.