Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area
  • Restaurant
US$103
US$100
US$92
All reviewshowe avenuesac stateindoor poolu turnroom was cleanwafflesexercise roomdecent breakfastconvenient locationfitness centersized bedgas stationwould stay againcoffee makercleaning staffvery nice stayhard boiled eggs
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed at Comfort Inn and Suites during a heat spell in Sacramento. The lobby was cool and welcoming. They had a pitcher of water with orange slices in it was was so refreshing we kept going for more. The staff was courteous and check in was easy. Our room was nice and clean. There was a table and two chairs where you can sit and work. Outlets were conveniently located on the base of the table lamps and the wifi was reasonably fast. The air conditioner worked perfectly and we slept soundly in our cool room. The breakfast was okay. Lots of choices, like eggs ans sausage or dry cereal, bagels, yogurt, hot waffles, coffee and orange juice. There's a small pool and an exercise room My son attends Sac State and is in his third year. I wish I had stayed here on my previous visits to Sacramento. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side are away from the main street and are quiet, but you get the afternoon sun through the windows.
1  Thank Emil O
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Our Orange infused water is certainly very refreshing in the summer. I keep running out of the office to drink a few cups cups of water myself. I am pleased that you found our hotel to meet all your needs. We are looking forward to serving you with same great service, when you come to visit your son again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My daughter lives in Sacramento but if there are too many visitors at one time, we stay here. I found it mostly by convenient location the first time, but we now stay every time we visit and need another bed. From the first phone call, the staff is great. I usually check rates on line and they have always matched the best I find. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the bed is the most comfortable I have had in a "chain" hotel. Indoor pool and hot tub so remember your bathing suit. The breakfast is one of the reasons we come back - great choices (not just cereal and sweet rolls), clean room and hospitable person keeping the food well stocked. Good way to start the day. I don't look anywhere else - I just come back to the Howe Avenue hotel.

Room Tip: We take a ground floor room near the back because front parking fills up and we can find a spot behind the hotel and get right into the room with our bags.
1  Thank Peggy S
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am pleased to learn that we are able to earn and maintain your trust. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first and I was really amazed with the service of the staff and when I went in my room, it was really clean and beautiful. I didnt have any problem neither notice any. The indoor hot tub is the best, it was really relaxing after a long day. The breakfast was also really good, didn't expect so much but it was just great. I really enjoyed my stay here and I will be back again soon.

Room Tip: High floor on the back side

Dear Guest,

I am happy that you found our hotel to be perfect for your needs. Our indoor hot tub is certain relaxing and the hot breakfast is designed to get your morning started right. We look forward to serving you with same perfection on your future visits.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our family went down to Sacramento because our grandson was having surgery at the hospital in the area. This hotel was chosen because we prefer Comfort Inn's. I personally had to issue with the reservations or checking out. I just want to make sure that those reading this review will know what happened to my son-in-law. Him and his wife made reservations for two nights getting a 15% discount for doing so. While at the hospital, my son-in-law found out that the hospital would let him stay the night with his wife and son in the hospital too. He tried to cancel his reservations that day for the second night. The gentleman adamantly refused to refund him his second night. My son-in-law, myself, and my younger daughter explained to the gentleman why he was wanting to cancel. That his son was at the hospital. Just had surgery and he wants to be able to stay with them. We explained that we were not aware that he could stay at the hospital. But, according to the gentleman helping us, he said there is nothing he can do. That they made reservations for two night and got a promotional rate on doing so. I just want to let you all know that to me this was callous and heartless. I am sure the was a way that he could find to adjust the rate. Give him full rate for the one night and refund the rest due to the circumstances. But he was not willing. I will be hard pressed on wanting to go back to this hotel that has a "manager" that has no heart or feelings and would not bend. The other clerks (both women) were great and understanding, but their hands were tied.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and the beds were great. Access was great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I hope your grandson's surgery went well and that he is in best of health. I want you to know that we are sensible to our guest' needs and are more than willing to work with them. I am sorry that we could not be more accomodating during your recent visit. We do ask our guest to be aware of different specials when booking their reservations. We always encourage our guest to book one extra night, when not sure of length of stay. As we do not charge for early checkout, the only exceptions being prepaid, third party & promotional bookings. Your son-in-law booked a reservation that was a promotional booking(non-changeable, non-cancellable), this was clearly communicated upon booking and again when your plans changed.

Once again, I apologize for not being able to provide you with more accomodating service during your recent visit. If you still feel that I was callous and heartless in handling your concerns, please contact me and we will resolve this to your satisfaction. We want to maintain your trust & confidence in Choice Hotels & will do the necessary to earn your future business. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Location is kind of hard and confusing but once you walk in it's so nice inside. I was checked in by a young lady name manjeshi who was very nice, sweet to give a is room on the 3rd floor back side, and helpful with the directions. Once I walked in the room it was so clean and nice. Beds were really comfortable. You don't know how good a hotel can be until you actually stay there. I will for sure come back to this hotel. Not forgetting the breakfast which had so many items to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that we were able to provide you with home like experience on your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to providing you with same great experience on all your future visits.