We had to stay in the Sacramento area for a family event. We were very pleased with our choice of the Hampton Inn & Suites Cal Expo. The staff was very courteous and our room, a double queen suite, was delightful. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. And, like all Hampton Inns, the pillows are great. The location of the hotel is good, albeit getting back on the freeway can be tricky, but maybe that's just our GPS that made it confusing. I swear sometimes she guides us on routes we don't really need to take! LOL But getting back to the hotel.. The breakfast buffet was good. Not as good as some Hampton Inns. The fresh fruit combination was a mixture of melon and I'm afraid I'm a little spoiled from some of the others offering fresh pineapple, grapefruit, grapes, etc. I just happen to prefer to the latter. Waffles are waffles. The muffins were typically banana or blueberry with an occasional chocolate chip, but very few of those. Bagels were plain or cinnamon raisin, I think. Wheat toast or white. Nothing very imaginative. Hot dishes were either scrambled eggs, cut up sausages, little squared potatoes. One day they had a sort of egg mcmuffin dish and another day they had biscuits and gravy, etc. these items were just mediocre (although the biscuit was really good). They had choc. chip cookies in the lobby in the afternoons/evenings, but not on the weekends. One complaint, if you want to call it that, might be the way they do the towels during the housekeeping service. They take away the dirty ones, but they don't immediately replace the towels. Someone brings the clean ones later. So, if you go out for a while and they come to clean your room, and you come back and think "Oh great! They've done the room - now I can have a nap!".. it's a hassle because you either have to put out the "Do not disturb" and then hunt them down later to get your towels, or you have to put up with being disturbed when they return later with the towels. I also don't like any hotel that uses any kind of fragrance in the room, and I don't know if they used a room spray or if it was in whatever they sprinkle on the carpet before vacuuming, but even though I left instructions for no deodorizing spray, I could still smell some kind of sweet fragrance in the room and it bothered me.. but I am easily bothered by things like that. The only other negative is that sometimes during the night I could hear trucks on the highway. We had asked for a room on the upper floor in the back, away from the elevator, and that part was great. We heard NO hotel noises at all. But I could near highway noises sometimes. I think it was mostly when I was having trouble sleeping anyway. My husband didn't seem to be bothered, and I am a light sleeper, so it's probably just me.. I did bring ear plugs and so it ceased to be a problem as soon as I used them. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo hotel is near the Sacramento Zoo and McKinley Park. Our hotel's amenities include: free breakfast, free WiFi, free parking, a microwave and mini-refrigerator in-room, a multi-lingual staff, an outdoor pool and whirlpool spa, fitness room, and 962 sq. ft. of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd. Hotel Sacramento
- Hampton Inn And Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd.
- Hampton Inn Sacramento
- Sacramento Hampton Inn