“Hampton Inn Sacramento Expo - My Castle”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The entire staff from Heidi, to Armit, Anita, and all are awesome people and they know how to take care of their guests in an outstanding manner! One of the beast features is their Manager's Special on Wednesday nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotels are always clean. The employees are always friendly. The breakfast is varied and good with great coffee. Though this was right by a main highway, that was not a draw-back. We frequently stay at Hamptons; they're not fancy but they're perfect after a long day of traveling.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had to stay in the Sacramento area for a family event. We were very pleased with our choice of the Hampton Inn & Suites Cal Expo. The staff was very courteous and our room, a double queen suite, was delightful. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. And, like all Hampton Inns, the pillows are great. The location of the hotel is good, albeit getting back on the freeway can be tricky, but maybe that's just our GPS that made it confusing. I swear sometimes she guides us on routes we don't really need to take! LOL But getting back to the hotel.. The breakfast buffet was good. Not as good as some Hampton Inns. The fresh fruit combination was a mixture of melon and I'm afraid I'm a little spoiled from some of the others offering fresh pineapple, grapefruit, grapes, etc. I just happen to prefer to the latter. Waffles are waffles. The muffins were typically banana or blueberry with an occasional chocolate chip, but very few of those. Bagels were plain or cinnamon raisin, I think. Wheat toast or white. Nothing very imaginative. Hot dishes were either scrambled eggs, cut up sausages, little squared potatoes. One day they had a sort of egg mcmuffin dish and another day they had biscuits and gravy, etc. these items were just mediocre (although the biscuit was really good). They had choc. chip cookies in the lobby in the afternoons/evenings, but not on the weekends. One complaint, if you want to call it that, might be the way they do the towels during the housekeeping service. They take away the dirty ones, but they don't immediately replace the towels. Someone brings the clean ones later. So, if you go out for a while and they come to clean your room, and you come back and think "Oh great! They've done the room - now I can have a nap!".. it's a hassle because you either have to put out the "Do not disturb" and then hunt them down later to get your towels, or you have to put up with being disturbed when they return later with the towels. I also don't like any hotel that uses any kind of fragrance in the room, and I don't know if they used a room spray or if it was in whatever they sprinkle on the carpet before vacuuming, but even though I left instructions for no deodorizing spray, I could still smell some kind of sweet fragrance in the room and it bothered me.. but I am easily bothered by things like that. The only other negative is that sometimes during the night I could hear trucks on the highway. We had asked for a room on the upper floor in the back, away from the elevator, and that part was great. We heard NO hotel noises at all. But I could near highway noises sometimes. I think it was mostly when I was having trouble sleeping anyway. My husband didn't seem to be bothered, and I am a light sleeper, so it's probably just me.. I did bring ear plugs and so it ceased to be a problem as soon as I used them. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from road
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachmeisters
Reviewed 20 September 2013

For a visit with my daughter and grandson we decided to meet in Sacramento.The Hampton Inn was in a convenient location for that purpose.The visit was a very successful undertaking and the Hampton Inn played a major role in its success.We were welcomed and treated with courtesy and respect.The facility was pleasant and comfortable and we are looking forward to a repeatvisit.

1  Thank Bette H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff is very help. I called at 11:30am on the date of stay and the front desk was able to accomodate my request in 30 minutes. The hotel is slow renovating their guest rooms. The hotel lobby has been completely remodeled. My room and bathroom are clean. The queen beds are comfortable.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Lately, I only choose to stay at Hampton Inns, especially when with my family. I appreciate the awesome complimentary breakfast spread, the cleanliness of the hotel and the security in knowing these hotels have always been in seemingly safe areas. I love the service that I typically receive at Hampton Inn and the price is typically within my range of affordability. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The Hampton Inn we stayed at was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were quite large. We had 2 queens and a sitting area with a pullout sofa. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and sink. Breakfast was plentiful. Very busy as softball teams were staying there but the staff kept restocking food items. Would stay again if in the area.