“The staff here is amazing!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Tampa, Florida
“The staff here is amazing!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Roben is amazing!!! Before I had even arrived at the hotel, she was so kind and pleasant over the phone. I had booked to come in on a certain day and wanted to come in earlier due to a bad stay at another hotel. She made it happen without any issues. She is phenomenal and should be recognized for her excellent customer service! Amit checked me in and he was so nice, I raved about how I love Hilton and can't wait to make Gold in 1 more stay. It was great to converse with him for a few moments. He informed me of a happy hour event the occurs on Wednesday nights (5:30PM to 7:30PM) in Hampton and on Tuesdays at the neighboring Holiday Inn at the same time I believe (both hotels owned by the same person. I was given complimentary water (not sure if that's for all guests or HHonors members). I went to my room extremely happy about my experience with that interaction. I went upstairs to my room and I was pleased with the room and the massive selection of channels (If I remember correctly, they have DirectTV. It has an actual guide where you can select the channels). I did some work and then decided to lay down as it had been a long day. When I moved the comforter, there was a stain on it and I called down to report it. The housekeepers were called immediately and came to change it within a few minutes. Once I got in the bed, it was so comfortable and I was able to relax for a bit. I went to happy hour, they had pasta, meatballs, salad and few other appetizers. It was delicious! They had lemonade, fruit punch, beer, red wine and white wine. It was lovely for them to do that in appreciation to their guests. The young lady (my apologies as I forgot her name) who ran the happy hour was awesome. There was an issue with my bill: I had was that my quoted price for the room on Hilton website varied from the one that was left under my door. That situation was also rectified. As I had explained to the front desk clerk, I had been booking my stays with Hilton for a while and never has my bill varied from what was quoted online. It was resolved so no worries. Breakfast is from 6AM to 10AM and it is complimentary. I came down for breakfast one more at 9:30AM but decided to stop at front desk to deal with my bill difference... after it was resolved, I went to breakfast (about 15 minutes later) but the eggs and bacon (the warm/cooked food provided) was finished. I asked the breakfast staff if there would be brought out. She said no since it was so close to 10 but she asked if I would like her to make some more then she would and it would take 15 minutes. I said yes please. She said she had to go ask her manager and then went to prepare it. I ate what I had prepared as I waited and then she brought out more eggs and bacon. There were guests who came down after I did and they were pleased to see more food come out. My overall stay was excellent as every issue I had was resolved and they made sure I had a pleasant time at their hotel. Parking is complimentary and there is ample parking. Wi-fi is also complimentary. I would stay here again if I ever back in Sacramento.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Have stayed here for years.... Always a great stay and good nights sleep. Comfortable quiet.... good breakfast.... highly recommended. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Always address me by name. Internet works well...which is unusual for a hotel these days!!!

Room Tip: Second floor towards the back
Missouri City, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Too much noise from the freeway next to hotel. Could have had fresh Danish instead of plastic wrapped rolls. Coffee was luke warm. Room not cleaned or had fresh towels at 4pm on Aug. 16, 2014 had to call front desk and ask for towels. It just seemed unorganized. The ONLY good thing was they had a good TV station selection.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Raymond L
DFW area
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We used to stay at this hotel for YEARS.. probably every other month for about 10 years.. We used to be valued customers. One weekend while holding a training there, we had NO hot water and NO service for this for 5 days.. We complained, but there was nothing they could do about it.. Understandable...BUT When we complained and asked for our bill to be reduced because of the horrible service and No hot water, they refused.

We have since then been harassed by the GM at this location for almost a year now. We attempted to set up several meetings via phone AND in person with the GM, but he never answered or never was available. We always had clear communication with them, but they never wanted to reconcile this situation.

I am VERY disappointed with this whole situation. When we told them that the Hampton has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, they blew it off. We called corporate, and they called us and got MAD at us!!! Terrible customer service when it comes to settling a bill.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Valerie B
jamie e, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am the DOS for this property and have only been employed here for only 5 yrs. I brought this group for their 1st meeting in October, 2009 from my previous hotel. Before this - the company " Like It Matters" operated by Scott Black was dba "Empower U". During this groups April event with us - I personally checked on them and there were no complaints brought to my attention. It was only after the groups departure (when payment was due), did they present an issue with their room, requesting a 100% discount (in which their room was granted for the full stay). The group continued to delay the billing until they returned the next month for another seminar. After the next seminar they were now attempting to seek 100% refund on the previous group billing for the whole amount and current months group billing. The hotel owner (not General Manager ) has attempted on numerous occasions to get this resolved but will not agree to writing the whole event and sleeping room billing off. Other actions have been taken and this review was posted in retaliation.
Reno
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here the later end of July for 3 nights.It is very quiet ,has a nice pool and the free breakfast was very good.Very clean and well kept area and rooms are nice,only complaint was beds are too soft,but thats just a personal thing.
Would definitely stay again and will keep in my recommended hotels.

Room Tip: I always prefer a top floor room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Prunedale, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The location is wonderful if you are or are not familiar with The sacramento area. Off the 80Business- close to exppo-arden arcade and minutes from Downtown, Roseville, lincoln reno a quick jump. Central location for going just about anywhere in Sac.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 6 days recently. Ahmet was super helpful and fulfilled all of our requests. Three of us were in a suite and very comfortable, the extra space was perfect for us. Fridge, and micro were convenient. Breakfast was good, clean and well stocked. Everyone at the desk was friendly and helpful with directions. The laundry room and pool area were clean and safe. I traveled with my 77 yr old mom and 12 yr old daughter, we felt safe and comfortable. I'd stay here again, thanks for taking good care of us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family