May 2010. I had the opportunity to spend one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Auburn Blvd. when business required us to be in the area. The hotel is on Auburn Blvd., parallel to Business 80 freeway. There is plenty of free parking in the parking structure behind the hotel.
Check-in was very slow, there was a group of visitors that needed be checked individual and front desk person was a bit slow. One of the groups leaders apologized to me twice. My first issued room smelled of smoking. I returned to the lobby and notified them that I did not want to be charged for smoking because the room smelled pretty bad. The front desk person was able to find me another room which I appreciated.
My room, was okay.. The bed was comfortable. Lighting in the room was okay. The sofa was well worn. The work desk was moderate and chair was okay. My sleep was uneventful and suprisingly quiet.
The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.
The weekday evenings complimentary food selections were suprising good for a Hampton. Probably one of the best complimentary evening food offerings I've had in awhile. In fact the food was better than their breakfast the next morning.
The hotel public areas were clean but and worn and could use an updating to the style of the rooms.
The free business computers and internet were not operational. This property is well worn, and unless you need to be in this particular area of Sacramento (Sacramento Hilton is nearby), I would not return here. I recommend the Hampton Inn Natomas Airport or Hampton Inn West Sacramento over this property. These are much newer Hampton Inn properties. However if you want to be in this specific area of Northern Sacramento and you can get a good rate, then this might be the property for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo hotel is near the Sacramento Zoo and McKinley Park. Our hotel's amenities include: free breakfast, free WiFi, free parking, a microwave and mini-refrigerator in-room, a multi-lingual staff, an outdoor pool and whirlpool spa, fitness room, and 962 sq. ft. of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd. Hotel Sacramento
- Hampton Inn And Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd.
- Hampton Inn Sacramento
- Sacramento Hampton Inn