“So much to do in Fairytale Town!”
Review of Fairytale Town

Fairytale Town
Ranked #1 of 41 Fun & Games in Sacramento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A nonprofit park dedicated to promoting the imagination, creativity and education of children, Fairytale Town is home to three-dimensional play sets based on favorite fairytales and nursery rhymes, a family of rare and miniature breed animals, interactive learning gardens and two performing arts stages. Fairytale Town's hours change throughout the year: March - October Open Daily: 9 AM - 4 PM (weather permitting) Guests who are in the park by 4 PM may stay and play until 5 PM November - February Open Thursday - Sunday: 10 AM - 4 PM (weather permitting) Guests who are in the park by 4 PM may stay and play until 5 PM Fairytale Town is open weather permitting.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I don't have kids, so I had not been to Fairytale Town even thought I've lived in Sacramento for decades. I am so sad I haven't been before, because it's charming and smart and fun! Barnyard animals? Check. A garden which allows for a conversation about healthy foods and how plants go? Check. Shaded places for snacks and meals? Check. A crooked mile that was actually way more challenging than I thought it would be? That, too. Luckily I had my trusted friend Holden to help me maneuver around the mile. Kids bonded immediately with each other, no one was shoving or screaming, it was really idyllic. Considering it is right on Land Park Drive, it is also very serene and lovely. I can't wait to go back!

2  Thank kcdenman
"all ages"
"castle"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! I got a membership there and take my 3 year old grandson quite often. He loves the slides and the animals he gets to see up close and personal. Great place for the little ones to play at! Definitely recommend going!

2  Thank mizmonika34
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

If you have small children and not a lot of money fairy tale land is a great place for everyone to go and enjoy

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Fairytale town was a special destination for family outings as a child. It was a special place when in high school to go with friends and dates.
Who says you can’t go home? Well I recently did... and let me tell you Fairytale town was just as wonderful today as in my fond memories.
Clean, well maintained and friendly staff. No electronics- unless the boxes that tell stories and sing songs count. But you have to have a “magic” key to hear.
Magic is the “key” here. It’s magical to see the youngsters using their imaginations. Magic to see them enjoying the same structures I climbed, ran, sat on in my youth. Imagine such a place still exists!
In Fairytale town it does!

1  Thank 1hairguru