“Shuttle service a joke!!!!!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Let me start out by saying I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the shuttle service at this hotel. When I made my reservation I asked to be put on list for shuttle for 6 people. When I arrived and checked in the represenitive informed me the shuttle was booked and I told her that it was not my problem. then she proceeded to tell me that the other Van they use was in the shop. Once again not my problem. So I asked how they were going to compensate for the lack of service she took $20.00 off my room, I was in no mood to argue. Parking cost me $80.00 at Sacramento airport, I am not a happy person. By the way when we checked out the morning of our flight both shuttle vans were sitting parked in there spots not moved at all and no people waiting in the lobby. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: we did not see pool or eat in restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Toni405
Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Staff was nice, but extremely overwhelmed. Keys needed reprogramming. Floors and walls were dirty and worn. A/C in room unable to cool adequately. Attention to detail was lacking considerably. HOUSEKEEPING DID NOT EVEN FLUSH TOILET WHEN CLEANING ROOM PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL. Room was spacious. Fair free breakfast. Enjoyed pool and happy hour.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Nice staff, clean and spacious rooms. We had a double queen. Everything is very basic, not a lot of frills. Good included breakfast though.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank meems125
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Best value..friendly..free van to old sac,airport and greyhound. Good breakfast,free wine mon-thurs5-9pm..clean and friendly..near other restaurants.

Room Tip: Used booking.com...$71
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is the second time staying at this hotel. There was a local event at the nearby Power Balance Arena. Took a church youth group from San Jose. The hotel is under new management and Deb and her staff were awesome. Kept in contact in the prior months and weeks leading up to the check-in.
The hotel was fully booked but we found parking, check in was a breeze, 9 rooms all keys worked fine. The rooms were spacious and clean and they DID NOT SMELL LIKE SMOKE! We have stayed at other hotels and we specifically request non-smoking but always get 1 or 2 rooms the stink, haven't had this problem at Hawthorn.
The hotel was fully booked but the staff kept the breakfast line moving and the tables clean. Check out was quick and simple. They have a clean and comfortable lobby.
We've stayed at other hotels and there are always complaints from the group, this year we had about 50 people in our group and I did not hear a single complaint about the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We did not receive our wake up call. Shuttle left 15 minutes late and when we called from airport for pickup, no one was answering the phone. I called Wyndham heaquarters for help. We are now having to "wait" 20 more minutes before they will send a shuttle. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CatCal76
Reviewed 16 March 2012

When we first arrived, we had trouble finding parking. As a matter of fact, we had to park at a restraunt parking lot, because their was no more spaces available. I was still excited to see my suite... when we went into the elevator... the door didn't fully close... I started to get a little dissapointed at this point. When we made it up, the main door had a security lock, which i appreciated. We made it to our room and it was quite big. had a kitchen, 3 big flat screen tv's, 2 in each room, and one in the living room. however, My 3 yr old daughter and i started getting itchy... the room was dusty, and the sheets looked and smelled like they haven't been washed( during my stay, I did not see ONE housekeeper) makes me wonder how big they are on sanitation.. the main reason why I'm giving it a 3 and not a five star is... Cleanliness. It's VERY important to have. They were cheap, which is a plus... but with the lack in parking &CLEANLINESS & location... I will not be going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank davanfam
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comments & feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As the General Manager of the hotel, I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect experience with us. As a manager who works with the public, I truly value feedback, good or bad. We need to know how we’re doing from our guest’s perspective and for that reason, I really appreciate your comments. Based on your feedback, I researched your issues and did find some interesting information. We recently purchased new linens and I was told that some have only been washed a few times. From my experience, to reduce the scratchy feeling of new commercial linens, they should be washed at least 3 times prior to use. I apologize that you experienced new sheets that weren’t broken in properly. I’m happy to inform you that we have now washed all our new linens at least four(4) times to ensure they are soft and comfortable. I’m also happy to inform you that the elevator you reported not closing was repaired by our elevator company immediately after you reported it. Overall, we do our absolute best to ensure that every guest experiences a Clean, Safe, & Friendly hotel. No matter what, we let you down and didn’t meet your expectations. My hope is that you will give us another chance to earn back your business and show you that we can exceed your expectations in a hotel. If you’re ever in the Sacramento area again, I would like to invite you back to stay with us. Please call me directly and I will make sure to take care of your reservation personally. In conclusion, on behalf of my staff and myself, I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these issues to our attention. You’ve assisted us in being a better hotel to our current & future guests. Thank you!