“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Southern California
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

We stayed for three days with two toddlers. The room was clean, but the breakfast was not very good. That would be my only complaint. The hotel is very close to downtown Sacramento and all the attractions: Old Sacramento, Sutter's Fort, Land Park, the Capitol. Probably having your own car is necessary.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. Our room was large and clean. Our king size bed was comfortable. Although we didn't use them, the room had a microwave, small refrigerator and a large TV. The complimentary hot breakfast (scrambled eggs and sausage as well as breads, cold cereals, fruit and much more) was delicious. Several restaurants within a short walk. A great value. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlbqTraveler
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

You call this a SUITE? -- A regular sized bedroom with a king bed, a tiny refrigerator and microwave, and a small table with two chairs? I call this a regular BEDROOM, not a suite. After booking and prepaying on hotels.com, neither the hotel company nor hotels.com would give me any satisfaction.

I feel like I have been taken for a fool.

I will never use hotels.com again. And I most certainly would never patronize Hawthorn "Suites" again.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SemperVeritas2009
Cass City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

This was a very good experience at the hotel. It was a very clean and spaceous room. The pool was nice also. It had 2 nice restrauants in walking distance. It also had a 24 hour shuttle to the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Southern Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

Suites were roomy, 2 bedrooms w/ a sofa bed. Not bad price $95 per night. Grounds dingy, common area carpets dirty, lobby very clean and nice, staff nice. Room mostly clean, window sills dirty, popcicle stuck to a couple of walls, food under the bed (dropped candy)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rijeka, Croatia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

I stayed in this hotel one night as I got a great price over one of Tripadvisor's partners. Stay at the hotel includes parking and breakfast. The parking is ok, but the breakfast was very rudimental. The room we had was on the second floor and when you entered the hallway (with a key) you needed to stop breathing until you don't enter the room as the carpets stank like a morgue. The room was quite large, with two big beds, but also had a strange odor.

When I went to bed I found out that my head is shaking as the bed wall behind the bed was vibrating. I presume AC or heat room was next door and I physically needed to move my bed to be able to sleep.

Besides the price, the only positive thing about this place is that it is practically just a mile or two away from the old part of Sacramento.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Port Townsend
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

When we checked into our room we found the bathroom dirty with fecal matter on the toilet seat. I immediately called the front desk and asked for the bathroom to be cleaned, it wasn't done. I asked three times for the toilet to be cleaned and it never was. Also, the top sheet was missing from our bed and I kept asking for that and never received it. The shower had mold growing on it and the carpet was soiled. We were supposed to stay for a week and we checked out early. When I complained about the dirty room and lack of caring on the managements part nothing was done. I wasn't given any refunds and the staff didn't seem to care that we were unhappy with our room. If you have to clean your own bathroom you might as well stay home.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple