“This place is really mediocre”
Review of Grill Masters Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grill Masters Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Used to be Monterey Bay Canners at this address.
Jackson
“This place is really mediocre”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

For starters, I can't believe it will be around much longer. On a Sunday night, our party represented pretty much the only patrons during the dinner hours. Grill Masters sounds like it should be a decent place for good beer. Filet Mignon is not even on the menu. No really good cuts were. I opted for the prime rib. I should have known better. Any place that offers it every day, you've got to ask them "did you really bake a standing rib roast today?" I was first served someone else's medium well piece that was, in my mind, inedible. When they got the plates straightened out, my medium rare piece was just a slice they had thrown on a flat grill (and somewhat overcooked -- but there was no fixing their prime rib). Totally unacceptable as a prime rib menu item. There was really nothing of merit to note about the place. Really a shame because there used to be some decent restaurants right in that area including the previous incarnation of this building. They even forgot to ever serve the second glass of wine I ordered. Move along folks; nothing to see here.

• Visited January 2014

Mt shasta
“Worst Service I've ever had.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My party of 10 was glared at from the second we walked in the door. Unfortunately, the hostess also turned out to be our server. Rudest little thing. I'm assuming a family member of the owners? Food was ok, but the service was honestly the worst I've ever experienced. Went to Denny's for dessert..it was like Disneyland in comparison.

• Visited December 2013
California
“Not for us”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Eat here because it was conveniently located across the street from the Hawthorne Inn and recommended by the desk clerk, who was young and obviously easily impressed. At first we thought the place was closed because of the lack of cars in the parking area. The dining area was empty, the service was slow and very confusing (I think the chef/owner? brought our food when the server was no where to be found). The restaurant is located in a very desolate area. Anyway, all that aside the Prime Rib which we both ordered was tough and everything else was fair. We would not return to this restaurant because of the dingy atmosphere, poor service and quality of food.

• Visited October 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We just checked in at the Hawthorn across the street and were starving from the 9 hours of travel. I had the bacon cheese burger and it was great. Flavorful, juicy, huge...everything you could ask out of a steakhouse burger. The atmosphere is a little dates but could add to the charm. It did not disappoint
My fiancé had the california burger. It's. bacon cheeseburger with avocado. Very fresh avocado, perfect

Don't overlook this place because it is off the beaten path

• Visited September 2013
Yucaipa, California, United States
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The food in this Restaurant was fantastic, a culinary delight. Came back to this restaurant twice and never disappointed. I would recommend this to my friends and family if you are ever in the Sacramento area please visit this restaurant. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013