“Sundays are brunch only days and close at 3 PM”
Review of Fox & Goose

Fox & Goose
Ranked #44 of 2,070 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Scottish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We with a group of about fourteen including an out of town guest on a Sunday. The place was very busy. They don't take reservations, but will put you on the "wait list" if one of the party goes in. This worked OK, but the wait was about 45 min. Fortunately, the rest of the party were coming in about 30 min., so it worked out.
Service was moderately good, a little slow, but still attentive, especially with our group which included four youngsters from three to seven, and a teen.
The space can get really crowded, even in the dining room(separate from the bar area); however, there are several four place tables and several booths. The chairs are not "lounging" type, and must be more for authenticity than comfort.
The food (eggs, omelets, potatoes, fruit, etc.) was quite good and my only complaint was the fried potatoes were a little "mushy" considering. Portions were generous, and orders accurate.
Coffee is nothing to "write home about", which is a little surprising considering the crowd they serve.
Prices were reasonable, and at local price point.
No alcohol was consumed, so I can't remark about that (however, it is a pub).

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went with friends. Ate dinner and had drinks. Food is OK, nothing special, not terrible but nothing to write home to mom about. They have a wide range of music here, and a wide range of different and unique drinks. We went on a night they had a folk band playing.

I had a hibiscus cider that was really good. Everybody else seemed to enjoy there food and drinks. This place is in a nice old building too, lots of character. Not super crowded spot, but a place I would go back to for sure.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stopped by here one day during the afternoon. It seemed we hit the back end of the lunch crowd. Both of us got fish and chips, while the fish was not as crispy as I would have liked, it was very good and still better than the fish and chips I had at the Eagle and Child in Oxford.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My first introduction to this place was in 1989 during a weekly singing night. This doo wop singing group from Davis sang a song with words that have stayed with me over the years. D A V I S spells Davis California. Anyway, the impression was lasting. Over the years during my tenure in the area and when I return to Sac for pleasure and business I make it a point to eat at Fox & Goose. The parking looks the same. It is safe, but has a sketchy look to it. The inside has not changed at all. They have preserved the look and integrity of the foundation even with the years of customer traffic. This is not an easy accomplishment. The food is standard English fare and always delicious, the bartenders and waiters are always friendly and the prices have not increased much over the years. This is a unique place and a must for locals and visitors.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We dine out one night weekly with my in-laws, and were looking for a change of pace. This restaurant (truly a British Pub restaurant!) was great! While a lot of folks were in the nice bar area, we were one of only 5 tables in the restaurant on a Monday night. The menu has GREAT variety (British and Scottish favorites) and we were very happy with our meals, our service, and the relaxed and upbeat ambience (we are all seniors, as were some of the diners). My husband said his Fish and Chips were the best Fish he's had in the entire central valley, ever! Also exceptional were the Shepherds Pie and the Erin Go Braugh sandwich. We shall return! This place has been around for decades and decades. Read the history on their website, and enjoy the experience and great food (they serve dozens of beers, too; those who had beer in my group said the beers were exceptional!). Please read YELP reviews--they are FAMOUS for their breakfasts and brunches (delicious scones).